FA cup draw

Sorry chap , I still love the FA Cup in all its faded glory .

Yeah, didn't mean cup as a whole in my post, more about the draw. Although tbh I have lost interest in the FA Cup.

Did used to enjoy watching the draw, felt like a proper occassion, a bit like how I used to get excited for every England game, including friendlies.

The velvet bag and the noise of the balls jiggling around... Sir Burt Millichip etc and the other 'pompous' types that would be presiding over it. Happy days!

So who would you like in the draw? We used to pray for a premier league team, now we would be cursing our luck!
Time was we'd be desperately hoping to avoid a crap draw (looking at you, Barnsley).

Now we're the crap draw!

Last edited:
Yeah, didn't mean cup as a whole in my post, more about the draw. Although tbh I have lost interest in the FA Cup.

Did used to enjoy watching the draw, felt like a proper occassion, a bit like how I used to get excited for every England game, including friendlies.

The velvet bag and the noise of the balls jiggling around... Sir Burt Millichip etc and the other 'pompous' types that would be presiding over it. Happy days!
Yeah. I get the excitement over the draw as I get excited over team sheets, but I only watch draws if the TV happens to be on. Love the FA Cup, though, our matches and the natches for lower league sides.

Could’ve been worse. Iraola will play a strong side. What will Eddie do? The Geordies will not accept a weakened side against Sunderland

Rail Engineering works, the Clapham and overground to Shephards Bush not really viable unless you have many hours to spare
Slightly better via Reading and Paddington, but almost double the price

;