FA Cup replays scrapped

It has also been reported on BBC teletex the PL is also scrapping the current Winter break. This is bad news for clubs who have multiple player injury problems. The Winter break should stay permanently.

I wonder if when the European Super League is introduced the extra amount of games the top clubs have to play will become an issue for them?

Teams in next season's FA cup could do one of 2 things.
1. Boycott it. Like Manchester United did. Although that harms themselves.
2. Play a game and if it ends in a draw just leave the field. Don't take part in extra time and penalties.

They won't. Because they will be punished. But I'd love to see some action.

The FA cup has been ruined by the FA.

I am also interested in the AFCB view.

It has also been reported on BBC teletex the PL is also scrapping the current Winter break. This is bad news for clubs who have multiple player injury problems. The Winter break should stay permanently.
…so ‘multiple player injury problems’ that occur during the Winter isn’t ‘bad news’ for non-PL clubs who have no choice but to play, then?

Last edited:
Sounds like they are now trying to say the EFL were including .

All a right old mess.

And now about money ofcourse .

Good to have memories of our big cup run back in the 1950’s and games since before it lost it’s ‘magic’ to the other competitions.

Also FA Cup final day with the various programmes like it’s a Knockout FA Cup special etc.

Not forgetting moments like Ronnie Radford’s goal.

Last edited:
They should pull out and encourage all other EFL clubs to pull out. Fans of all clubs will back the decision and leave the money men exposed and they will sh*t themselves.

They should pull out and encourage all other EFL clubs to pull out. Fans of all clubs will back the decision and leave the money men exposed and they will sh*t themselves.
Agree on the protest element but as the FA Cup isn't that much of a money generator for the PL clubs, I suspect they wouldn't care that much. Reading the BBC Sports news today it seems that the EFL were mostly blind-sided on the discussion as the FA and PL kept that between themselves. Pretty poor management and cooperation.

;