Fire sale

Having sold players very early in this transfer window increasingly looks like a very good move. With no fans back in stadiums, plummeting commercial income and a likely £250 million hit for Premier League clubs to bail out the EFL, Transfer fees at the end of the window are likely to be much lower than at the start.

I expect we have some key targets we hope and expect to pick up on the cheap.

Main downside is that we may end up accepting a derisory offer for Josh King.

Yep, those who can never say a bad word about the club are still pretending this ain't happening!

Absolute joke of a management appointment and we've lost how many players, now?

Arter, Defoe, Boruc, Ibe, Fraser, Wilson, Francis, Surman, Ake, Ramsdale, Dobre, Butcher, King clearly doesn't want to play for us anymore and now it looks like Begovic is off.

Our fan base is just too soft, there would be up roar if that happened at a club whose fans weren't a bunch of wet wipes.

We live in a free market economy. That means that if the club that you* currently support is so badly run, you* can choose another club to follow .

We also have freedom of thought and expression. That means that if you* hold other supporters in contempt, you may consider not communicating with them.

We also live in a society where you* are free to use punctuation and spelling how you* see fit. That means if you* use them differently to others it may incline people to disregard the content of your* messages.

* the words you and your are not aimed at any one individual whatsoever, but are in place of the rather pompous sounding one.

Last edited:
Yep, those who can never say a bad word about the club are still pretending this ain't happening!

Arter, Defoe, Boruc, Ibe, Fraser, Wilson, Francis, Surman, Ake, Ramsdale, Dobre, Butcher, King clearly doesn't want to play for us anymore and now it looks like Begovic is off.

Our fan base is just too soft, there would be up roar if that happened at a club whose fans weren't a bunch of wet wipes.

Out of interest, what does uproar look like during a time when no one can attend games?

Yeah losing Begovic will be the last straw!!.....nuuuuuuuurse.

EH legacy of investing in young talent will work out well for us I think. Solanke, Danjuma, Stacey, Mepham, Surridge and L Cook were all sensible investments in building the next wave of senior players. As long as we can keep these guys hungry for success we'll be fine. Definitely not crying into my beer over sales so far.

What I did find interesting was that in the local Manchester press they mentioned that we could field the same team tonight minus Ramsdale and Wilson that ran them close a few months back.

Clearly a keeper is a problem spot for us at the moment but you could argue Danjuma is looking far more dangerous than Wilson did last year. It’s pretty clear looking at it that way that the first team has not been decimated at all, it is in fact the squad players and backups that we now lack.

EH legacy of investing in young talent will work out well for us I think. Solanke, Danjuma, Stacey, Mepham, Surridge and L Cook were all sensible investments in building the next wave of senior players. As long as we can keep these guys hungry for success we'll be fine. Definitely not crying into my beer over sales so far.

None of the players you mention did anything in the Premier League for us. To get promoted we need Premier League quality players. Instead of signing any, we have sold them off (Brooks excepted).

Pathetic, why don't you get out and do something, or are you a wet wipe as well.

You could argue, a lot of the players that have left got us relegated
You could also argue that a lot of the players that got us promoted to the PL were not seen as PL quality at the time - Francis, Daniels, Cook, Surman, Pugh, Kermogant, Pitman etc etc. and according to some fools we should have sacked EH in our first season in the Championship.

Don't be silly, we haven't "lost" any players, we/the club know exactly where they are. Oh, and by the way, we haven't lost any games either to date under this joke appointment.

I'm not sure how long you have been following football, my guess is that this is your first season, but when a team gets relegated it loses players, either those good enough to continue to play in the league above or those who aren't going to make it with any immediacy.

And as for the fan base, it's not too soft (we have Republican in our ranks y'know!), it's tolerant and I'm pleased it is, why would we want to be like other clubs...

Oh dear I thought this had already been dealt with. It’s not half term already is it?

Honestly, what fan base would expect to keep hold of Wilson, Aké and King in the Championship?

What fan bases would be desperate to sign the likes of Boruc, Begovic, Ibe, Defoe, Francis, Surman, Dobre and Butcher at this level?

One of our players has basically said Fraser is the reason we went down but you want to keep him?

Arter had his personal reasons for leaving so the only player I think we might have kept was Rambo and we got £22m for him.

I agree with the above . A couple of players went and rightly so to be in the premier league . The others including the old guard would have dramatically reduced our wage bill. Out of those players , many were hardly playing but taking a hefty salary .

In my eyes we have needed a good clear out . We need hungry players who want to play for the club. Arter left for personal reasons but he was one£30k a week and not wanting to be here. We do need a couple additions and I think we will get them in

We need hungry players who want to play for the club. Arter left for personal reasons but he was one£30k a week and not wanting to be here. We do need a couple additions and I think we will get them in
To be honest, I think this is one of JT's most important jobs since he took over. He needs to find out who is committed to the cause and who is just waiting for a chance to leave. He then needs to clear out the players who are not committed to a serious attempt at getting out of this league this season. It's imperative that we have no repeat of the squad disunity we had last season.
Of course that poses the question, who will replace them all ? So far no incomings but with a few experienced PL players staying on, it's not inconceivable that the youngsters we have could cope, with a little bit of help getting up to speed initially. A couple of young hungry players coming in might be enough to get the job done. We would still lack depth in an injury crisis though, which is a big worry.
Now we are no longer Premier League I doubt that we can afford to employ 22 players of equal quality, so we might have to accept that the second string of players will always be a level below our normal starters. I think that is just an economic fact now that we are in this league. That will leave us having to pray that our key players can stay injury free or at least that the injuries they suffer will only be short-term ones !
:utc:

;