First board meeting.

There's more to it than Eddie "needing help". He got things horribly wrong for much of the season as his midfield was overrun week after week. He neither added numbers to the midfield from the squad nor recruited in January. Why?? The problem was so glaring it's bizarre he didn't deal with it. And if he doesn't strengthen midfield over the summer we'll likely have the same problems next season.

Anyone around at the club who can point to this sort of deficiency? ... or is Eddie deaf to advice? Love him ... but his stubbornness can be costly.
Agree, I think the midfield problems were really the insistence of only playing 2 in the centre. When you look at the players available Lerma, Billing, Cook, Surman, and Gosling with the likes of Stanislas, Brooks and Wilson also able to play in a fairly central role if needed I think we had plenty of ability there - we just didn't pick them.

I don't think you can judge EH too much on this strange fragmented season.
Maybe, unlike the previous seasons where we were relatively safe by March...he allowed a certain amount of Panic to set in leading to too many variations of players, positions and formations. ..maybe.
Add in the Covid factor....disaster unfolds.

Not many top managers don't have a Panic period sometime in their careers.
The word that crops up often now....Stale...is the one that bothers me most.
Why Stale.?..well ...over 10 years or so with the same staff around him...but the key players getting older...its easy to get stale.
The new players are discouraged from bringing up new ideas and have to blend into the club atmosphere which is dictated by a revered manager and that same old staff.

So something has to change...starting with Eddies outlook...the Championship clubs are not going make it any easier for us. Last time we were comparatively unknown.

Both Rothwell and Seitz are bankers working primarily for a company called Helix Fiduciary in Switzerland who deal with trusts and wealth management.
My worry is both of them are only going to look at it from a profit and loss situation and I worry the long term goal will be ignored (as it has already with no real infrastructure changes or legacy from our time in the Prem).
Dont get me wrong, I understand we invested (Badly?) in the squad, but if these two are linked closely to Max, will they advise reducing costs right down and cutting and running now theres no premier league income (barring parachute payment)

If Max was only ever looking at this as an investment opportunity he would never have got involved in the first place.

If Max was only ever looking at this as an investment opportunity he would never have got involved in the first place.
This is why I think people overreact when they talk about our debt, it may be large but it’s mainly all owed to him! He could have easily made bundles of profit along the way by selling our star players or not giving Eddie money to spend, but he has only ever seemed interested in creating a successful football team.

Please don't get me wrong, im chuffed to bits Max came in when he did.Not sure when these 2 joined the board and even if they have a link to Max, was just speculating. It is definitely my hope the board back Eddie to stay and allow him a bit of scope with regard signings and staff in his opportunity to get us back in the Prem. That said, I think an additional "director of Football" type appointment is considered to give Eddie another experienced voice of reason to bounce off

...don’t really go for Directors of Football..Eddie will have learnt much much more from relegation than any of our promotions and he will be stronger for the experience. If he doesn’t have the fire in his belly though then he may want a fresh challenge somewhere else?... but Max and his team hopefully will ignite that and we can make the future promising and successful

...don’t really go for Directors of Football..Eddie will have learnt much much more from relegation than any of our promotions and he will be stronger for the experience. If he doesn’t have the fire in his belly though then he may want a fresh challenge somewhere else?... but Max and his team hopefully will ignite that and we can make the future promising and successful
The reason for the DoF is to take the pressure of Eddie and allow him to concentrate on what he does best and enjoys doing.

A modern Sporting Director is not the same thing as appointing a 1990’s style Director of Football when you were contemplating a change of manager. I very much doubt Leeds’ SD tells Bielsa what do to so there’s no reason it won’t work here provided people can shake off its decades old negative connotations

I think Eddie is his own man and he would want a say if he wanted someones help/advice on who it would be, if anyone.

I agree, DJ. Rothwell and Seitz appear to have joined the Board in 2011 around the same time as Max. During that time we have gone from a turnover of circa £3m to in excess of £100m with the same Board ( Mostyn and Blake are the other members).

Perhaps the UK based Directors have talents that are not obvious to us fans, but which Max feels comforted by. So what does Max see that we can't?

I recognise the name Rothwell as having been involved from the start with Demin. Can only speculate on the role, but always thought perhaps it was advice and auditing of how Demin's funding is structured.

I think Billy is right about Eddie being his own man...but how can you consolidate that when things start to go wrong.
If you consider the Club is a team effort as a whole..." Together anything ...etc..then Eddie would need to come outside himself a bit.
Just how patient and understanding/ loyal can the Owner bend towards.
So far so good it seems.

If Max is so well off that he is able to treat AFCB as partly a hobby - so feels its OK to take a financial hit .. then we are very lucky.

Of course the Ride that the club has been on will have got into his Emotions a fair bit...its been a good few years too so just like Eddie ..it would be hard to let go..
I could be wrong...but I doubt it.

If Max is so well off that he is able to treat AFCB as partly a hobby - so feels its OK to take a financial hit .. then we are very lucky.

Of course the Ride that the club has been on will have got into his Emotions a fair bit...its been a good few years too so just like Eddie ..it would be hard to let go..
I could be wrong...but I doubt it.
I agree with you Brian, but your last statement still creased me, considering some of your posts!!!

After a pretty good track record I think there was a time where he said certain things were about to happen that then didn't.

Maybe Coleen Rooney advised the board to feed stories to a list of people, reducing them one by one until they were only left with a single person. Then they could identify where the leak came from and those last predictions were the thing that uncovered him/her.

;