First Choice Midfield

Keep the faith RB - Uncle Bill's got a plan!
Don’t worry, I’m not going all R&R just yet. I can’t really fault the new owners (some grumbles about home points, hospitality and umbrellas aside) so far. There have been a lot of words and they’ve backed them up with actions, so fair play. Definitely exciting times to be a Cherries fan.

Obviously recency bias says Cook and Christie, but Adams and Scott have a significantly higher ceiling.

Seems people have all but forgotten how the better sides tore apart Cook and Christie over the first 3 months of the season.
What facts/performances/fitness levels gives the basis for your ‘significantly higher ceiling’ comment? Other than two rather inflated transfer values?
The upturn in performances & results has, as many have agreed, been the foundation that Cook and Christie have provided. Christie in particular has both surprised and delighted me with his form in that deeper role and I would find it almost impossible to see Andoni leaving him out given what he gives to the side.
Christie stuck on/Cook if fully fit/ Scott or Billing slightly forward of them.

Going to have to go Adams, Christie, Scott.

I can't believe that Christie has been so phenomenal in this position, that he has to be in there.

Cook is playing best football of his life, but Adams is supposed to be the dogs, so going on reputation tbh.

Ultimately there was a reason we paid 25m or so for Scott and Adams. They are upgrades, and we need to develop them, into 50-100m players.

Scott/Christie/Billing.
Scott has the creativity.
Christie has the stamina and tackling ability.
Billing offers something different and can get goals.
In saying this I think Cookers is having his best season in a long time and Kluivert offers energy and dribbling skills.
We are blessed to have this dilemma of choice chums!

I’m going Adams, Christie and Scott.

I know it’s hard with Adams but isn’t he supposed to be excellent?
Can’t disagree. That word is going to be used again but I think Scott will prove himself undroppable. Hopefully Adam’s will do the same when fit. You’ll get an idea of how highly AI rates his depending on whether he becomes an instant starter or not

Love people choosing Adams when he hasnt played yet.

Cook, Christie and Scott for me.
Well it was about hypothetically if they are fit and at the peak of their game. Unless you are questioning the recruitment he was supposed to be the jewel in the crown so was assuming he’d be good. Maybe I’m too trusting of Hughes….

As ever the chances of having everyone fully fit at the same time these days are slim, but always a good pub discussion!

Impossible to comment on Adams. I know his CV but I can't parachute him into a nicely working team based on reputation alone.

Wouldn't mind seeing Scott in the #10 at some point, where I think he'll end up settling in time. But again not loads of info to judge him on.

Can I be greedy and have two options for different types of game?

Cook, Christie, and Scott for majority possession games.

Cook, Christie and Kluivert for counter attacking games.

Feels odd Billing getting fewer mentions despite being arguably our best player pre AI. Not sure he ideally suits AI but that second half role we've seen Phil in lately is worthwhile.

Well it was about hypothetically if they are fit and at the peak of their game. Unless you are questioning the recruitment he was supposed to be the jewel in the crown so was assuming he’d be good. Maybe I’m too trusting of Hughes….
Yes your way too lenient on him

As ever the chances of having everyone fully fit at the same time these days are slim, but always a good pub discussion!

Impossible to comment on Adams. I know his CV but I can't parachute him into a nicely working team based on reputation alone.

Wouldn't mind seeing Scott in the #10 at some point, where I think he'll end up settling in time. But again not loads of info to judge him on.

Can I be greedy and have two options for different types of game?

Cook, Christie, and Scott for majority possession games.

Cook, Christie and Kluivert for counter attacking games.

Feels odd Billing getting fewer mentions despite being arguably our best player pre AI. Not sure he ideally suits AI but that second half role we've seen Phil in lately is worthwhile.

I’m jumping on this bandwagon.

I too think it’s weird that people are choosing Adams, we know that he’s a good player but he’s literally never played with Christie, how do we know they’d work as a pair. Cook and Christie have the best on field chemistry of any midfield duo I’ve ever seen play for us and I don’t understand how they aren’t automatic picks for everyone.

Lovely problem to have :D

We've not even seen Adams or Traore really!! Injuries/systems and form mean we might get to see most of them, feel a little for Kilkneny and a bit for Rothwell as they're looking like they're not going to get many mins.

I too think it’s weird that people are choosing Adams, we know that he’s a good player but he’s literally never played with Christie, how do we know they’d work as a pair. Cook and Christie have the best on field chemistry of any midfield duo I’ve ever seen play for us and I don’t understand how they aren’t automatic picks for everyone.

This sort of logic suggests we couldn't ever improve on Cook and Christie. Scott has looked really promising in the deeper role and some people are of the opinion that his ceiling is higher than Christie and the same could be true of Adams. They may be right or wrong but it's a fair opinion.

As good as these two have been they have still a way to go to match the chemistry of Arter and Surman imo.

Because it was a hypothetical question and, having seen Adams play a bit before and his reputation, I think a Christie/Adams or possibly Cook/Adams partnership has a higher ceiling than Cook/Christie (which is performing very well currently).

As you have said, we won’t know until they play together, but as someone else said, it’s a great pub question with no ‘right’ answer, just a gut feeling (and perhaps some optimism that we didn’t buy Adams just because he is American).

;