First Choice Midfield

I may be being pessimistic but I have a feeling Adams won't play much of a part this season.
Hamstrings are a terrible thing to have operated on ,and by the time he is fit to play there is also his match fitness to consider,I think next season will be his season with a full pre season behind him.
In answer to the question.
Cook
Christie
Kluivert

With Scott interchanging at 8 or 10.

Cook, Christie and Scott for me.

Seems to be no point trying to rush Adams back from injury in any event.

The way Scott ripped Fulham apart with that run for the first goal surely means that he has got to be one of the first names on the team sheet going forwards - IMHO!

Not sure about Scott, he is certainly a good footballer, but I didn't like his fingers to the lips to Fulham fans and his interview on MOTD was all about him. We don't need a Grealish type.
He has an attitude and I hope he doesn't think he is too good for Bournemouth.

Not sure about Scott, he is certainly a good footballer, but I didn't like his fingers to the lips to Fulham fans and his interview on MOTD was all about him. We don't need a Grealish type.
Lol I hope every player we have thinks they are too good for us......or do you think we should be the pinnacle of every players aspirations?

Sounds humble about his abilities, talks about the team, talks about the manager. Not sure what interview you saw, maybe it was edited down. Not seen much attitude from him yet, just a great player trying his best.

Bournemouth 3-0 Fulham: Alex Scott - 'I wanted to prove I am ready' - BBC https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/cxe6jlpvz40o.amp

Personally I love players with a bit of attitude and if they can wind up the opposition fans then so much the better. Just adds to the atmosphere at games.

Personally I love players with a bit of attitude and if they can wind up the opposition fans then so much the better. Just adds to the atmosphere at games.
I am pretty sure some of the Fulham Fans were giving Scott some stick every time he got the ball near them. No idea why.Hence his reaction when we scored

Scott/Christie/Billing.
Scott has the creativity.
Christie has the stamina and tackling ability.
Billing offers something different and can get goals.
In saying this I think Cookers is having his best season in a long time and Kluivert offers energy and dribbling skills.
We are blessed to have this dilemma of choice chums!
S,C and B aren’t by any chance each related to a N,N or M are they your Lordship?

Christie, Cook & Scott. We currently have a wealth of options/permutations, a luxury we have never seen. We will certainly have a quality bench. I think Phil Bill coming on with 20 minutes to go has offered us a little more steeliness in recent games, not usually a characteristic associated with Phil. He also gives us a greater goal threat should we go behind.

I'm impressed that so many people watched Leeds so often last season.
I can only speak for myself. But I live about 20 minutes from where Adams grew up and played high school ball.

I saw him at NY Red Bulls, watched him with Leipzig, and with Leeds, not to mention the USMNT.

If he returns to his top form, prior to injury, he is not only the best midfielder on the team, but may be our best player overall.

He had an argument for being the best defensive midfielder in the EPL last year, when he was healthy. Which is why he was so heavily connected to Liverpool before we eventually swooped in.

He's an ideal fit for AI's system. The work rate was among the best in the EPL last year. He led the EPL in tackles per game last year. Both features of him being a converted RB. He's a star who's less thought of on the world stage because he's American.

The only question for him Has always been his health. He's always hurt. Thr last time he played 30 league games was 2018, in the MLS. But we all knew that was a risk when he was signed.

When he's fully healthy, which seems like it may be pretty soon as he said today that he's "getting close", he should be almost immediately inserted into the starting 11, just as we've seen from Alex Scott.

Depends heavily on the context. I think the competition goes like this:

6.- Cook/Adams
8.- Christie/Scott/Rothwell
10.- Kluivert/Billing/Scott

Not dodging commitment... but I would genuinely like to see a proper rotation. Maybe Christie / Cook/ Scott starting, with Adams/ Billing / Kluivert coming in after 60 mins ( when we are 4-0 up ) LOL. ! But I would also like to ask why Brooksy hasn't been included in the list ?

This sort of logic suggests we couldn't ever improve on Cook and Christie. Scott has looked really promising in the deeper role and some people are of the opinion that his ceiling is higher than Christie and the same could be true of Adams. They may be right or wrong but it's a fair opinion.

As good as these two have been they have still a way to go to match the chemistry of Arter and Surman imo.
You missed the point I was making, we could well improve on them yes but the point I was making that the partnership is pivotal when choosing the combination. We’ve never seen Adams play with Christie so who’s to know they would have anywhere near the same chemistry?

On your point about Arter and Surman I disagree, they did have an awesome chemistry together but we never at any stage looked as good as we do now in the PL with those two in our midfield. Christie and Cook are clear imo.

Reactions: DJ
You missed the point I was making, we could well improve on them yes but the point I was making that the partnership is pivotal when choosing the combination. We’ve never seen Adams play with Christie so who’s to know they would have anywhere near the same chemistry?

On your point about Arter and Surman I disagree, they did have an awesome chemistry together but we never at any stage looked as good as we do now in the PL with those two in our midfield. Christie and Cook are clear imo.

People are speculating on who is going to be the first choice midfield and think that Adams will do even better than Cook and Christie.

You didn't say who was best you said who had the better chemistry. Arter and Surman probably were more limited but they had unbelievable chemistry. That Howe side had perfect partnerships all over the pitch which is why poorer players performed so well.

;