Florist are losing it!

I know it’s not a popular view to hold but I have some sympathy with Forest. Week in, week out teams like them, us, Burnley, Wolves etc. have to deal with the fallout from shït var decisions with virtually no recourse. On the extraordinarily rare occasion when a wrong var decision affects one of the big six, it is plastered all over the papers and the tv for days on end as journalists bemoan the injustice. The rest of us have to say nothing and get on with it.
You are right, a number of clubs get different treatment vs the same incident for Liverpool or man utd

I didn’t like how Steve cooper’s default reaction for a long time was attacking refereeing decisions but keeping quiet on some that went his way. That has created a siege mentality and an outlook that continues today.

As stated above, only 1 of the 3 is a penalty in my view so hardly the Luton supporting influence that Forest claim

I don’t think the nature of their response is helpful - we saw that when Dan gosling spoke out re John moss.

More effective would be a class action of clubs like us Burnley forest and wolves to collectively protest. Again, Forest don’t see themselves as a small club so might not want to join forces

I think they were wrong to question the integrity of the officials as I think it is unconscious bias rather than deliberate/corruption. I also think it comes back to not wanting to overrule or question your colleague, especially if he is seen to be more senior than yourself.

Their statement is not the right way to behave and they should held accountable and be punished for it. They went too far but if they hadn't then everyone wouldn't be talking about it. It would have been a short discussion as happens every week then it would be forgotten and nothing changed.

If it opens discussions about how VAR is ruining the game and the ridiculous bias and contradictions week to week then that's a good thing. That's the most important point that I hope isn't overlooked. If there was more transparency then I think fans would be more understanding and there wouldn't be the vacuum for so many conspiracy theories.

You are right, a number of clubs get different treatment vs the same incident for Liverpool or man utd

I didn’t like how Steve cooper’s default reaction for a long time was attacking refereeing decisions but keeping quiet on some that went his way. That has created a siege mentality.

As stated above, only 1 of the 3 is a penalty in my view so hardly the Luton supporting influence that Forest claim
Seems very soon to be getting so desperate. Would've done better to present the one closest to an obvious error but in a far less childishly threatening way.

Thing is they could probably get a small majority unhappy with the bias in the league if they wanted to address it but it feels more like they're aiming at a PsyOp for their games against Burnley and Sheffield United.

I didn’t like how Steve cooper’s default reaction for a long time was attacking refereeing decisions but keeping quiet on some that went his way. That has created a siege mentality and an outlook that continues today.

I don’t think the nature of their response is helpful - we saw that when Dan gosling spoke out re John moss.

More effective would be a class action of clubs like us Burnley forest and wolves to collectively protest. Again, Forest don’t see themselves as a small club so might not want to join forces
If you means legal class action then that would suggest that football has lost it completely.

I'm guessing that if they get relegated, Forest will be trying to copy that case from Belgium that saw a match replayed. Sigh.

The thing is, I've advocated the club speaking up before (or rather, the manager) when we got a seemingly endless run of **************** decisions. There is something to be said for speaking up to make the point when you're always getting the shitty end of the stick.

On the other hand, when you behave like Forest have in recent times I lose all sympathy. It smacks of "rich owner who is used to always getting his own way having a tantrum because he's found something where he'll have to deal with the **************** side of life everyone else has to deal with sometimes".

There's a big difference between pointedly stating your case and looking pathetic. They're firmly ensconced in the latter
Speaking up - you mean like GON has. How's that worked out? What changed for Wolves?

I'm no fan of Forest but certainly that tackle on Hudson Odoi was a disgrace and I'm sure fans of every club in the world would be up in arms if it happened to them. Maybe it's time the clubs took the PGMOL and the PL to task about the use of var.

I'm no fan of Forest but certainly that tackle on Hudson Odoi was a disgrace and I'm sure fans of every club in the world would be up in arms if it happened to them. Maybe it's time the clubs took the PGMOL and the PL to task about the use of var.
What about the other 2 though?

Are they just 50/50 that sometimes get given but not all the time?

I don't like them and think they are serial moaners. They also think they are bigger than they are in my opinion. That said, on this particular issue, they're not wrong. VAR is corrupt.Everyone thinks it. They are just not allowed to say it. Hope their demand for audio and explanations in some way helps to make the powers that be more accountable in time.

I know it’s not a popular view to hold but I have some sympathy with Forest. Week in, week out teams like them, us, Burnley, Wolves etc. have to deal with the fallout from shït var decisions with virtually no recourse. On the extraordinarily rare occasion when a wrong var decision affects one of the big six, it is plastered all over the papers and the tv for days on end as journalists bemoan the injustice. The rest of us have to say nothing and get on with it.
I’m with you. The problem with these sort of things is it’s hard to disaggregate the feeling towards the club from the actual events! Forest are ridiculously pumped up with some horrible fans and nothing would give me more pleasure than them going down and Luton staying up.

That said the absolute shambles that is refereeing and VAR consistency in this country at the moment is abject and embarassing. Forest have had some horrendous judgements against them. Off the scale bad in terms of both the amount and the obviousness. If this was Luton we’d all be banging their corner! So I’m glad they’ve kicked off because someone has to. I don’t like the way they’ve done it but I’m glad they’ve done it as it’s got people talking about it.

After offside, handball is the easiest call on a football pitch (with slow motion and multiple angles). How they can’t agree a consistency on this alone is beyond any comprehension. Many heads should roll and the PL should step in and hire refs from abroad and publically state they have no faith in PGMOL destroying their brand.

It needs calling out so fair play to Forest for going over the top. Still hope it carries on and they get relegated though!!

;