Formula 1

The blokes ones won it 7 times FFS....crying out loud...he has made loads of dosh and has a life of luxury.
Dripping, manking and moaning on his behalf is bloody pathetic.
Its a dangerous sport they have chosen...that being the case ..we want danger...and risk..and incident...not a borefest !
This end was was right up my street.

The blokes ones won it 7 times FFS....crying out loud...he has made loads of dosh and has a life of luxury.
Its a dangerous sport they have chosen...that being the case ..we want danger...and risk..and incident...not a borefest !

Heaven forbid the best driver wins. Give it to the person who lost last time.

For those failing to understand why Massi broke the rules (which he did, there is no argument around that)....

The rules are clear.

1) All lapped cars overtake (in which case Hamilton champ), or
2) No lapped cars overtake (in which case Hamilton champ)

Massi instead made up his own rule to "race". The only way that would allow Verstappen to be champ.

I’ve also just had thought about a red flag…of course after giving track position and a free pit stop to Verstappen last week…not throwing a red flag this week and making up a new rule in regards to backmarkers, gave Verstappen track position and a free pit stop this week.

A red flag, would have resolved the controversy this week…but of course Hamilton would have been able to change his tyres and would have won.

Lewis cannot be the best driver forever...its a natural progression for a younger man to come through at some point....but then Lewis will have more chances for a few years at least to grab it back !..Today is no big deal !

This must be one of the asteroid-like hitting posts you mentioned yesterday :D

Lewis cannot be the best driver forever...its a natural progression for a younger man to come through at some point....but then Lewis will have more chances for a few years at least to grab it back !..Today is no big deal !
Of course Lewis can't rule forever but that is no excuse for sheer ineptitude of the officials, and their desire to engineer a result. Would you approve of last minute rule changes by officials in football so that a team losing, and to all intents and purposes dead and buried, in the final minute is given an artificial chance to win the league title

Last edited:
Please can the Sky cameras now be allowed into the discussions with the stewards (and then any subsequent court cases). It could make for another couple of weeks' value for the subscription.

Please can the Sky cameras now be allowed into the discussions with the stewards (and then any subsequent court cases). It could make for another couple of weeks' value for the subscription.
Apparently the decision(s) have to be made by Thursday a.m.

Merc have the lawyer that got Man City off their European ban there. Shows how bad the FIA is when they take someone like that to a race just in case.

Of course Lewis can't rule forever but that is no excuse for sheer ineptitude of the officials, and their desire to engineer a result. Would you approve of last minute rule changes by officials in football so that a team losing, and to all intents and purposes dead and buried, in the final minute is given an artificial chance to win the league title
No...agreed but what's done is done....both drivers innocent of any misdoings....so we are down to politics of sorts...pen pushers and that big old chestnut MONEY...who can make from it...we can't change that.
This is why i've jettisoned emotion from my observances of Sport...even to the point where I don't give a f√cking sh*t if my beloved Cherries don't get promoted.
Most of Sport now...is a crock of sh*t....due to Money , sponsors , egos , celeb status. ...and all manner of crap !

The blokes ones won it 7 times FFS....crying out loud... ..we want danger...and risk..and incident...not a borefest !

I know you enjoy to zig when everyone else zags just to stir it up. But if the snippets above are genuinely how you feel. Then I suggest it’s not sport you’re after it’s “sport entertainment”.

Sport should have integrity. It’s irrelevant if anyone is dominant in sport, that’s what sport is. It’s up to everyone else to be more competitive. If you want it engineered for drama then watch oiled up blokes in spandex.

I know you enjoy to zig when everyone else zags just to stir it up. But if the snippets above are genuinely how you feel. Then I suggest it’s not sport you’re after it’s “sport entertainment”.

Sport should have integrity. It’s irrelevant if anyone is dominant in sport, that’s what sport is. It’s up to everyone else to be more competitive. If you want it engineered for drama then watch oiled up blokes in spandex.

Exactly... 'sport entertainment' ..that's my thing.
We won't get full stop integrity in Sport now...the Money thing is too powerful....we are too far down that spiral.
As regards me zigging....and 'most' others zagging..well that's just fun as I see it...and extracting hidden character from Cherries fans....who I've always thought a little too passive .

exactly you need to believe it’s a fair fight otherwise don’t invest your time and money in it. F1 had an opportunity to build a new fan base today but no doubt many first timers will look in disbelief at what they watched.

As well as it being a complete farce, for many there will now always be an asterisk next to Max's name for his world title, with people remembering what happened in the final race.

;