Fulham v AFC Bournemouth

Feel sorry for Parker here, going away to his former club, who also happen to be the top scorers in the league by a country mile, with likely his entire first choice back four and only two defensive midfielders out injured… I’m not inclined to write off games (even in the Prem I didn’t like this idea of a free hit as what is the point of turning up if we don’t believe we can compete) but even the most optimistic person from optimism land must admit that getting anything here is a very tough ask.
Re the formation and set up (assuming there are no miraculous recoveries) he has essentially got to pick from the lesser of two evils. Does he go for a back three with Rossi or a back four with Davis at left back? Both have shown themselves to be defensively naive at this point if we’re being honest and it’s highly likely that the most ruthless side in the league would take advantage. Personally I wouldn’t want Davis up against Harry Wilson and it might be beneficial to get as many bodies in our box to try and crowd out Mitrovic, so I would go for a back three with Ibsen Rossi but honestly can’t see either option being fruitful. Will be very interesting to see how we approach this.
Ibsen Rossi was awful when he came against Coventry, guess you weren't there.

Hold on folks… we’re second in the table…!!!! Derby went there bottom of the table and went away with a 0-0…

Yes it’s gonna be a hard game but it’s perfectly possible we could get 1, maybe 3 points from this game…

Some folk are talking like they are Man City FFS… all this talk of free hits, no chance of getting anything and doom and gloom is just ********************************…

I’ll finish as I started… We’re second in the table ffs…

Ibsen Rossi was awful when he came against Coventry, guess you weren't there.
No need for that, I watched the game and am well aware he was very poor. You must have not read my post properly as I did quote his inclusion as the lesser of two evils. Davis also looks very vulnerable defensively but at least Ibsen Rossi would be supported by two other centre backs. He’s also quite good on the ball which neither Cook or Mepham really are.

Hold on folks… we’re second in the table…!!!! Derby went there bottom of the table and went away with a 0-0…

Yes it’s gonna be a hard game but it’s perfectly possible we could get 1, maybe 3 points from this game…

Some folk are talking like they are Man City FFS… all this talk of free hits, no chance of getting anything and doom and gloom is just ********************************…

I’ll finish as I started… We’re second in the table ffs…
Mate, we’re going away to the highest scorers in the league with our entire first choice six defensive players missing, it’s not doom and gloom, it’s just pointing out that it would be an incredible feet to get anything from the game in these circumstances. It’s about taking it in context rather than just making generic statements such as ‘we are second in the league.’
-around half the team that hit us into this position will not be playing, so clearly our current league position does not have a bearing on how we should expect this match to go.
-against Derby Fulham had seven players out with a sickness bug and in addition some playing while still suffering, they were missing quite a few of their big hitters that will be back.
I truly hope we do defy the odds, but make no mistake, any result other than a defeat here will be defying the odds. Sometimes it’s not doom and gloom, it’s just realism.

Mate, we’re going away to the highest scorers in the league with our entire first choice six defensive players missing, it’s not doom and gloom, it’s just pointing out that it would be an incredible feet to get anything from the game in these circumstances. It’s about taking it in context rather than just making generic statements such as ‘we are second in the league.’
-around half the team that hit us into this position will not be playing, so clearly our current league position does not have a bearing on how we should expect this match to go.
-against Derby Fulham had seven players out with a sickness bug and in addition some playing while still suffering, they were missing quite a few of their big hitters that will be back.
I truly hope we do defy the odds, but make no mistake, any result other than a defeat here will be defying the odds. Sometimes it’s not doom and gloom, it’s just realism.

Jeff aside, we’ll be going to Fulham with the same side that should have beaten a good Coventry side… That first 70 mins saw us make a side sitting in the play offs with some good wins under their belt, look like relegation fodder…

Yes we’ve folk missing and ok, so did Fulham v Derby, but we will go there with a side a lot better than Derby… don’t see why there is so much negativity around us getting something from the game…

You mention half the team that hit us into this position are out… Well half of the team that hit us in to this position are also still playing, with the very good players filling in… Steve Cook, Lewis Cook, Kilkenny, Stacey, Davis… all good players…

Last edited:
Feel sorry for Parker here, going away to his former club, who also happen to be the top scorers in the league by a country mile, with likely his entire first choice back four and only two defensive midfielders out injured… I’m not inclined to write off games (even in the Prem I didn’t like this idea of a free hit as what is the point of turning up if we don’t believe we can compete) but even the most optimistic person from optimism land must admit that getting anything here is a very tough ask.
Re the formation and set up (assuming there are no miraculous recoveries) he has essentially got to pick from the lesser of two evils. Does he go for a back three with Rossi or a back four with Davis at left back? Both have shown themselves to be defensively naive at this point if we’re being honest and it’s highly likely that the most ruthless side in the league would take advantage. Personally I wouldn’t want Davis up against Harry Wilson and it might be beneficial to get as many bodies in our box to try and crowd out Mitrovic, so I would go for a back three with Ibsen Rossi but honestly can’t see either option being fruitful. Will be very interesting to see how we approach this.
I don't think Wilson is such a big deal set pieces aside . He's hardly a tricky wide player with pace, I should think Anthony would relish the challenge and I think Davis could cope with him.

Mate? What's that all about?
And please can we have some sensible realism whatever the result.

I don't think Wilson is such a big deal set pieces aside . He's hardly a tricky wide player with pace, I should think Anthony would relish the challenge and I think Davis could cope with him.
I thought the same about Afobe and where did that end up. Guarantee Harry will score at some point.

Mate? What's that all about?
And please can we have some sensible realism whatever the result.
You really are persistent in picking fault in everything I say, am I not even allowed to call somebody mate? It’s a fairly common term used in casual conversation in the real world. I completely understand I have overreacted at times in the past and have deserved the responses I have got, but please try to resist the temptation to pick at things I say just for the sake of it, it just isn’t necessary.

Jeff aside, we’ll be going to Fulham with the same side that should have beaten a good Coventry side… That first 70 mins saw us make a side sitting in the play offs with some good wins under their belt, look like relegation fodder…

Yes we’ve folk missing and ok, so did Fulham v Derby, but we will go there with a side a lot better than Derby… don’t see why there is so much negativity around us getting something from the game…

You mention half the team that hit us into this position are out… Well half of the team that hit us in to this position are also still playing, with the very good players filling in… Steve Cook, Lewis Cook, Kilkenny, Stacey, Davis… all good players…
You make some good points, hopefully the group that he puts out there are able to gel and put in a performance to be proud of. The only bit I don’t agree with is that Davis is a very good player at this moment, he has the potential to be fantastic in the future but right now imo the defensive side of his game is very raw, even a poor side like Derby were able to exploit this. I’d be concerned if he was up against Wilson.

You really are persistent in picking fault in everything I say, am I not even allowed to call somebody mate? It’s a fairly common term used in casual conversation in the real world. I completely understand I have overreacted at times in the past and have deserved the responses I have got, but please try to resist the temptation to pick at things I say just for the sake of it, it just isn’t necessary.
Thought you would of moved up to " pal " status

Six goals and seven assists this season, he is definitely a big threat at this level. Not so much the next level up though.

Feat.

I watched the game at Preston and Mitrovic was back but I don’t think he was on top form after his illness and the stand in Preston centre half did a good job on him and he didn’t get a sniff at goal.

Mitrovic was getting more and more edgy as the game went on.

So if not Cargill, maybe S Cook and do a job on Mitrovic as well, though he has had a few more days to recover after the illness and the Preston game and he is at home.

I think Cargill moved on quite a long time ago Billy:):)

;