Gaetano Castrovilli

Hey assuming that this is genuine and not a wonderful segue to a pun.

A pivot is basically a midfielder that drops deep to move the ball from the defence to midfield. I think the term pivot is because they typically just turn and pass.

View attachment 11452

A double pivot is just having two midfielder who drop deeper to collect the ball, this is particularly trendy because most teams only play one up front so they can't press unless they pull more players up.

View attachment 11453
I tried a double pivot once.
I nearly ruptured my testimonials…:cry::eek:

I don’t think they’re weird examples? All of them played on to a quality standard, i except that Puckett isn’t the greatest example to the modern fan but he carried on in the non league and was outstanding
I agree with your point and everyone’s point that people can have great careers after an ACL and that it shouldn’t put us off signing people.

It was your examples of this I thought were odd. Pucketts outstanding non league career was 20 games at Woking where he was awful and 10 games for Lymington before retiring in agony. He scored 6 goals.

When did Bishop do an ACL?

Wilson is a great example and there are many more, Shearer etc.

He'll be on a salary of approximately £50k/week when he signs with us, according to this.

Time will tell if he'll be a success, but he comes with a proven pedigree and an overall deal cost that seems reasonable. Let's hope that his quality translates to the English game and his injury issues are behind him.

I agree with your point and everyone’s point that people can have great careers after an ACL and that it shouldn’t put us off signing people.

It was your examples of this I thought were odd. Pucketts outstanding non league career was 20 games at Woking where he was awful and 10 games for Lymington before retiring in agony. He scored 6 goals.

When did Bishop do an ACL?

Wilson is a great example and there are many more, Shearer etc.
Don’t believe everything everything you read on Wikipedia, I watched and played with Puckett for two seasons and he was a mile ahead of everyone else we played with and against

Had a little dig around to see what the Fiorentina fans think and found this:

Stick Google Translate on and pick through the comments at the bottom. They don't seem all the bothered he's leaving, apart from anger at the board, and think they got a good price for him.

Still, the Charlton fans didn't think Francis was a League One player when we signed him. They were correct, as he did alright in the PL.

Stick Google Translate on and pick through the comments at the bottom. They don't seem all the bothered he's leaving, apart from anger at the board, and think they got a good price for him.

Still, the Charlton fans didn't think Francis was a League One player when we signed him. They were correct, as he did alright in the PL.

Injury record seems to be the reason they think it's a good deal for them.

I suppose there's always some part of a transfer where you have to hold your nose a bit and with this guy it's the injury record. I'd love Scott too but with him it would be the price. With Che Adams its because he's a scummer and also because he's not very good.

Not sure that’s quite right. I speak Italian and it seems to me that the comments include anger at the board, sour grapes (“he’ll never be the same player after his injury”), resignation about players coming to the end of their contracts and leaving for next to nothing, and a variety of comments on the price - mostly thinking it’s OK in the circumstances.

There weren’t many comments I saw, admittedly only flicking through, which questioned his ability.

Seems like a mixed bag of comments to me. Most who think it's the right time are citing his injury record. Many fans saying that he is a gamble that should be worth taking given their lack of other options, and others saying it's further proof that the owner is systematically dismantling their club for profit.

Loving the comments about Bournemouth being a nothing club.

No need to make any thoughts on the player until we see him play.
I believe he was in the Italien squad earlier but never played.
If he has injury problems then he won't be passing the medical.

Don’t believe everything everything you read on Wikipedia, I watched and played with Puckett for two seasons and he was a mile ahead of everyone else we played with and against
I get that. And loved Puckett as a kid. I was at Bristol Rovers when he did his knee and it was awful. It’s just not an example of ACL players carrying on at the same level.

Anyway… I agree… it shouldn’t put us off signing people if they have come back.

According to Wikipedia he has played and was also in the Italian squad that beat England in Euro 2020.

Capture.JPG

According to Soccerbase he came on as a sub in the September 2021 World Cup game against Lithuania and also in the 2021 Euros against Wales, but not in the team or subs against England in the final.

He also started in a friendly against San Marino in 2021.

Last edited:

;