Gary Cahill

Did steady us in the opening part of the season and was part of a mean defence…comparisons to Steve Cook are a bit wide of the mark as good as Cookie was for us…I don’t think he had the influence on the team that Gary did..
Anyway wonder what Scott will do to add that sort of PL experience to the side in the summer?

Cahill brought years of experience to teach the youngsters and turn them into the classy ones we now have. I would think he's got a good future in coaching young defenders, sad we couldn't keep him.

Wish him well....not the first player to fall out with a manager.
Why is it necessary for you to pitch everything as an anti Parker jibe. It is quite clear to anyone that the broken ribs he sustained in the Millwall away game took a massive toll on him, until then he had been a virtual ever present. It was clear to all that he struggled for form after that injury, playing when he wasn't 100% because we were short at the back, and then Parker wisely brought Phillips in. Parkers thoughts on Cahill:-
"He's that voice in the changing rooms," Parker told DorsetLive in March. "Whether he's playing or not playing. He's got vast experience and he can be a massive part in terms of getting us over the line."

Not a surprise and the right decision given lack of pace and his fitness. Played a huge role in our promotion and had a great impact on Kelly too. Was superb for the games he played. Remember him plucking the ball out of the air and turning his man against Bristol City away - sheer class. He'll do a great job for a top 6 championship side next season.

Why is it necessary for you to pitch everything as an anti Parker jibe. It is quite clear to anyone that the broken ribs he sustained in the Millwall away game took a massive toll on him, until then he had been a virtual ever present. It was clear to all that he struggled for form after that injury, playing when he wasn't 100% because we were short at the back, and then Parker wisely brought Phillips in. Parkers thoughts on Cahill:-
"He's that voice in the changing rooms," Parker told DorsetLive in March. "Whether he's playing or not playing. He's got vast experience and he can be a massive part in terms of getting us over the line."
Oh come on....he couldn't even make the squad!.....never mind Phillips... Mepham was even picked ahead of Cahill!!
Why are you so frightened of anyone offering a negative opinion of Scotty?.....not that this is one....on the contrary in hindsight i think Parker was right to completely bin him as i think he had a negative impact on our younger players.....it's no coincidence that we stopped the exaggerated parking the bus tactics every time we took the lead once Cahill was gone.

Oh come on....he couldn't even make the squad!.....never mind Phillips... Mepham was even picked ahead of Cahill!!
Why are you so frightened of anyone offering a negative opinion of Scotty?.....not that this is one....on the contrary in hindsight i think Parker was right to completely bin him as i think he had a negative impact on our younger players.....it's no coincidence that we stopped the exaggerated parking the bus tactics every time we took the lead once Cahill was gone.
So…, Is it fact or just your opinion?
He came back very quickly after breaking 2 ribs.
Having fractured just one rib I can say for sure it was too soon for him, even with the best medical care and strapping.

So…, Is it fact or just your opinion?
He came back very quickly after breaking 2 ribs.
Having fractured just one rib I can say for sure it was too soon for him, even with the best medical care and strapping.
Why does everyone keep banging on about his ribs?....players get injured and then come back into first team contention.....Cahill has been nowhere near our first team for nearly half a season!

Would be interesting to hear from JZ and Kelly how much Cahill helped them …or not. Seem to be coaching then a lot in that early part of the season

Would be interesting to hear from JZ and Kelly how much Cahill helped them …or not. Seem to be coaching then a lot in that early part of the season
Exactly......maybe Parker thought that Cahill had too much influence on them......listening to more than one voce isn't always helpful.

Exactly......maybe Parker thought that Cahill had too much influence on them......listening to more than one voce isn't always helpful.

Your hatred of Parker has completely fried your brain. Your views on everything are warped by it. Cahill was great, got injured, then never really got back in the side. He was still apparently a big part of the squad and helped the youngsters no end. It's not particularly complicated or controversial.

Why does everyone keep banging on about his ribs?....players get injured and then come back into first team contention.....Cahill has been nowhere near our first team for nearly half a season!
I can’t speak for others.
I bang on about ribs from personal experience.
It’s an injury that you think has cleared up then one sudden movement and you’re back to square one.
It’s as likely as likely that this kept him out of the Team as your theory that he fell out with your best mate Parker.

Your hatred of Parker has completely fried your brain. Your views on everything are warped by it. Cahill was great, got injured, then never really got back in the side. He was still apparently a big part of the squad and helped the youngsters no end. It's not particularly complicated or controversial.
Lol even when i praise Parker for getting a decision right i'm somehow criticising him!....honestly i can't win....still never mind......He never got back into the squad!.....does no one but me think it strange that he wasn't even on the bench?......would anyone on here rather we sent on Mepham for the final ten minutes to see out a game?....i mean really?.....Cahill is almost the perfect player for that situation.

Lol even when i praise Parker for getting a decision right i'm somehow criticising him!....honestly i can't win....still never mind......He never got back into the squad!.....does no one but me think it strange that he wasn't even on the bench?......would anyone on here rather we sent on Mepham for the final ten minutes to see out a game?....i mean really?.....Cahill is almost the perfect player for that situation.

You're talking crap. He got in loads of squads.

;