Gary Cahill

Lol even when i praise Parker for getting a decision right i'm somehow criticising him!....honestly i can't win....still never mind......He never got back into the squad!.....does no one but me think it strange that he wasn't even on the bench?......would anyone on here rather we sent on Mepham for the final ten minutes to see out a game?....i mean really?.....Cahill is almost the perfect player for that situation.
He was on the bench 9 times since being dropped at the end of Jan, the last time being 15th april

Last edited:
I can’t speak for others.
I bang on about ribs from personal experience.
It’s an injury that you think has cleared up then one sudden movement and you’re back to square one.
It’s as likely as likely that this kept him out of the Team as your theory that he fell out with your best mate Parker.
Lots of people have fractured ribs .....i have .....it's a nothing injury.....trying breaking a collar bone!

It's 50% of the last 18 games, you said "He never got back into the squad!.."
Which clearly is not true, I think that was widely reported
Lol he made the squad in the same way Harry Arter 'made' the squad in his last season with us.....in reality he was no where near it.....he didn't play a single minute.

Oh come on....he couldn't even make the squad!.....never mind Phillips... Mepham was even picked ahead of Cahill!!
Why are you so frightened of anyone offering a negative opinion of Scotty?.....not that this is one....on the contrary in hindsight i think Parker was right to completely bin him as i think he had a negative impact on our younger players.....it's no coincidence that we stopped the exaggerated parking the bus tactics every time we took the lead once Cahill was gone.
Clueless anti Parker nonsense. No point in me taking apart your myopic view as others have already done so.

Last edited:
So what? He was great, got injured and then wasn't picked. What's the problem?
You don't see anything wrong with that sentence?....to go from being 'great' to never getting picked is a bit strange isn't it?.....i mean even if he was somehow deemed not good enough to start wouldn't he at least have a role to play as a sub?..... take the game against Forest some our defending in injury time was horrendous.....absolutely no leadership or organisation.....wouldn't Cahill have been ideal to bring on?.....if everything behind the scenes was hunky dory between him and Parker of course.

Clueless anti Parker nonsense. No point in me taking apart your myopic view as others have already done so.
lol why bother answering if you have nothing to contribute?...no one on here agrees with me but at least they are willing to debate the point.....just banding around words like 'clueless' just shows you up tbh.
Some people have forgotten what this forum is about....it's not a Scotty parker fan club .

You don't see anything wrong with that sentence?....to go from being 'great' to never getting picked is a bit strange isn't it?.....i mean even if he was somehow deemed not good enough to start wouldn't he at least have a role to play as a sub?..... take the game against Forest some our defending in injury time was horrendous.....absolutely no leadership or organisation.....wouldn't Cahill have been ideal to bring on?.....if everything behind the scenes was hunky dory between him and Parker of course.

No I don't see anything wrong with it whatsoever. As I say I think your hatred of Parker has warped your view on everything. He got injured and then didn't get picked. There could be all manor of reasons why but the guys that did get picked did great, including meps.

Maybe he struggled with fitness after the injury. We don't see the training stats. Then he got sent off, basically as a result of him not being quite quick enough and coming in too late for a tackle. We loaned Phillips after Cahill was out and Meps injured. If Phillips was doing okay, there was possibly a feeling that we needed to play him because of the loan fee.

lol why bother answering if you have nothing to contribute?...no one on here agrees with me but at least they are willing to debate the point.....just banding around words like 'clueless' just shows you up tbh.
Some people have forgotten what this forum is about....it's not a Scotty parker fan club .

Give it a few months and I'm sure there will be others criticising Parker.

I don't know what job you do but mine is quite physical.....and yet a few cracked ribs was nothing a few paracetamol and a nurofen didn't sort out......i did have to take a week off with the coller bone though!:)

With Cahill I think it was quite possibly a number of factors that contributed to him not playing much in the second half of the season. The injury, the intensity of the fixture schedule and perhaps age catching up with him a bit could all have played a part. In his limited appearances post the Millwall away game he didn’t look the same player. In his appearances against Hull and Barnsley he looked a little out of his depth.

lol, it was never that.

;