Gary O'Neil

Boils my blood. Crap teams have stayed up for years just by getting set pieces right attacking and defending. It's like starting on minus points.
This. It could very well cost us our place in the league this year, in fact I think there is every chance that it will.

In terms of our ability on the ball we are easily good enough to survive, the fact that we’re at risk of going down over something as simple as defending crosses into our box is a travesty. It’s why I am an advocate for throwing Zabarnyi into the team, he would surely help what is our biggest deficiency.

This. It could very well cost us our place in the league this year, in fact I think there is every chance that it will.

In terms of our ability on the ball we are easily good enough to survive, the fact that we’re at risk of going down over something as simple as defending crosses into our box is a travesty. It’s why I am an advocate for throwing Zabarnyi into the team, he would surely help what is our biggest deficiency.
I agree with throwing Zabarnyi in. If he's as good as reported why are we holding back ? You can tell him to attack the ball at every set piece and it's all well and good until a team mate steps into his run. Unfortunately all of the team need to know everybody's job and it isn't being coached into them.
For what it's worth I think Parker and his coaches would have pretty much nailed this by now.

We battle on with what still is a Tinpot set up...grabbing a few wins when we encounter an opposition that has itself bad dog issues...such as Spurs....and soon Leeds and Chelsea.
It's an OK existence as a fan if you don't set sights too high and see the whole spectrum as an enjoyment...
..the art of supporting is to be able to effectively praise and criticise..being fair minded in the process....and enjoy both.
And with regard to this Forum...when it gets too serious and animated...torpedo it with nonsense or humour !

Today I switched very quickly from our huge disappointment....to join my missus shouting for her Brighton to beat Manu...for just two hours in the hope of avoiding a ManC Cup Final..sadly it is happening !
It won't be like a Scouse Final. They'll just say bad stuff about each other and be vindictive afterwards.
There are some lardy-headed dudes in that city...not unlike Londoners.

I can hate Brighton again when we play them again later this year ...just for a couple of hours...what happens to them outside that ..I couldn't care a f√ck....they are very similar to us.

Removing rigidity of thought from around Sport is a pleasing thing...we can't control what happens...it's just there...happening !

I agree with throwing Zabarnyi in. If he's as good as reported why are we holding back ? You can tell him to attack the ball at every set piece and it's all well and good until a team mate steps into his run. Unfortunately all of the team need to know everybody's job and it isn't being coached into them.
For what it's worth I think Parker and his coaches would have pretty much nailed this by now.
I just think it’s a tall order to make your debut in a local derby relegation battle in a league where we can all agree the pace is extreme for overseas players to get used to.

In his brief cameo v Brighton he got horrendously turned and then lost someone in the box. Please don’t take this as me judging his entire career with us it’s never easy coming on as cb and he has a really decent pedigree so offers hope of being a good signing. I just would rather that debut waits a bit or he gets more sub time first. For him as much as us. Had he come from the German or Italian league I might have a slightly different opinion.

I just think it’s a tall order to make your debut in a local derby relegation battle in a league where we can all agree the pace is extreme for overseas players to get used to.

In his brief cameo v Brighton he got horrendously turned and then lost someone in the box. Please don’t take this as me judging his entire career with us it’s never easy coming on as cb and he has a really decent pedigree so offers hope of being a good signing. I just would rather that debut waits a bit or he gets more sub time first. For him as much as us. Had he come from the German or Italian league I might have a slightly different opinion.
I remember the turn against Brighton so take your point. I still think he has to start a game sooner rather than later, as you say it's harder for a defender to get the pace of the game when coming on as a sub and that lot aren't Brighton.

I think this is where I am. Get another three points first then give him a go. Mepham and Sensei for me and set up so their pace won't be exposed.

We battle on with what still is a Tinpot set up...grabbing a few wins when we encounter an opposition that has itself bad dog issues...such as Spurs....and soon Leeds and Chelsea.
It's an OK existence as a fan if you don't set sights too high and see the whole spectrum as an enjoyment...
..the art of supporting is to be able to effectively praise and criticise..being fair minded in the process....and enjoy both.
And with regard to this Forum...when it gets too serious and animated...torpedo it with nonsense or humour !

Today I switched very quickly from our huge disappointment....to join my missus shouting for her Brighton to beat Manu...for just two hours in the hope of avoiding a ManC Cup Final..sadly it is happening !
It won't be like a Scouse Final. They'll just say bad stuff about each other and be vindictive afterwards.
There are some lardy-headed dudes in that city...not unlike Londoners.

I can hate Brighton again when we play them again later this year ...just for a couple of hours...what happens to them outside that ..I couldn't care a f√ck....they are very similar to us.

Removing rigidity of thought from around Sport is a pleasing thing...we can't control what happens...it's just there...happening ![/QUOTE
You were hoping for a Brighton win so the come on you cherries… PJ’s got put on…. Back of the net OC….have it.

Let’s get a bit of perspective and not be too critical. We’ve been on a good run, much better than most of us expected. Look at our ‘match up’ against WH. We like to play on the counter and have been poor for very many years defending crosses. Our possession stats for the season are the lowest in the Premier League, 34% I seem to remember. Today we had over 60% and are poor at breaking down a low block. WH are big, strong and good in the air. A typical Moyes team. It was never going to be easy and we made a terrible start. These things happen. What should we expect being a side fighting relegation. So maybe cut GON and the team a little slack.

It's no good us thinking this Thursday is a Derby.
...it most certainly ain't that....we don't exist.
..well we do in reality but to them we are a League 1 outfit for the purpose of thrashing to save 3 points .
But.. one of them phoned in to Radio 5 saying it didn't bother him being relegated as long as they 'dragged Boscombe down with them'' ..yes he called us " Boscombe" which is kind of quaint.. but nice quaint !
This twonker actually mentioned 'bragging rights'... Crikey thought I.. steady on blud.. ye dinna want bristling Pomponians hearing that kind of talk..or they'll be sniffing out Brighton peeps for a dust up over a cup of Earl Grey tea and Rock Buns at a South Downs Picnic Park..
On Thursday them there St Mary marionettes and minstrels might even raise up a chorus or two of . . ." Ohwhentheygomarching". as the whooping hordes of East Dorset red 'n black bedecked, cheese-eating, cider apple-bobbing, stink - bomb chuckers come trundling across the gorse and cow pats..and enter into the Library ..." ere they come... the mushtie mushtie mushla....ain't no Derby for ya ere mateys...bugger off...these seats are reserved fer Pompey next season !"

I'm not sure how one of our worst headers of the ball, one of our weakest players in strength and a player who goes wobbly Infront of goal ended up marking, or more to the point, getting nowhere near Antonio for the first goal. Bizarre decision.

I'm not sure how one of our worst headers of the ball, one of our weakest players in strength and a player who goes wobbly Infront of goal ended up marking, or more to the point, getting nowhere near Antonio for the first goal. Bizarre decision.
You mean Billing, Anthony and Christie?

O'Neil has got way more grief than he's deserved over the season but not on this point.
Really? Who from? Not the ex pro pundits. They all seem to think he's doing a marvellous job. Apparently it's great that he's not afraid to change things after we've gone 2 down again with no mention of why we went 2 done in the first place. Warnock said he was very attacking after one game when every one on here was bemoaning the fact that he'd set us up defensively again. You listen to them and wonder if they're talking about the same bloke or just spewing out the self serving guff the ex pro mafia (that we can thank a certain G Lineker for) does about every other ex pro presumably because they might need a job after punditry. They remind me of some Tory MPs whose only function is to stand up in the Commons and ask; " Does the Prime Minister agree with me that he's doing a marvellous job?"

Can believe he was not put on in the second have as it looked like GON gave up on the game as took are best player on the pit off

Let’s get a bit of perspective and not be too critical. We’ve been on a good run, much better than most of us expected. Look at our ‘match up’ against WH. We like to play on the counter and have been poor for very many years defending crosses. Our possession stats for the season are the lowest in the Premier League, 34% I seem to remember. Today we had over 60% and are poor at breaking down a low block. WH are big, strong and good in the air. A typical Moyes team. It was never going to be easy and we made a terrible start. These things happen. What should we expect being a side fighting relegation. So maybe cut GON and the team a little slack.

all we ask is that the players learn from there mistake, and by god they are not. Who is taking the training of set piece defending as he has not learnt anything at the moment

Can believe he was not put on in the second have as it looked like GON gave up on the game as took are best player on the pit off

He's struggled with fitness. Has only managed two 90 minutes since he's been here. Was rested last time we had three games in seven days so it wasn't necessarily the worst decision to take him off. Hopefully he's not injured.

all we ask is that the players learn from their mistake, and by god they are not. Who is taking the training of set piece defending as he has not learnt anything at the moment
O’Neil will take the flag as he is in the top position.
I presume Elphick will have a big part in the organisation of the defence.
No matter how much he is held as hero for his playing days. Putting someone with next to no experience in the position he holds in a premier league team is a joke.

;