Gary O'Neil

As this thread is on the front page and I just read this I thought I might as well share…

Gary O'Neil has blasted yet another VAR decision against his Wolves side, calling their disallowed equaliser "one of the worst decisions I’ve ever witnessed".

Seem a mixed reaction from fans but the pundits on MOTD certainly seemed to think it was harsh.

Guess it depends if you think the keeper was impeded or not ?

Gary Lineker said there should be an appeals system .

How many would they have and want though ?

We could be there all day !

And doesn’t mean we would get the “right decision “ of course.

Still be down to the VAR and ref to make a decision subjectivity.

Last edited:
As this thread is on the front page and I just read this I thought I might as well share…

Gary O'Neil has blasted yet another VAR decision against his Wolves side, calling their disallowed equaliser "one of the worst decisions I’ve ever witnessed".

Whinging about nothing. His player is deliberately right in front of the keeper. Offside.

There is no concrete, consistent interpretation of the Rules any more.. they've f√cked with the game so much in this decade...control of Refs and VAR is corrupt and 'all over auction'..so to speak.
MONEY is the f√cking Guvnor.. there seems no going back to the Old Game ...in it's simple magnificence !

Leicester won the Title...shock and horror....so 'They', the Money Generators, had to take actions to consolidate their Power....if that Power meant that Confusion and Mayhem kept the 'Underlings' at bay then so be it...worse to come i'm afraid.

If you want to still dob out your 'dollar'..then carry on being subservient to this Crap !

What an odd reply, that backs up the fact the player is interfering by blocking the keeper.
And that is what the VAR thought I presume.

On MOTD they felt the keeper wouldn't get there anyway.

No one really knows do they and that is part of the problem really.

Have to second guess.

What happened in the Wolves game yesterday, to me happens in every game. What was so different yesterday? Was it because it resulted in a goal? Was it the referees and VAR being their usual inconsistent selves?

Seem a mixed reaction from fans but the pundits on MOTD certainly seemed to think it was harsh.

Guess it depends if you think the keeper was impeded or not ?

Gary Lineker said there should be an appeals system .

How many would they have and want though ?

We could be there all day !

And doesn’t mean we would get the “right decision “ of course.

Still be down to the VAR and ref to make a decision subjectivity.
Wrong decision I think, but certainly not the worst decision ever or the worst decision against Wolves this season. The keeper would never have got to the header, so that's why I think it should be allowed, but the player was kind of trying to get in his way before the ball was even kicked in, so he sort of gave the officials ammunition to disallow it.

Wrong decision I think, but certainly not the worst decision ever or the worst decision against Wolves this season. The keeper would never have got to the header, so that's why I think it should be allowed, but the player was kind of trying to get in his way before the ball was even kicked in, so he sort of gave the officials ammunition to disallow it.

It certainly wasn’t a disgraceful decision or as outrageous as made out really .

i think the incident was hyped up as it was Wolves again who have had some rough calls and an injury time goal denied but again it’s all subjective.
You are right to say the ball was going away from the keeper and he would do well to get there

Last edited:
Why do incidents in Wolves games attract more hullabaloo on this Forum than those in Manchester United's, Manchester City's or come to think of it Hull City's, Partick Thistle's and Mansfield games ? Bloody weird .

;