Glasto

Radiohead are one of the few good things about what has become a middle class experience to tell your friends about.

Q magazine once had this thing where they asked rock stars to describe themselves in 5 words. Chrissie Hynde said " one hell of a lay". Beat that!

There's no middle ground with Radiohead, the Bends was an incredible album, OK Computer was a load of pretentious old wanc. Really showed last night, sat through hours of durge for 3 decent tunes at the end.

....you get what you want at Glasto...agree that the Festival has become more mainstream and has lost some of its charm...but if you forage enough you can avoid all the corporate influences. The place is still an incredibly well organised event which caters for most tastes in escapism and spiritual bonding. The heightened security and police presence has meant that you can't completely switch off as in the past...but then that is an unfortunate result of those fanatics who want to destroy our lives with their blind hatred!

Luckily the peace and love qualities still reign in this field in Pilton....

Glad I'm not the only Radiohead detractor. Mostly pretentious and self-indulgent.

And sing the words, must you mumble so?

Although I must add that Kid A is probably their only album I like.

....it's not just about the music and feeding bands egos like Radiohead and the like.....it is about the experiences and laughs...of which there isn't too much of these days!

....some people will always find a cynical angle and way to criticise, an easy thing to pull off!

Try some positive thinking and uplift your souls....blimey think some of the 'air' round here and happy hazes have been inhaled by myself!!

Radiohead - OK Computer was an amazing album and the only one of theirs I ever owned. The Bends has a few songs I also liked, Creep is still awesome. I watched parts of their set and I think they veer from being very good to being a bit dull, depending on what song they play.

Saw some Royal Blood earlier, not a band I have bought anything from but that was a great sounding set!

I have a few friends at the festival, they go every year and love it. Locally here, we get many of the helicopters carrying the bands down to Glastonbury fly overhead too. But I don't think I'd ever want to go, it's too big for me to cope with and the strange smell in the air would just make me want to puke!

Garbo - 24/6/2017 10:15

....it's not just about the music and feeding bands egos like Radiohead and the like.....it is about the experiences and laughs...of which there isn't too much of these days!

....some people will always find a cynical angle and way to criticise, an easy thing to pull off!

Try some positive thinking and uplift your souls....blimey think some of the 'air' round here and happy hazes have been inhaled by myself!!

Experiences? I last went 27 year ago, camped in the Peace and Love hippy field....got all my stuff nicked from the tent!

Was a good laugh tho

Music is very subjective as everyone has different tastes,which I respect,I don't like Radiohead,and expect most people on here would hate some of my music,but I never knock anyone who likes what I don't.

I expect ,a bit like football,it's better actually being there.

I don't really like big Stadium type gigs where you are miles from the stage ,so I would be at the smaller stages getting amongst it haha.

Monmouthred - 24/6/2017 08:38

I am here - Royal Blood, Alabama 3, Lorde and Dizzee Rascal ended up being a cracking day

Always one band in the day that absolutely smash it...looks like Royal Blood's year

;