Glasto

If he's all soundbites and no substance why are people convinced we're all doomed if he gets in? Surely that would mean he's more than just soundbites. Can't have it both ways.

Corbyn is the new Blair.

The most out of touch post of the close season.

'Strong and stable' is a policy not a soundbite ?
'No Deal is better than a Bad Deal' is meaningless and dangerous nonsense

SDD we are off topic on Glastonbury some of which is totally alien to me and some I enjoy.

In the first leadership campaign for the Labour party Corbyn was just an apologetic nod to the left against 3 same old same old Blair lookalikes. He was the anti establishment candidate repeating his love thy terrorist/hate Trident mantra that he had spouted for years except nobody listened. He won so they had another go with an equally weak candidate against a very well organised movement (I think it was called Militant back in the day).

Corbyn won again enter Mrs May's ego. No need for an election but as we had one it should have been one topic Brexit which apparently Corbyn supports. Massive own goal by the Tory party with their manifesto against Corbyn's unproven financially little red book backed by McClusky and very good marketing especially for the young vote. Heaven knows how we could have financed it but that is another story.

Across the pond the anti establishment candidate won and we will see how that pans out. Corbyn, in my view, says nothing new and is just a mouthpiece for his Marxist Chancellor in waiting (heaven forbid) and McClusky (was his election valid?) pulling the strings.

Blair was a very good marketeer, and look at the financial legacy he left, aided by the Banks and residual Thatcher policies, knew what to say but struggled to deliver. As it was and always will be so regardless of party in power.

Corbyn can't lose at the moment riding a wave of saying the right anti establishment sound bites but not a risk of having to deliver. Time will tell but within the Labour party one of the 2 sides will want to gain control at some time he has the benefit of Union support and history tells us etc...

Back to the music much more enjoyable than politics we have had our fill of that these past few weeks. I enjoyed Mr Gibb on the golden oldies slot. Strange to see the kids know all of the words, perhaps through their parents, but we struggle to know the words of their anthems. As it has always been in life and in music.

Tell us which politician says something new?

"well organised movement" - apparently not allowed if it brings the wrong result. "mouthpiece for Marxist Chancellor" - you really do keep contradicting yourself. One minute he's repeating his own mantra, the next he's speaking for someone else.

Much of what you say exists in your Tory Party too. Two sides battling over Europe or 'hard' or 'soft' Brexit. Theresa May u-turning on social care then pretending she hadn't.

Its politics whichever side you're on.

And Blair delivered to exactly those he intended.

Heaven knows how we could have financed it

HS2 contracts the latest policy to offshore jobs, profits, invetment in uk companies.
Nationalising railways to bring jobs and profits back to the uk.

Which is more credible as a better way forward for the uk ?

The enemy within and Blair were responsible for PFI which has left the legacy the young have to sort out from the greed is good generation.

May's personal priorities are fox hunting and grammar schools for the few at the time when article 50 should be the only show in town, and wasting £100M on a backbone implant election.
The chancellor and PM in waiting has been let out of the cellar, the austerity cuts to public services under the watch of the previous home secretary are coming back to haunt her.

Barry Gibb was bloody excellent. Though his policies on social care for the elderly are blatant nonsense

JIMNNINA - 25/6/2017 20:13

Corbyn is the new Blair.

The most out of touch post of the close season.

'Strong and stable' is a policy not a soundbite ?
'No Deal is better than a Bad Deal' is meaningless and dangerous nonsense

Coming from you sunbeam I'll take that as a compliment.

hba1 - 25/6/2017 20:21

SDD we are off topic on Glastonbury some of which is totally alien to me and some I enjoy.

In the first leadership campaign for the Labour party Corbyn was just an apologetic nod to the left against 3 same old same old Blair lookalikes. He was the anti establishment candidate repeating his love thy terrorist/hate Trident mantra that he had spouted for years except nobody listened. He won so they had another go with an equally weak candidate against a very well organised movement (I think it was called Militant back in the day).

Corbyn won again enter Mrs May's ego. No need for an election but as we had one it should have been one topic Brexit which apparently Corbyn supports. Massive own goal by the Tory party with their manifesto against Corbyn's unproven financially little red book backed by McClusky and very good marketing especially for the young vote. Heaven knows how we could have financed it but that is another story.

Across the pond the anti establishment candidate won and we will see how that pans out. Corbyn, in my view, says nothing new and is just a mouthpiece for his Marxist Chancellor in waiting (heaven forbid) and McClusky (was his election valid?) pulling the strings.

Blair was a very good marketeer, and look at the financial legacy he left, aided by the Banks and residual Thatcher policies, knew what to say but struggled to deliver. As it was and always will be so regardless of party in power.

Corbyn can't lose at the moment riding a wave of saying the right anti establishment sound bites but not a risk of having to deliver. Time will tell but within the Labour party one of the 2 sides will want to gain control at some time he has the benefit of Union support and history tells us etc...

Back to the music much more enjoyable than politics we have had our fill of that these past few weeks. I enjoyed Mr Gibb on the golden oldies slot. Strange to see the kids know all of the words, perhaps through their parents, but we struggle to know the words of their anthems. As it has always been in life and in music.

For those unfamiliar with him Ron is the Mike Read of local hospital broadcasting.

SlowDownDerek - 25/6/2017 19:29

If he's all soundbites and no substance why are people convinced we're all doomed if he gets in? Surely that would mean he's more than just soundbites. Can't have it both ways.

Look at some of his shadow cabinet. Will he stick with Abbot as Home Secretary? That thought is worrying, especially after interviews she gave.

I don't vote Tory either. From years of watching various governments running this country, they are all as bad as each other.

billythekid - 25/6/2017 23:41

SlowDownDerek - 25/6/2017 19:29

Look at some of his shadow cabinet. Will he stick with Abbot as Home Secretary? That thought is worrying, especially after interviews she gave.

I don't vote Tory either. From years of watching various governments running this country, they are all as bad as each other.

I personally don't think Abbot is up to the job of home secretary but I do think she was probably unwell too - that is how she came across to me during those interviews.

Agree on the other point - in fact I dare say that is one of the things that most of us can agree on. All politicians sweep in with promises to solve all the worlds problems and none of them ever do. Blair, Bush, Obama, Cameron, Trump, Corbyn - none of them fully deliver on their promises and more fool the people that believe they will.

I just think it's very sad that we end up discussing politics on a thread about Glastonbury.
All politicians look like complete tossers when trying to impress and be cool (whatever that is) when attending such events.

:sad:

;