Good news. Bolton takeover.

Our luck certainly changed big time when Max came on board, up till then we hadn't had much luck at all.

On the contrary, we were lucky enough to survive 20 years of financial shitstorms and came out the other side.

There was one hell of a lot of luck involved there.

Including getting that administrator who was a Palace fan.

Aren't we a little like Bolton though? Up into the promised land and building up a huge debt on the playing side which, if we go down, would be unsustainable.

As dependent on our PL status to keep to from falling apart financially as they were.

Isn’t that where big name sales like a Wilson, Ake, Brooks, Lerma, Fraser, Solanke, King etc would cover us or am I being naive if that situation was to ever arise

If we got relegated would they be all that in demand? Sure, some may be interested whilst we're solid mid-table material but a bad season or two and how much would they be worth and how many takers would there be?

How many clubs going down have reduced their debts with a sell of players for large profits? Not many I'd hazard a guess.

If we got relegated would they be all that in demand? Sure, some may be interested whilst we're solid mid-table material but a bad season or two and how much would they be worth and how many takers would there be?

How many clubs going down have reduced their debts with a sell of players for large profits? Not many I'd hazard a guess.
In some respects it is easy to bring up the Gartside closed shop idea and think that Bolton deserve all they get. That was never the genuine Bolton supporters idea and none of this is their fault. Hope it all works out for them.

On the contrary, we were lucky enough to survive 20 years of financial shitstorms and came out the other side.

There was one hell of a lot of luck involved there.

Including getting that administrator who was a Palace fan.
Kinda meant we were unlucky in respect of the people who took us over and had no money or cluehow to run a football club.

Kinda meant we were unlucky in respect of the people who took us over and had no money or cluehow to run a football club.
From what I've seen of our own club and others over the years, Max is one in a million.

The vast majority of club owners, or potential owners are egotists, fantasists, shysters or villains.

Or in some cases, all four.

...good luck to Bolton Wanderers, too much a part of our wider footballing history to be extinct...hope that they survive.

We indeed have been lucky, but football survival is a fragile business dependent on money men to 'invest' in clubs...our rise has been due to many rolling up their collective sleeves and coming through the dark times and finding a Millionaires row benefactor of course!

In some respects it is easy to bring up the Gartside closed shop idea and think that Bolton deserve all they get. That was never the genuine Bolton supporters idea and none of this is their fault. Hope it all works out for them.

True, I've slated the club rather than the man over this in the past, but yeah the only people who actually get punished are the fans and as we well know that's what really sucks

Whilst Gartside was still involved, their decline was slightly amusing.
He's long since gone though, run away as he has from a mess significantly of his making. Leaving the hardcore of their fans to pick-up the pieces and suffer through this pain.

Whilst Gartside was still involved, their decline was slightly amusing.
He's long since gone though, run away as he has from a mess significantly of his making. Leaving the hardcore of their fans to pick-up the pieces and suffer through this pain.
Not so sure he just ran away NSM. I'm pretty sure he has passed away.

If the stadium has been safe for 20 or so games this season, why is it considered no longer safe?

Or is it Mr Jobsworth at work?

Not sure. Maybe until after the court appearance they can't guarantee safety officers will be paid and so can't register them. I'm guessing something like that.

An all out strike by players and fans about the way thing are run ..throughout English football including the Awful PL! Im up for that ...just for three weeks or so on behalf of Bolton fans! Oh yes! Only another break....thats ok innit?

Someone mentioned We could end up back in financial trouble....there is Absolutley No doubt about that Whatsoever...nailed on....only a matter of time!

If the stadium has been safe for 20 or so games this season, why is it considered no longer safe?

Could be wrong, but I thought the problem was that they couldn't guarantee that the Old Bill and stewards would get paid.

Thus nullifying the conditions of the safety certificate

I set my own bars.....precisely to stay happy....insurance!
The end of the Bond Era.....taught me the best way to be....the end of the Harry Era enforced it.....visualise the worst....then anything is endurable!

Ive tried the positive visualisation of Stadiums......!

;