Harry Redknapp

I think harry has done a lot for this club so surprised at the stick he gets. He did get a big pay off but wasn’t that a contractural sum owed?
True. It was a contractual sum owed. However, one may also think that Harry is not exactly short of a few 'bob'. Perhaps he could have wavered half of that to stop our club struggling for cash. But it was his choice I suppose.

True. It was a contractual sum owed. However, one may also think that Harry is not exactly short of a few 'bob'. Perhaps he could have wavered half of that to stop our club struggling for cash. But it was his choice I suppose.
Harry was definitely struggling for a living a few years before when at Oxford city and then Webb gave him a coaching role. Didnt begrudge him tbh given what he did with our skint club

I’m with you. Backdrop to being a kid for some of us and we loved it.
I'll always have affection for Harry. The upset felt by this 18 year old was very real when he left. Sometimes I watched them train on Kings Park. "Alright Son" Harry once said with a wink. To bloody right I was "alright"! I felt 10 ft tall. The following Saturday, no one sang 'we've got 'Arry Redknapp on the bench' louder than me. Gerry Peyton wasn't quite so convivial. He told me to 'Eff off from behind his goal'. Different times. Great times.

He was at an event where my boy was playing last season. We were leaving and in a bit of a rush, he was staying to chat to everyone, but saw my boy wanted a photo and ‘arry came over and we chatted. A while later because he kept talking about afcb we were able to leave. :hehe:

;