Have Afcb reached their peak?

You can ask that of any team...only Man City and Liverpool vying for the Peak this season...and they were expected to!
When we came up....I would have taken the Peak to mean staying up any which way for 5 to 10 seasons!...If we crack that then we can aim further..that will do me! If we start worrying about this being a Peak we tempt fate to slide off it. Something like that!

Exactly this, Bill!

At the start of the first season in the Championship, myself and a colleague who is also a season ticket holder were asked what we hoped for the coming season. We both replied that 1 place above the relegation zone would be a good season!

Now here we are, dining at the top table - let's enjoy it whilst it lasts!

Smhinto it’s obvious you are always on the wind up, sad really.

We’ve had our best start to a premier league season ever, made some excellent signings in Lerma and Brooks, we’ve just played Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City and Arsenal as well as tough games away at Newcastle and Wolves. Callum Wilson is knocking them in for fun, We are probably about 13 points off safety with 21 games left (3 points off the top 6). I’d say rose tinted spectacles aren’t needed at all when you look at the facts.

I bid you a lovely evening.
I was not talking about this years performance but looking into the future when without more backing from the board with new training ground, new stadium and furher team investments I cannot see that Afcb will leave a legacy of their time in the Premiership and Eddie will become disenchanted

I was not talking about this years performance but looking into the future when without more backing from the board with new training ground, new stadium and furher team investments I cannot see that Afcb will leave a legacy of their time in the Premiership and Eddie will become disenchanted
Then we'll be back to 2-3k crowds.

You've got your legacy now. Some of the best football we've ever played has been served up in the last few years.

There's still a long way to go in the season still, but I also know there will be plenty of seasons when we don't challenge for 7th place (I'm assuming that it's highly likely that both EFL and FA cups are won by top 5 teams). But as long as we stay in the Premier League, which I am confident we will this season, then we get another chance to recruit and go again next year.

It's not a big complaint because we have to play everyone anyway at some point, but I think we got an unfortunate fixture list this season with lots of top club fixtures in quick succession, which has really squashed our early form and confidence and not given it a chance to pick back up. The tail end of the season looks a bit more favourable.

We've got some squad issues sure, but I don't think they are unsolvable with a couple of good signings and more nurturing of our current players. Personally, beyond potentially a good match out in Europe, I think the allusive semi-final in EFL or preferably FA cup is what we should be going for over 7th place at the moment.

I assume you must be an escapee from the Echo forum where there are still idiots on there accusing each of other of having multiple accounts. I would suggest you take yourself back there. I find this a sensible forum where one can exchange views and receive a reasonably sensible answer in most cases bar the odd one or two of course.
Look at my post count and draw your own conclusions.......like most things though you’ll no doubt get that wrong :Fingers:

I wonder which bright spark is going to say "Eddie has taken the club as far as he can".

I will. After 10 games is the measure of the table. EH's stock was very high. 5th. Looking great.

A few blips we are 10th.

6th is the very best we can ever expect after 10 games in the PL..Brilliant stuff.

I'm making the most of the great football being produced at the moment as Rob says, because I don't believe it will last very long, especially when eddie goes. For those things to happen the board or who ever is running this club must be in it for the long term, which I'm not sure they are at the moment or sell it to some one who is really going to invest and take our club forward, if they were do that we might just keep our manager for the next few years.

Look at my post count and draw your own conclusions.......like most things though you’ll no doubt get that wrong :Fingers:
It's gotten to the point that I can keep this guy on ignore and still figure out the conversation ... he is that redundant. His posts are repetitive, his attitude stinks, and he is lazy ..... gets game locations wrong, makes predictions that we will be close to 5 points from the drop without doing any research, misspells name ... on and on.

It's gotten to the point that I can keep this guy on ignore and still figure out the conversation ... he is that redundant. His posts are repetitive, his attitude stinks, and he is lazy ..... gets game locations wrong, makes predictions that we will be close to 5 points from the drop without doing any research, misspells name ... on and on.

I think you may be missing the point.

As the days go by I'm warming to him more and more.

This bloke is just a new version of redblood, it wouldn't surprise me if he's not been created by the mods to up the daily post count.

I think you may be missing the point.

As the days go by I'm warming to him more and more.

This bloke is just a new version of redblood, it wouldn't surprise me if he's not been created by the mods to up the daily post count.
An al gard sock perhaps all employed by DJ to up ad revenue. Sneaky sods ain't they.

A very reasonable overview of reality and realism. Now you will get hauled over the coals by the Rose Tinted Spectacle Brigade for having the effrontery to say things as they are.
You were either born a complete twunt or you evolved into one, either way you’re a twunt.

Just having the effrontery to say things as they are.

Good evening to you.

I will. After 10 games is the measure of the table. EH's stock was very high. 5th. Looking great.

A few blips we are 10th.

6th is the very best we can ever expect after 10 games in the PL..Brilliant stuff.
I was confused by the comment that the best we could do was 6th when it was stated that we had already reached 5th. But, best we got was 6th, I believe, and that is indeed brilliant stuff.

Why all the big words, especially spelled so poorly, it really undermines the intellectual superiority being aimed for

;