He’s gone non

Let’s just assume I am, for speed of debate, am I wrong then?
Well of course you are. None of the other parties are in a position to waste taxpayers money or give contracts to their mates. None of them are in a position to run the country with such incompetence or promote their mates to cabinet positions. You're just making an assumption here that can't be proved while they're not in power.

Because it’s politicians of all parties that are guilty of this not just one.
Ah look a squirrel or maybe a koala.

Default tactic is divert and point out the scapegoat.

The distraction doesnt work as Politicians of other parties have resigned or been persuaded to stand down. Cronyism corrupts absolute cronyism corrupts absolutely.

Well of course you are. None of the other parties are in a position to waste taxpayers money or give contracts to their mates. None of them are in a position to run the country with such incompetence or promote their mates to cabinet positions. You're just making an assumption here that can't be proved while they're not in power.

I wasn’t making an assumption I was making a very general point on when it comes to voting and why the things you said don’t just refer to Tory candidates.

I wasn’t making an assumption I was making a very general point on when it comes to voting and why the things you said don’t just refer to Tory candidates.
I'm talking about an entire government and I can't see what crimes they have to commit for the gullible not to vote for them.

That's another point. Every other party leader has sacked or disciplined members who have stepped out of line. Johnson has shown us what a weak leader he is by brushing it all under the carpet.

Indeed, but they all end up coming back into the fold once the desired period of time has elapsed. Hence my general point of voter apathy towards these events.

True. Hence how I phrased my post.

However, it seems to be getting worse. Since the LIb Dem election lie of 'we will abolish tuition fees when in Government' and then immediately tripling those very same fees, standards have been sliding downwards.

True. Hence how I phrased my post.

However, it seems to be getting worse. Since the LIb Dem election lie of 'we will abolish tuition fees when in Government' and then immediately tripling those very same fees, standards have been sliding downwards.

At risk of going off on a tangent here. But I was voting Lib Dem back then and liked Clegg. I had great sympathy for the student fees wrangle. They weren’t in govt obviously they were in coalition.

They prioritised other things like raising the bar on when taxation kicks in and of course they tried to get reform on voting. Which could have been a big win for them.

At risk of going off on a tangent here. But I was voting Lib Dem back then and liked Clegg. I had great sympathy for the student fees wrangle. They weren’t in govt obviously they were in coalition.

They prioritised other things like raising the bar on when taxation kicks in and of course they tried to get reform on voting. Which could have been a big win for them.
i voted for them too and regretted it ever since.

i voted for them too and regretted it ever since.

It was the worst thing that could have happened to them long term. They of course knew that but the vast majority of politicians only care about their own personal short term gain.

Probably a good number of voters don’t have much time or trust for politicians, whichever party they represent.

Not going to vote? You're not alone. The reasons vary - cynicism, feeling powerless, feeling uninformed - but across the UK, almost a third of the electorate didn't use their right to choose their MP in the last few elections.

General Election 2019: The untapped influence of the non-voter

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50393317

Low turnout
In total there were 287 constituencies (44% of the UK’s 650 constituencies) in which turnout was less than two-thirds of the electorate. This was an increase on the 211 constituencies (32%) where this was the case at the 2017 Election.

As shown in the map below, low-turnout constituencies in 2019 tended to be clustered in certain areas such as urban northern England, the West Midlands metro area, the Thames Estuary, the South Wales Valleys, the Scottish central belt and Northern Ireland.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/general-election-2019-turnout/

My in laws were staunch Lib Dem and they told me that Clegg definitely wanted to abolish tuition fees but was overruled by the rest of the Lib Dem’s. At the time I thought it was a shame as they were actually beginning to show signs of being a proper third option

The truely mucky history of UK politics:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_scandals_in_the_United_Kingdom#2000s

Shame its not broken down into political affiliation though; the Tories would win by a country mile.

Here in the family Ghost we have first hand knowledge of the ruthless side of the Tories.

Many years ago we became friends with a then cabinet minister's ex wife.

She moved to the area to start a new life.
Sorry, no names.

The years leading up to her divorce would make you weep, she was married to a serial adulterer who the party protected and covered for all the way through. and then tried to destroy her during and after the divorce.

Really vile stuff, coming from or approved by Tory central office.

I worry Hancock's wife will go through similar if the party wants to 'rehabilitate' Hancock.

My in laws were staunch Lib Dem and they told me that Clegg definitely wanted to abolish tuition fees but was overruled by the rest of the Lib Dem’s.

Liars.jpg

I would be doubtful about that. Clegg negotiated the coalition deal with Cameron. It is more likely the other way around that he persuaded the rest of the party as a condition of entering government.

There were even many suggestions that Clegg was planning not to honour the pledge even before the election e.g.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...dent-tuition-fees-pledge-MONTHS-election.html

Simon Wright (Norwich South) was one of the one-term Lib Dems elected in seats with large numbers of students.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/deborahmcgurran/2010/11/simon_wright_in_a_corner_on_tu.html

Wright was given dispensation by Clegg to abstain on the issue in the Commons vote (they had enough votes anyway). It did not save Wright and many other Lib Dems. They lost their seats in 2015.

The Guardian endorsed the Lib Dems for the 2010 election and it cost them, at a conservative estimate, 100,000 student readers as well as the trust of many others.

Remember too that it wasn't just a policy tucked away in the corner of the manifesto, it was a high profile pledge.

Last edited:
Some articles are questioning why there was a camera in his office and why security didn't pick it up. Don't know where the snog took place so can't comment. Also saying that whoever leaked the image may have broken the Official Secrets Act. Media bullsh*t or an element of truth?

Some articles are questioning why there was a camera in his office and why security didn't pick it up. Don't know where the snog took place so can't comment. Also saying that whoever leaked the image may have broken the Official Secrets Act. Media bullsh*t or an element of truth?

It’s arguably the bigger story but less erm “sexy” :sick:

If he can be recorded and The Sun can get hold of it, then what are Russia, China et al watching with their popcorn?

;