Home matches / points

The biggest percentage of no shows is ST holders. The club analyse these on a regular basis (empty seats are no good for anyone) but you can't force people to come.

The re-sale platform is a big step forward but it will take a while for people to adopt it.

The ticket exchange site is a big step forward, but as you say it’s going to take a while for people to adopt it by both selling and purchasing. Especially when it hasn’t been promoted at all. Just one article when it was launched and that was it.

I don’t completely buy into the season ticket holders are the biggest no shows though? Quite visibly on television the areas with most empty seats are blocks 1 and 2?

I don’t completely buy into the season ticket holders are the biggest no shows though? Quite visibly on television the areas with most empty seats are blocks 1 and 2?

I think they've stuck family and sponsors in block 1 this year. Block 2 I'm sure is mostly ST holders with a scattering of points holders.

I think they've stuck family and sponsors in block 1 this year.

So comps.

I guess technically there may well be more season ticket holders scattered around all 4 stands that are no shows, but by percentage of area it looks far more sparse in that section than any other.

Edit to add - this is completely understandable, frustrating, but understandable. You just have to look at Wembley for any game to see how these sections suffer.

I think they've stuck family and sponsors in block 1 this year. Block 2 I'm sure is mostly ST holders with a scattering of points holders.
Block 2 has a fair few corporate seats. You have to wait for them to take their seats usually after ko, you often have 'away' fans quite noticeably celebrating goals. But, the cherries around them, do dish out some stick too.

Yeah comps used to be block 30 with block 1 being family stand. As families moved out of Block 1 they apparently struggled to fill it. They then realised it was the most prominent stand on TV and looked empty so moved comps to block 1 in an attempt to look more full.

Usually plenty of seats not filled in south stand - and in good areas, middle towards back. Thats not season ticket holders by definition

Not seen it advertised before (may have just missed it), but it seems you can get home point by going to the ladies game this weekend

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230410_221532_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20230410_221532_Twitter.jpg
    995.5 KB · Views: 24
Yes, all of them.

Thanks DJ, I meant the 2 women's and 3 development matches mentioned above. I should have been more clear. I can't see those, unless I'm missing something?

Thanks DJ, I meant the 2 women's and 3 development matches mentioned above. I should have been more clear. I can't see those, unless I'm missing something?

No problem, no dates for those as far as I’ve seen. So first port of call for 2 early points are the friendlies.

I got my WH ticket about an hour ago but there were very few available in the Ted Mac. Can't remember it ever being that poor a selection on the first on-sale day.

What has probably happened is that the club has significantly reduced the number of tickets available to points holders. That frees up the number available to sell to people with at least one home point on Cherry Tuesday.

I can see the point of that, they want to increase the pool of people who go to games. That has two benefits: newbies (for want of a better word) probably spend more per match in the shops and bars; and it acts as proof of concept for investment in a new, larger, stadium.

But it is a bit rough on people who go regularly but don’t have a season ticket.

Last edited:
Yes they have really put the boot into top tier points holders which is totally out of order.

From what I'm hearing very little choice available within an hour of going on sale.

;