How long does GON have?

when Newcastle inevitably go one or two nil up, should we not all just sing "Gary, what's the score? Gary, Gary, what's the score?".

I did see a tweet as well where it mentioned that this weekend's fixture might be the first in history where the visiting manager gets a better reception than the home one!!

Yes there have been a few.

Terry Connor
Alan Shearer
Gianluca Vialli
Steve Kean
Gareth Southgate
Attilo Lombardo
Wow. That list should have been reason enough not to appoint GON in the first place. All (edit - thanks Derek - except Vialli) resounding failures (as managers in prem league) I think

Last edited:
Since the WC break
1 draw 7 losses. 3 goals for, 16 goals against GD -13, out of both cups, in the relegation places

Before the break, it we had back to back wins against Everton, but remember before that was loss to Leeds, loss to Spurs, loss to west ham, loss to southampton.

Maybe results are judged differently in "soccer"

Since the WC break
1 draw 7 losses. 3 goals for, 16 goals against GD -13, out of both cups, in the relegation places

Before the break, it we had back to back wins against Everton, but remember before that was loss to Leeds, loss to Spurs, loss to west ham, loss to southampton.

Maybe results are judged differently in "soccer"
And even the draw felt like a defeat!

That might suggest it's Bielsa but it's a hell of a risk to take. Potentially under GON we could lose the next 17 games and I imagine the atmosphere in the dressing room would be toxic by then. The better players aren't going to want to play for a club that's been happy to take them down to the Championship, I don't think that's going to be good for either their egos or their CVs. So, I'm still getting up in the mornings hoping GON has gone and a great new manager (who I've never heard of) has been appointed.

Youre right, a big part of the job will be overseeing the new training ground and for that reason if for nothing else I think Bielsa looks a good fit.
I also think a season in the Championship where it’s between AFCB and them up the road for title favourites would be a great laugh

No from moi.

He seems impressed with the paths taken by Gerrard, Rooney and Lampard. IMO all of them should have started way way down in the lower leagues, not getting a toe-in based on their playing reputations.
Ditto. He needs to serve his apprenticeship in the lower leagues. I'll be surprised if clubs in the Prem will gamble on ex international rookie managers from now on.

It would be nice to hear something from the new Chairman and the board about the present train wreck of a season? The longer this mess continues without any communication to the fan base is not a good look for them, or are they so embarrassed by the mess they are hiding in Tilly Whim Caves ?

When is the vote of confidence for the manager coming or a the inevitable taxi ?

;