How Sunday will pan out.....

Not what I think will actually happen but just to make conversation...

Villa know they just need to match Watford’s result. Watford know they have to better Villa’s result. First scenario is if one of these sides goes a couple of goals down early the other doesn’t chase the game and ‘settles’ for a 1-0 defeat to avoid ruining their GD.

The 2nd scenario is both teams desperately chase the game to get the goal they think will keep them up. In doing so they leave themselves open and throw the game away.

This only works if we are considered already down. So we’d need to be 1-0 down after 89mins and hit 2 quick goals in injury time!
...well we have hit Everton in injury time before..

Any chance of staying up has been blown by our poor start to the re-start. The palace, Newcastle and wolves games sealed our fate. Followed by the tactical shambles against Southampton. Nothing worse than having to rely on other teams results. Other teams results won't come into though, Everton will beat us. I believe it will be us and Watford going down. We came up together, we go down together
Quite shocking to think how comfortable we‘d now be if we‘d managed to get something out of those games. The somnambulant start really put our backs against the wall and by any measure it was totally unnecessary, only ourselves to blame !!!

Last edited:
...well we have hit Everton in injury time before..

Can you imagine the agony of a season saving goal in injury time having to go through all the VAR checks....

Meanwhile in VAR control “Hello is that Mr Hoffman? Bournemouth have just scored an injury time goal which will keep them up, what should we do? Ok, got it, penalty to Everton it is....”

Any chance of staying up has been blown by our poor start to the re-start. The palace, Newcastle and wolves games sealed our fate. Followed by the tactical shambles against Southampton. Nothing worse than having to rely on other teams results. Other teams results won't come into though, Everton will beat us. I believe it will be us and Watford going down. We came up together, we go down together
But they have been down and up again I think

dont care about the other results but think eddie will set up to spend the whole game playing it around side ways and back wards in the hope to not concede and then 5 mins from the end we give it away and Everton school

...ticker tape...

Goal Arsenal 1 Watford 0 (Lacazette 8)
Goal Everton 1 Bournemouth 0 (Walcott 12)
Goal West Ham 1 Aston Villa 0 (Noble pen 26)
Goal West Ham 2 Aston Villa 0 (Antonio 44)
HT Arsenal 1 Watford 0
HT Everton 1 Bournemouth 0
HT West Ham 2 Aston Villa 0

Red Card Arsenal 1 Watford 0 (Capoue 55)
Goal West Ham 2 Aston Villa 1 (Grealish 62)
Goal Everton 1 Bournemouth 1 (King 65)
Goal Arsenal 2 Watford 0 (Aubameyang 70)
Goal West Ham 2 Aston Villa 2 (Konsa 74)
Goal Arsenal 3 Watford 0 (Aubameyang 77)
Goal Everton 1 Bournemouth 2 (Gosling 79)
Goal Everton 1 Bournemouth 3 (Brooks 82)
Goal West Ham 3 Aston Villa 2 (Halle 89)
Red CardWest Ham 3 Aston Villa 2 (Mings 90)

FT Arsenal 3 Watford 0
FT West Ham 3 Aston Villa 2
Goal Everton 2 Bournemouth 3 (Keane 92)
FT Everton 2 Bournemouth 3

Aston Villa and Watford are Relegated

IF CARLSBERG DID LAST DAY MATCHES!

thank you

josh king would need to be drinking Heineken for him to score a non penalty goal.

Quite shocking to think how comfortable we‘d now be if we‘d managed to get something out of those games. The somnambulant start really put our backs against the wall and by any measure it was totally unnecessary, only ourselves to blame !!!

needed the fixtures in reverse - palace and Newcastle going through the motions now

Forgive me if already known, I haven’t seen anything: Is there any information of what channel, if any, our game will be shown on Sunday yet? All games at the same time, I guess they can't all be televised? But I would guess ours as a relegation involved game has a fair chance.

Forgive me if already known, I haven’t seen anything: Is there any information of what channel, if any, our game will be shown on Sunday yet? All games at the same time, I guess they can't all be televised? But I would guess ours as a relegation involved game has a fair chance.
Bound to be a red-button option to show all the games.

I hate red-button games though as they always seem to be in standard definition which looks ghastly on modern TV’s

NBC sports show all our games, good quality too.

So the game kicks off at 3am NZ time. Bearing in mind how this season and particularly since the restart has gone what should I do?

1) Wake up at 3am and watch the game so I can keep an eye on other scores
2) Wait till the morning and watch it on catch-up, but can then only watch our game as don't want to ruin the score. (This is what I've done most of the season).
3) Just presume it will be as bad as most of the season and just look at the forum\BBC for the score to see we're relegated (Or not...) when I wake up.

Villa will be 2 up at HT and we'll be 2 down. Watford will be 0-0 and it will end that way.

It looks like sky are showing games on 7 different HD channels

You're spot on in that survival would only mean doing all this again next season. We've got players leaving even if we stay up, players that need to be moved on, and we've got raw players still developing. We would not be magically better next season in the PL.

The huge financial benefits of survival aside....If we could somehow magically guarantee relegation followed by promotion, that would be the ideal for the development of Stacey, Kelly, Ramsdale, Travers, Surridge, Solanke et all. Of course that's not how football works.
And it does happen . I’m pretty confident we could bounce back up

;