Howe

This...after a decent effort at Anfield in the last pre- Covid game.
The players were not fit enough or prepared enough. That's a management issue ...and not even coaching really... Big difference....and that is why Roy got the better of Eddie.

Howe should have gone after the Watford home defeat. I said that at the time, and even months before then, and suggested getting in Pulis to save us from relegation.

They were so off the pace last night, that it will take half a dozen games to get up to pace, and then we would have run out of games to put matters right. So it will be relegation. This was like watching a repeat of the Norwich v Scummers game last Wendesday, when Norwich too were far off the pace and got slaughtered.

Of course, those who supported Howe and told me that we should given him another chance back in January because he had so many injuries, well that was answered last night when we started our strongest possible side and we still got nowhere.

The club has enough talented players to stay up, unfortunately Howe can no longer get those talented players to play as a team, which is why he must go now, and let Pulis in to shore up the defence and grind out the points. It will not be pretty, but the financial impact of relegation on this bankrupt club will destroy everything.

Well, I've read all of this thread and can only come to one conclusion.

Our manager is in trouble.

He seems to have gone from being "Eddie" to being "Howe".

Funny old world.

Much the same happened to Wee Man, sorry, Fraser.

Pulis is local get him in to help Eddie for the last 8 games, stop the goals against is our only hope, we cannot score 1 let alone 3 every game.

Going down this season will annoy me more than if we had gone down the first or second.

We played football our way, stuck with mainly the league one/championship players that took us here - if we went down we gave it a good shot.

Since then we have spent good money on a lot of rubbish and at the same time declined further and further into a boring predictable team. I definitely don't want these types as managers as I know we can play better, but Allardyce or Pulis brands of football is no worse than we've been dishing out the last season and a half.

This season has just been a disappointment and could have been seen (and avoided) a mile away before it became this desperate.

Sad ending.

If you look back to all our managers, who would you identify out of that list that could be good managers in their time at Dean Court?

Going back to the early ‘70’s and the John Bond era, looked at his replacements after.

Usually took a time to find a decent replacement after one of the better managers left.

After JB, Harry and Mel and SOD up to Eddie 1 & 2.

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=359&teamTabs=managers
Dave Webb did alright for us

It’s common leadership theory that your greatest strength is also your greatest weakness. The world’s greatest leaders in all fields find a way to overcome their strengths becoming their weakness.

Eddie is clearly stubborn. He put together a style of football years ago that everybody said wouldnt work in the championship and he refused to listen or change. By bucking the trend and ignoring everyone, even after two consecutive five goal defeats, he produced the best side the championship had ever seen.

Moving up to the prem all the experts pointed out that he would have to change. He ignored them completely and that side continued to play a style of football suicide that was a joy to watch, took some hammerings for sure, but comfortably stayed in the league providing huge entertainment. Every expert advice ignored.

After three years of blitzkreig football and the goals against column bleeding Eddie decided an evolution was needed. He wanted to protect his back four by sitting deeper and crucially not using his full backs as second wingers. It started well for half a season because teams set up against us expecting the old Bournemouth and were caught out. By the second time they played us they had it sussed probably delighted as we had become a far easier team to play against as we had self nullified our key strength.

No longer attacking sides means our defence is under constant pressure and even bang average sides beat us comfortably something that didn’t happen often in our first few seasons. Once again the experts are seeing the issue and calling it. We can all see it. You can see the players can see it. Eddie remains as stubborn as ever, hence not changing in three months of down time. As he has assembled what I would imagine to be an unchallenging coaching team you wonder if they have the ability to question it.

Does Eddie deserve a chance if we go down... yes in my book as he is proven at that level and look what he did for us.... you deserve a bad year or two after that. People should show more respect. I don’t think he will want to stay though and that’s the bigger problem for us as a club as we haven’t the infrastructure to recreate what was a magical stubborn fluke. We shouldn’t get above ourselves. We are built on one man.
:clap: well said.

Thankfully there is no statue of Eddie outside of the stadium, as was once mooted when we were promoted, as I suspect the very very small minority on here might be getting their ropes ready...

How much of the match were we just passing the ball across the half-way line and back with little or no movement up front to inspire a forward pass and set up a decent attack? Potentially, we seem to think, we have a good enough squad to cause trouble to our opponents, but no it never looks likely to happen. Another performance like that and we're doomed!

How much of the match were we just passing the ball across the half-way line and back with little or no movement up front to inspire a forward pass and set up a decent attack? Potentially, we seem to think, we have a good enough squad to cause trouble to our opponents, but no it never looks likely to happen. Another performance like that and we're doomed!

Trouble is , we keep saying how good the squad is and we’re too good to go down , yet we look completely off of what is required in terms of abillity and desire .

Trouble is that we are trying to stay up with only 4 proper PL standard players in our team...Rambo...Ake....Lerma and Brooks!

King,Solanke, both Wilsons and both Cooks are overrated...players like Stacey and Danjuma are still raw talent...

combine that with Eddies tactics and we are shot

;