I think it’s probably safe

Ok Neil. Here's a question for you. Was JT not up to it or is it the players that aren't?
Increasingly I think the squad needs a massive shake up and think Woodgate is nuts to take up the poisoned chalice

..... for me to come back. Slightly less people to hurl abuse at me and my kids online for suggesting Blake is clueless and JT not up to the job. ;)

No, seriously, it’s too interesting at the moment to not be on here with all the developments and looking in as an outsider yesterday made me realise I curiously missed you all.

Anyway, the head clown at the circus has stopped the acrobats from looking after the lions and given it to the human cannon ball. Meanwhile the lion tamer might crop up at Palace. It’s never dull supporting the club we love...

How’ve you all been keeping?

Good to have you back Neil. Let me be the first to say that I completely disagree with what you've said even though I don't understand most of it. :love1:

Yeah..great for you to feel the need to return...we need all the knowledge we can get...Good Football Brain Alert !
I might do some learning once again !

Its paradise on the Forum now....expectation levels having taken some broadsides of late !

It's funny enough when someone announces their departure with great fanfare...its even funnier when they announce their return. Ive been on holidays longer than your self declared exile...I didnt feel the need to announce it either side :p

But yeah...great to have you back ND :love1:

Ok Neil. Here's a question for you. Was JT not up to it or is it the players that aren't?
Increasingly I think the squad needs a massive shake up and think Woodgate is nuts to take up the poisoned chalice

To answer your questions in turn.

I never thought JT was up to it as was well documented. A good number two maybe but clearly lacked the presence and intelligence for the main role.

The players are more than good enough technically but are now mentally shot with a morale and unity issue. That doesn’t mean they aren’t good enough to go up had they had the right man at the helm. David Brooks is a perfect example. He has been distinctly average at best this year but we all know that he is an excellent player who with the right guidance would tear this division apart.

The squad does need a massive shake up mentally and the same head of recruitment that hasn’t found a manager in a year has also managed to add two central midfielders to our strongest department while ignoring the striker and left back we needed.

it is a poisoned chalice for Woodgate but as an unemployed manager who failed badly in his first job it’s also a golden opportunity.

It's funny enough when someone announces their departure with great fanfare...its even funnier when they announce their return. Ive been on holidays longer than your self declared exile...I didnt feel the need to announce it either side :p

But yeah...great to have you back ND :love1:
I’d love to have your holiday money.... and thanks... :wub:

Welcome home. Good to have a poster that presents a reasoned point of view that can be debated without resorting to insults. Let’s give Woody a chance and remember he was not responsible for recruiting this squad. A number of whom are not suited to the high tempo quick passing football many of us so enjoyed with our Championship winning side.

Welcome home. Good to have a poster that presents a reasoned point of view that can be debated without resorting to insults. Let’s give Woody a chance and remember he was not responsible for recruiting this squad. A number of whom are not suited to the high tempo quick passing football many of us so enjoyed with our Championship winning side.
I’ve got every sympathy for Woody who, while he wouldn’t have been my choice, has been excellent in the media and apart from yesterday has seemed tactically sound. Let’s see how it pans out.

I never thought JT was up to it as was well documented. A good number two maybe but clearly lacked the presence and intelligence for the main role.

The players are more than good enough technically but are now mentally shot with a morale and unity issue. That doesn’t mean they aren’t good enough to go up had they had the right man at the helm. David Brooks is a perfect example. He has been distinctly average at best this year but we all know that he is an excellent player who with the right guidance would tear this division apart.

The squad does need a massive shake up mentally and the same head of recruitment that hasn’t found a manager in a year has also managed to add two central midfielders to our strongest department while ignoring the striker and left back we needed.

it is a poisoned chalice for Woodgate but as an unemployed manager who failed badly in his first job it’s also a golden opportunity.

just one question from me, was the interview process v2.0 robust enough for you this time? :rofl:

just one question from me, was the interview process v2.0 robust enough for you this time? :rofl:
Who knows. Probably not. If they spent their time hoping to be seen knocking around Sandbanks with Henry or Viera rather than looking at people with a proven record or people doing well in Europe that might actually come then no.

Welcome back Neil. I've really enjoyed your BOTN interviews. JT was out of his depth thrown in at the deep end and Blake is showing the same traits. Somehow he seems to avoid the headlights shining on him! At least you spell Neil properly!

Great comeback post Neil...bang on the stuff..or the stiffs haha..but with regard to guidance ref Brooksy..nah..Brooksy with that talent doesn't need guidance..he guides himself, like G.Best did ( well on the field at least ) ! Being ' guided ' means taking too much notice in ' training'.. you either ' have it' or you ain't got ' it ' !

;