Injury ‘crisis’ and team selection

blandford_cherry

UTC Legend
Chelsea may well have to pick itself. I don’t think we’ve had such a large injury crisis in the premier league, it’s been bad but not this bad. Would like to see Stacey at right back and Francis in the middle with Mepham to avoid starting with Simpson.

Lewis Cook did no harm today when he tried to feed through intelligent balls, Fraser needs to be dropped without question and Billing can make way as well.

Ramsdale

Rico
Mepham
Francis
Stacey

Danjuma
L Cook
Lerma
H. Wilson

Solanke
Dobre? Saydee?

With Ake, Smith, Cook, Stanislas, Brooks, Wilson, Daniels, King and Kelly out and 6 of those being definite starters I don’t see what other choice we have?

Perhaps it’s time to blood some youngsters next week - a couple of Kilkenny, Dobre, Scrimshaw, Saydee, Corey Jordan in the squad? Can’t do them any harm before their game against Luton in a few weeks.

Is Mepham really any worse than Simpson?

I mean at least Francis at RCB and Simpson at LCB would be in their natural positions. Not sure switching Francis or Mepham to the left is going to be any better.

Not an ideal situation all round...

I reckon Wilson will be fine for Chelsea. The way he went down kind of reminded me of that time Mings went off against Wolves.

Is Mepham really any worse than Simpson?

I mean at least Francis at RCB and Simpson at LCB would be in their natural positions. Not sure switching Francis or Mepham to the left is going to be any better.

Not an ideal situation all round...

Mepham is a better player than Simpson without a doubt. However a Simpson clearly lacks confidence which doesn’t help, especially conceding 2 minutes after coming on.

Mepham is a better player than Simpson without a doubt. However a Simpson clearly lacks confidence which doesn’t help, especially conceding 2 minutes after coming on.
Which was entirely Mepham’s fault. And remember last season Eddie preferred Simpson over Mepham in the run in. I’ve not seen enough to suggest anything has changed since in terms of their performance.

It’s probably going to have to be all 3 to be honest. Maybe with his experience Francis could slot in at LCB. I’d personally be equally if not more nervous with Mepham over Simpson in that specific position. Jack usually plays well at Chelsea too and those sort of memories can be used to instill confidence in a player

Assuming King and Wilson are out I would just play Solanke up front on his own with Harry Wilson tucked in behind.
I agree as we have little choice but Frank Lampard might as well give his under 18s defence a run out next weekend as we will have no goal threat.

Would hope Steve Cook can play in a cast by next week and we may also have Josh back.

We can’t keep wrapping these injured players up in cotton wool,saying they’re making progress with their ‘niggles’.

Get them out there for Christ sake.The sh*ts been hitting the fan for the last few games,yet certain ‘injured’ players don’t seem to have the stomach for it.

We can’t keep wrapping these injured players up in cotton wool,saying they’re making progress with their ‘niggles’.

Get them out there for Christ sake.The sh*ts been hitting the fan for the last few games,yet certain ‘injured’ players don’t seem to have the stomach for it.
I think I prefer to let the medical staff take those decisions.

I think I prefer to let the medical staff take those decisions.

Funny that in the minus 17 season,we had players playing every week with niggles but they seemed ok to get through 46 games a season - just saying.

Not all,but some of this current crop seem more than happy to sit on the sidelines picking up their £££££ a week playing on Instagram.

Chelsea may well have to pick itself. I don’t think we’ve had such a large injury crisis in the premier league, it’s been bad but not this bad. Would like to see Stacey at right back and Francis in the middle with Mepham to avoid starting with Simpson.

Lewis Cook did no harm today when he tried to feed through intelligent balls, Fraser needs to be dropped without question and Billing can make way as well.

Ramsdale

Rico
Mepham
Francis
Stacey

Danjuma
L Cook
Lerma
H. Wilson

Solanke
Dobre? Saydee?

With Ake, Smith, Cook, Stanislas, Brooks, Wilson, Daniels, King and Kelly out and 6 of those being definite starters I don’t see what other choice we have?

Perhaps it’s time to blood some youngsters next week - a couple of Kilkenny, Dobre, Scrimshaw, Saydee, Corey Jordan in the squad? Can’t do them any harm before their game against Luton in a few weeks.
Can Mepham play left side? ....we know Franno can't.

;