Injury ‘crisis’ and team selection

I think I prefer to let the medical staff take those decisions.
Did i hear Eddie being quite critical of the medical staff after the game.....saying some of the injured should have been back sooner and that we've made mistakes in that regard?

Still think we are much better off than in our first year in the prem! My only fear is that, after chelsea, the next few months are games against teams around us ie when we want our best team to get the points.

Steve Cook said he needs an operation and will be out until January. Callum said afterwards he was ok.

Has there been any updates on Kings status at all? Surely him and Stanislas won’t be far away now...?

I think with our defensive injuries, we’re just going to have to accept that we might be in and around the bottom three over the Xmas period. To have both Cook and Ake missing in this period is just insane.

We could’ve had more of a buffer with positive results against the likes of Newcastle, Norwich, Watford and 10 man Palace. Unfortunately we’re victims of our own making.

We could’ve had more of a buffer with positive results against the likes of Newcastle, Norwich, Watford and 10 man Palace. Unfortunately we’re victims of our own making.

I’m not sure the phrase ‘save for a rainy day’ is the right one to describe football but after those 3 early wins, I think definitely some complacency hit in.

The trouble is when you lose focus it’s hard to regain it quickly and couple that with the inevitable loss of confidence and then an injury crisis its a downward spiral.

I’m sure in hindsight the players wish they’d done more to get the wins against Norwich, Watford and Newcastle. If complacency did affect those performance then we are certainly paying for it now. The trouble is, as fans viewing from a half empty glass, we knew it could be costly. Not sure the players saw it that way when we were still just 1 point off the top 4

Mepham and Simpson need to play as natural CBs...trying to shift players and play them out of their natural positions will only see us getting punished more in this league...hopefully Kelly may be fit soon? Thought Francis put in a mature performance and Rico is improving all the time defensively IMO. However Eddie may want to get in a defender next month if he can shift the likes of Ibe and Fraser in the window for some funds?

I would play Mark Vaughan as a centre back and Artur Boruc as a striker attacker. Problem solved. They would do a far better job than the total no hope dross that trudged off at the end of the match yesterday.

We have 4 good goalkeepers on the books, but only 2 decent centre backs in Ake and S.Cook and only 2 decent strikers in C.Wilson and King. Absolutely no-one to bring in when any one of them is injured let alone when all 4 are injured.

First priority on the injury list is to get Eddie Howe a common sense transplant. He has well and truly lost the plot.

I wouldn’t play Mepham at all. He has been **** against Spurs and Liverpool and doesn’t look PL ready in the slightest.
He doesn't fill me with confidence, you can add Leicester to that list, as well as the goal against Palace.

However who would you play then? Simpson?

He doesn't fill me with confidence, you can add Leicester to that list, as well as the goal against Palace.

However who would you play then? Simpson?

It’s strange isn’t it. When Mepham joined in Jan Steve Cook had an injury and he looked pretty good when thrust into it. Now he’s like a rabbit in the headlights. Same with Billing, looked really decent now he’s petered out.

It’s strange isn’t it. When Mepham joined in Jan Steve Cook had an injury and he looked pretty good when thrust into it. Now he’s like a rabbit in the headlights. Same with Billing, looked really decent now he’s petered out.

He looked confident on the ball. Everything else was very green though.

He hasn’t really improved as far as I can tell. I know it hasn’t been a long period of time and form comes with regular football, but backing off too much has cost goals. Allowing the ball to bounce rather than attacking it has cost us too.

Sounds like he’s going to get a long run in the team now so fingers crossed he can develop a bit.

;