It's Started

England have beat all four semi finalists in the last eight months. It's not lack of skill it's inability to handle the pressure.

SlowDownDerek - 3/7/2016 23:33

England have beat all four semi finalists in the last eight months. It's not lack of skill it's inability to handle the pressure.

It was the manager who originally couldn't handle the pressure and that in turn drifted its way down to the players.

I can't believe there was another manager at the start of the Euros who still had absolutely no idea what his best team was and what system he should play.

Worst of all he has now left the employment of the FA so can't be made to explain why he managed over such a shambles.

Hodgson was a disgrace as were the faceless suits who first employed him over 'Arry 4 years ago.

tednphil - 4/7/2016 09:28

SlowDownDerek - 3/7/2016 23:33

It was the manager who originally couldn't handle the pressure and that in turn drifted its way down to the players.

I can't believe there was another manager at the start of the Euros who still had absolutely no idea what his best team was and what system he should play.

Worst of all he has now left the employment of the FA so can't be made to explain why he managed over such a shambles.

Hodgson was a disgrace as were the faceless suits who first employed him over 'Arry 4 years ago.

How does it 'trickle down to the players'. These players play in big stadiums all the time, they are always under pressure.

Until the players grow some balls and stop worrying about what the papers are going to say about them and perform under pressure, England won't progress.

Hodgson, players, Media all partially to blame. An absolute mess.

"I think that you will find that it was a certain scummer sympathiser who got uptight and started typing precious ROY in capital letters! "

Guess good old botn means me??

1] not a 'scummer sympathiser' at all, just like one of those normal grown up people that doesn't hate anyone due to the club they support.
2] If I did type Roy in capital letters, it was only to help out anyone who was struggling to spell his name correctly.
3] I can't recall sticking up for him and his tactics as such, so you must mean someone else. All I said, was that we didn't play too badly against Russia and Wales...we started out well against Slovakia but went downhill and against Iceland, well, no-one can make any excuses for that one.
4] There is also no way two different football matches can truly be compared. Would France really have walloped us? Probably not. They didn't score against Albania until the 90th minute remember and struggled against Romania, as two examples. As for Iceland, they did very well across all four matches until last night, where they suddenly looked tired and unorganised in the first half. Every football match is unique.

Portugal from a side that nearly didn't qualify from the group stages are now one game away from winning this competition.

Wales badly missed Ramsey tonight and Bale was over hitting passes and free-kicks, not one of his better games.

They did Wales proud by getting to the semi-final, not the same that can be said for the England side.

billythekid - 6/7/2016 21:53

Portugal from a side that nearly didn't qualify from the group stages are now one game away from winning this competition.

Wales badly missed Ramsey tonight and Bale was over hitting passes and free-kicks, not one of his better games.

They did Wales proud by getting to the semi-final, not the same that can be said for the England side.

Portugal prove that all that matters is the result. Style of football or looking decent is not important - this is the reason I'd get big Sam in.

Billy, you'll have no-one to talk to after Sunday. Nearly half the posts on this thread are from you.
:yikes:

billythekid - 7/7/2016 20:26

Cracking game between Germany and France.

Well if watching Germany totally batter France yet trailing thanks the referee again.

It's a remarkable coincidence that France's biggest rival to the finals has had two at best incredibly harsh decisions against them.

I thought the pen was the right call. What the hells was the German bloke doing jumping with his arm up there?

drd - 7/7/2016 20:54

I thought the pen was the right call. What the hells was the German bloke doing jumping with his arm up there?

You think Schweinsteiger predicted that Evra would head the ball inches onto his arm? You cannot say that he deliberately moved his hand towards the ball, it's more likely he was trying to get an arm between his face and Evra's elbow.

Kudos - 7/7/2016 21:43

drd - 7/7/2016 20:54

You think Schweinsteiger predicted that Evra would head the ball inches onto his arm? You cannot say that he deliberately moved his hand towards the ball, it's more likely he was trying to get an arm between his face and Evra's elbow.

Yes. If you put your arm above your head when you are jumping towards the ball then it is a deliberate act and therefore handball. He should have anticipated that Evra would head the ball towards the goal. What else did he think was going to happen? Harsh but pen the right decision in my view.

;