It's Started

Can I be the first to say that Germany had no plan B.

Oh and for their defending for the second goal, I felt like I was being transported back to Dean Court some of our efforts last season.

SlowDownDerek - 7/7/2016 22:19

Kudos - 7/7/2016 21:43

drd - 7/7/2016 20:54

I thought the pen was the right call. What the hells was the German bloke doing jumping with his arm up there?

You think Schweinsteiger predicted that Evra would head the ball inches onto his arm? You cannot say that he deliberately moved his hand towards the ball, it's more likely he was trying to get an arm between his face and Evra's elbow.

Yes. If you put your arm above your head when you are jumping towards the ball then it is a deliberate act and therefore handball. He should have anticipated that Evra would head the ball towards the goal. What else did he think was going to happen? Harsh but pen the right decision in my view.

This really. If you jump to head the ball, your arms are naturally in a downward position. As soon as he put his hand up in the air, he was asking for trouble. Im sure if it was a French player, it may not have been given, but I still think had that been us against Man U, and a ManU player had jumped like that, everyone on this board would have been screaming for a pen

Third in an easy group, only won one game in 90 minutes and that was against Wales. Terrible to watch. A fitting winner of a poor tournament in my view.

Fair play to Portugal though. At the end of the day it doesn't matter how you do it - they've had enough near misses to deserve it too.

I still think UEFA have ballsed up the tournament though. You can't have third placed teams going through because you need an incentive to win - there's a reason it's three points for a win. It's all very well saying this tournament was great because small teams did well but it's not sustainable in the long run. Nobody will want to watch a tournament where big sides are up against defensive walls game after game.

;