Jack Stacey

Didnt he score a long range driven cracker - against wigan, northampton maybe?

Thought he only played pre season and 1 or 2 competative games, then disappeared (to Hearts?).

That being before internet era, I recall excitement as tend to get a few randoms playing friendlies back then, most forgettable, but he was unorthdox as built like a tank but seemed quick and caught most afcb fans eyes straight away. just had something about him.

did he go off crying like Boli, or just went off in 1st half injured never to be seen again lol.
He was massive, think he came in as a centre back, wasn't great, moved to left back, wasn't great, played left wing back, wasn't great. I loved him! Can't remember why he left, don't think it was injury. I remember Boli going off injured though.

He was massive, think he came in as a centre back, wasn't great, moved to left back, wasn't great, played left wing back, wasn't great. I loved him! Can't remember why he left, don't think it was injury. I remember Boli going off injured though.

I can recall a really sunny day stood on South End terrace and Berthe eiither hobbling off or maybe he just walked off, lol, never to be seen again?

:D had a funny feeling Brian would be ruffling a few more feathers by claiming Stacey is another top player written off by Afcb fans/forum Elite.

Not quite so far, but very nearly :D

We f√cked up big with Stacey....he could have been utilised so much better !
Difficult to say really. I think for whatever reason, the situation didn't bring out his full potential. He's very comfortable and quick coming forward, so that left him vulnerable at the back with us. Some might argue that he's more of a wing back or should even be given a go in midfield. He seems to be doing well for Norwich as a full back, though. Might just be a case of him needing a decent run of games to fully develop. I think where we made a mistake was not loaning him out when he wasn't trusted to be a sub even. Having said that, maybe that was discussed and he didn't want a loan. He always seemed like a very likeable and positive character, though. Just pleased he's doing well now.

:D had a funny feeling Brian would be ruffling a few more feathers by claiming Stacey is another top player written off by Afcb fans/forum Elite.

Not quite so far, but very nearly :D
I thought he was good enough and even adaptable for midfield in the PL...
... and just giving opinion in that vein ....f√ck -all to do with 'ruffling feathers' which is only part of my crusade.
But you know....if what a poster contributes doesn't quite fit the f√cking idiosyncratic codes of the Forum clique....he is obliged to accept the consequential simpering waffle attempting to carve him up.

Pathetic .

;