Jack Wilshere

On a similar note Craig Burley on ESPN:

http://www.espnfc.us/video/espn-fc-tv/86/video/2941694/burley-bad-move-for-wilshere

I liked the other guy in the studio, however Burley seems so hung up on the 'status' of how big a club we are rather than any footballing reasons.

Coobster - 31/8/2016 21:10

On a similar note Craig Burley on ESPN:

http://www.espnfc.us/video/espn-fc-tv/86/video/2941694/burley-bad-move-for-wilshere

I liked the other guy in the studio, however Burley seems so hung up on the 'status' of how big a club we are rather than any footballing reasons.

the other guy is steve nicol

Why would playing abroad necessarily prove your worth? If he plays well in the premier league wouldn't that prove his worth in the actual league Arsenal are in?

That's my thoughts as well. Wilshere has gone out on loan so that he can be a top player for Arsenal next season. If Arsenal see that he played well for a club in the Premier League, then they know he should be able to fight for his place in the team.

Coobster - 1/9/2016 03:51

That's my thoughts as well. Wilshere has gone out on loan so that he can be a top player for Arsenal next season. If Arsenal see that he played well for a club in the Premier League, then they know he should be able to fight for his place in the team.

Exactly.

The challenge is to improve a bottom 8 ('cos that is what we is) Premier League side.

What could Wilshire possibly learn from Italian football except that it is excruciatingly boring? Apart from diving, feigning injury and how to conceal foul play from the referee, what would he get from the Iberian peninsula?

Welcome Jack. Show the world that the 5½ million that you will cost us this season (a drop in the Premier League ocean) is well invested money.

Wilshere can play deep or advanced in midfield that's the beauty of it - the rest of our other midfielders are really one or the other.

Doubt this will happen but we could play a narrow diamond without wingers with Surman deep, Arter and Cook central and Wilshere at the top of the diamond should Eddie want to trial itr.

The first one is complete tripe. What does this even mean?;

Wilshere needs to be ushered into a role that will eventually work for both him and Arsenal if he does wind up being recalled. It’s hard to imagine that Howe and Bournemouth, who will take what they can get, will be able to foster that.

And hardly a fall from grace, 14 places in the table from last season. It's not like he's signed for Pompey!

Wilshire is a fantastic signing, I hope he doesn't get frustrated if the quality of our players are a yard of thought behind him.

Would there have been all this fuss if he had signed for Palace rather than us? I suspect not, but I fail to see how Palace are that much more massive than us currently.

How is this massiveness measured?

Crowds? Fine, they get more than us (double), but then so do loads of teams in the Championship. Nudge nudge Jeff, but build a bigger stadium and we would get similar crowds
League Position? They've been terrible for 9 months and will be in the same bottom half mini-league as us.
Manager? Ours is smug (c) NSC, theirs is just a prick
Expensive Players? They've signed Benteke for £30m, who hasn't had a decent season in 2 years. We signed Ibe for half that who has a lot to prove
Quality of Football? One plays a fairly agricultural game and one expansive hint, the agricultural game isn't played by the carrot crunchers of Darzet.

Anyway, these pundits, with their opinions that they have for money...

I'm not bothered. He chose to come here and that's good enough for me. Haters gonna hate ??

Let's be proud of how far this club has gone and not get worked up about embittered ex pros who can't get proper jobs in the game.

bondsnemesis - 1/9/2016 07:54

Wilshire is a fantastic signing, I hope he doesn't get frustrated if the quality of our players are a yard of thought behind him.

The other potential problem is that the other players just pass it to Wilshere and expect him to make the pass or take the risk - kind of like when you had one brilliant player at school and you just let him get on with it.

To be honest some English players would benefit from a spell abroad. If Wilshere had signed for say West Brom or Palace over Roma or Milan I could understand these pundits.

However, we are obviously the perfect fit for him. I'm sure Wenger wanted him to come here as we are the ideal place for him to develop.

It is quite nice in a way all of the surprised vitriol this seems to have attracted to both AFCB and to Wilshere. Nice to be talked about all around the country :hihi:

Paul merson quite rightly takes a hammering on here but in fairness last night, he said that we were the perfect fit for Wilshire.

;