Jack Wilshere

otss - 1/9/2016 18:30

Chris - what about the day we won 1-0 , boxing day maybe 79 or 80 - did Jack Howarth score ?

1979 Otss but I thought that Jack Howarth was a bit before that. I think we bought him from the Shots originally and he was in the long tradition of pooe centre forwards that we employed from 1974 onwards.

Take a bow John Rudge, Joe Ashforth and Derek Showers!

billythekid - 1/9/2016 19:20

Luther Blissett second game for us at home against Hull with 4 goals, 1988-89 season.

Cracking game that was. Only 0-0 I think or maybe 1-0 at half time and I was sat in B block with my dad and had a close up view of Luther hitting a load of goals into the Brighton Beach end net second half. 5-1 it was in the end.

hba1 - 1/9/2016 18:54

Sweet memories.

As an aside I saw John Sainty score a hat trick at Aldershot.

Ah.....perhaps it was Sainty I was thinking about not Showers.....

Evening game, one nil down attacking the home/away end..won 3-1. must have been 73/74 ?....then sold him to Aldershot !

Blimey guys.

It was John Sainty who scored a hat trick against Aldershot and then was sold to them.

Derek Showers moved on to Pompey and never scored a hat trick for us.

Howard Goddard, not Kevin Reeves, scored a hat trick against Southwick in the cup.

Kevin Reeves scored a hat trick against Southport in November 1976, the next AFCB hat trick was Don Givens v Aldershot in April 1980 and there wasn't another one until Tommy Heffernan scored three against Millwall in January 1983.

afcdibby - 1/9/2016 21:15

John Smeulders lives in Corfe Mullen. Had a good chat with him a few months back.

Ian Cunningham use to run the Dorset Soldier in CM, not sure if he still does, lives in the village.....might be at the legion.

Saint hat trick was immense. Dreadful game. Nil one and about 9 minutes to go. The Bournemouth fans had (mostly) left and were walking behind the stand. Then sainty scores and they all come back. Top night.

West Moors Cherry - 1/9/2016 20:21

billythekid - 1/9/2016 19:20

Luther Blissett second game for us at home against Hull with 4 goals, 1988-89 season.

Cracking game that was. Only 0-0 I think or maybe 1-0 at half time and I was sat in B block with my dad and had a close up view of Luther hitting a load of goals into the Brighton Beach end net second half. 5-1 it was in the end.

I was in B block front row and from memory it was a wet night as well.

Yep BTK absolutely poured down. I had the VHS of it from the local news, along with loads of other clips until I stupidly lost track of the tapes during house moves and a wife who secretly takes things to the tip. Gutting really.

West Moors Cherry - 2/9/2016 00:41

Yep BTK absolutely poured down. I had the VHS of it from the local news, along with loads of other clips until I stupidly lost track of the tapes during house moves and a wife who secretly takes things to the tip. Gutting really.

Here you are WMC

[youtube=NX1ZEx-FW-Q]

corfe_red - 2/9/2016 09:08

West Moors Cherry - 2/9/2016 00:41

Here you are WMC

[youtube=NX1ZEx-FW-Q]

Was somewhere between Singapore and Brisbane the night this happened.
Got the score on the world service about 9am local time.
Didn't even know we had signed Luther, such was communication.

I remember having an early beer that morning.

tfokp, I was right about the hat tricks then!

I was ill on the night of Luthers 4 goal spree so missed that. Also missed Hayters fastest hat trick!

Great eh?

;