Jaidon Anthony

I had the misfortune to be sat with a gang of leeds fans this evening (all from Bradford Halifax and Huddersfield) how can a Bournemouth player get in our team? Because he’s better than what you’ve got?

I had the misfortune to be sat with a gang of leeds fans this evening (all from Bradford Halifax and Huddersfield) how can a Bournemouth player get in our team? Because he’s better than what you’ve got?
although he can't really get in their team, can he? No starts at all yet.

It's possibly an unpopular opinion and I don't think the club handled it that well, but increasingly looking like Sinistera was a decent upgrade. He has the ability and pace to impact a game from the bench, something which Jaidon struggled to do.

Anthony is a great guy but doesn't quite have the pace, power or creativity we need from our wingers in this system. He was also miles off his top form earlier this season. Was hoping he might rediscover that form at Leeds but doesn't seem to be working out.

It's possibly an unpopular opinion and I don't think the club handled it that well, but increasingly looking like Sinistera was a decent upgrade. He has the ability and pace to impact a game from the bench, something which Jaidon struggled to do.

Anthony is a great guy but doesn't quite have the pace, power or creativity we need from our wingers in this system. He was also miles off his top form earlier this season. Was hoping he might rediscover that form at Leeds but doesn't seem to be working out.

A view that was borne out in the attacking midfielder stats thread. Anthony was near the bottom and Sinisterra near the top. Agree that Anthony appears a great guy so hopefully he will come good.

Strange Forum.....the blokes a bloody good player..easily good enough for Boscombe...had quite a few outstanding games for us and some important goals.

A manager should be able to adapt a decent player into any 'system'. ; They are Professional Footballers and now regarded as. 'athletes' FFS

Elitism never dies on here does it ?

There's lots of " great guys " that haven't made it

I still don't think Anthony has had a long enough run in the PL to say whether he can make it or not. Perversely I think Iraola-ball would be perfect for him. Correct decision to send him on loan at his age, however the fact that Leeds aren't giving him many minutes isn't great for him or us. I'd hope to see him recalled and sent somewhere where he plays more than a bit part.

Strange Forum.....the blokes a bloody good player..easily good enough for Boscombe...had quite a few outstanding games for us and some important goals.

A manager should be able to adapt a decent player into any 'system'. ; They are Professional Footballers and now regarded as. 'athletes' FFS

What exactly is this 'elitist' thing you bang on about? What do you mean by that term?

In what way is it elitist to say that Sinistera is a better option for us than Jaidon? Take nothing away from what Anthony has contributed before. We all want what is best for the team to win games - what is elitist about that?

From memory, the Sinisterra signing was late and Leeds United wanted a player on loan in exchange, not sure Anthony would have gone on loan otherwise.

What exactly is this 'elitist' thing you bang on about? What do you mean by that term?

In what way is it elitist to say that Sinistera is a better option for us than Jaidon? Take nothing away from what Anthony has contributed before. We all want what is best for the team to win games - what is elitist about that?
I haven't mentioned Sinisterra !
...however I think he is a good asset....but so was Anthony.

Last edited:

I thought it made sense. Jaidon had a fantastic pre season but didn’t make the most of his starts in the league while I was always very positive about sinisterra on this board - the trouble was he didn’t seem to be very fit when he arrived.

Seems Jaidon a few times on tv for Leeds and looks a bit lost tbh. He is young though and I am sure he will bounce back. Good football brain and technically very good too

It might be an unpopular opinion but it’s also an accurate one, Sinestera is clearly a superior player.

If we take our Bournemouth tinted spectacles off for a minute, it’s not a surprise that he isn’t getting into that Leeds team. If you would honestly pick Anthony over Summerville and Gnoto then I’d imagine that you haven’t watched the latter two play that much.

I like Jaidon, he’s a great lad, but ability wise I struggle to see him forging a career at the top level. He doesn’t really possess the pace or the ability on the ball required to worry opposition full backs. I think his only chance of making it here long term is if he is converted into a more central attacker, similar to the role that Kluivert is playing now. He’s a decent finisher and can pick a pass, just don’t think he has it in him to be a winger at the top level.

It might be an unpopular opinion but it’s also an accurate one, Sinestera is clearly a superior player.

If we take our Bournemouth tinted spectacles off for a minute, it’s not a surprise that he isn’t getting into that Leeds team. If you would honestly pick Anthony over Summerville and Gnoto then I’d imagine that you haven’t watched the latter two play that much.

I like Jaidon, he’s a great lad, but ability wise I struggle to see him forging a career at the top level. He doesn’t really possess the pace or the ability on the ball required to worry opposition full backs. I think his only chance of making it here long term is if he is converted into a more central attacker, similar to the role that Kluivert is playing now. He’s a decent finisher and can pick a pass, just don’t think he has it in him to be a winger at the top level.

It comes down to experience. Sinisterra has it at the highest level. Jaiden has very little. Therefore at this time, Sinisterra is an upgrade. But Jaiden hasn't yet been tested in the PL in a team that is playing well. Plenty of time to prove himself. Far too soon to be writing him off.

It comes down to experience. Sinisterra has it at the highest level. Jaiden has very little. Therefore at this time, Sinisterra is an upgrade. But Jaiden hasn't yet been tested in the PL in a team that is playing well. Plenty of time to prove himself. Far too soon to be writing him off.
Jaidon Anthony made 30 PL appearances last season in a team that finished 15th.

Sinestera made 19 appearances in a team that finished 19th.

Anthony has more experience at the top level in a better team. Sinestera is just a better footballer.

Jaidon Anthony made 30 PL appearances last season in a team that finished 15th.

Sinestera made 19 appearances in a team that finished 19th.

Anthony has more experience at the top level in a better team. Sinestera is just a better footballer.

Anthony has played 33 PL games, that is the extent of his top flight experience.

Sinisterra has played 25 PL games, and 76 games for Feyenoord in the Eredivisie. Plus he has 11 caps for the Colombia national team.

I think that counts as more experience.

Anthony's 30 PL games last season were playing for a team that mustered less than a goal a game. In our last 5 (when we've been playing well) we've managed 1.8 goals a game in a run that's included Man City. I would like to see him in a team that is playing free flowing attacking football to judge whether or not he is good enough.

Here's a comment from yourself after the Arsenal game. Replace Sinisterra with Anthony and it pretty much applies for most of last season.

1701084439465.png

Anthony has played 33 PL games, that is the extent of his top flight experience.

Sinisterra has played 25 PL games, and 76 games for Feyenoord in the Eredivisie. Plus he has 11 caps for the Colombia national team.

I think that counts as more experience.

Anthony's 30 PL games last season were playing for a team that mustered less than a goal a game. In our last 5 (when we've been playing well) we've managed 1.8 goals a game in a run that's included Man City. I would like to see him in a team that is playing free flowing attacking football to judge whether or not he is good enough.

Here's a comment from yourself after the Arsenal game. Replace Sinisterra with Anthony and it pretty much applies for most of last season.

View attachment 12462
Exactly. I think the way the team is playing now would really suit him.
I could certainly see him as a decent option from the bench when we need to freshen things up. He might struggle to get a start at the moment but would certainly be worth a squad place as things stand.

Happy to have Sinisterra now that he seems to be fit and eager to contribute but he's not our player and Jaidon is. Ideally I'd like us to have both but if buying Sinisterra is not an option or proving difficult, I'd be happy to get Jaidon back and give him another chance to show his true potential in a more attacking setup.

;