James Hill

Explain to me, how does saying that I don’t think that Hill is a good prospect but I think that Owen Bevan is, equate to me saying ‘the club is ****************.’ The answer is that it clearly doesn’t and you again showing your inability to play the post and not the poster.

I don't particularly need to defend myself for playing the poster and not the post. I've not been rude and you are constantly negative. I'm sure Bevan is great but he's much further back in his development so this comparison coming from someone with your track record is, unsurprisingly, negative.

Tinpot...
A term used to describe something that is either of low quality, has a poor reputation or is unknown altogether, has an insignificant history or any combination of the aforementioned. The term is often used to describe English football (that's soccer to our Yankee & Aussie friends) clubs that occupy the lower reaches of the English footballing pyramid. These clubs are characterised by;

a) Terrible quality of football, often of amateur and semi-professional standards and occasionally even pub side quality

b) Very small fanbases resulting in low attendance figures and small travelling crowds (away support in football parlance)

c) Diminutive and often run-down stadiums with poor amenities (portable toilets in place of functioning bathrooms), minimal seating and cover, often resulting in spectators being exposed to the harsh conditions of the English weather

d) A baren trophy cabinet, or if they are lucky, a handful of local cups on a shelf that nobody outside of the club has heard of

e) A shocking bank balance as the clubs just about manage to pay the bills. However, in recent years more often than not the clubs end up in administration

f) Having to go back to 1927 to find an occassion or person that would be deemed to be notweorthy in the world of English football. Often, upon coming across a fan of a more reputable club, they will eagerly tell said fan of their grand days of the 1927/28 season in an attempt to make their club seem relevant

''Last Tuesday night we was away to tinpot Bristol Rovers and as usual we was confined to the open terraces of the East Stand, exposed to the pissing rain and lashing winds. It was grim as ****************, made only worse by the excuse of a football game we witnessed along with 3,000 other miserable fans.'' - said the fan of equally tinpot Southend United to his mate.

''I couldn't believe Accrington Stanley. The tinpot shites brought all of 28 fans to the match last night.'' - said an enraged fan of tinpot Gillingham.

:Fingers:
Makes tinpot sound bad? Worked for us so far !

It doesn't sound like it's been a successful loan up in Edinburgh for Jimbo
https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/200042-a-stepping-stone/
Although a lot of their fans seem to be suggesting that he is gradually regressing the longer he has been there and that the same can be said of other signings. I think now that we should be in the PL next season, we need to get him back and into a ball playing Championship side, if somebody is willing to take a chance on him. Failing that, a decent ball playing League One side as a last chance saloon.
It certainly sounds as though this loan has been a total waste of everybody’s time, which is a real shame.

Have to be honest, I’m not too surprised to see him getting negative reviews based on what I saw in pre season, he looked out of his depth. I remember Bevan coming on for him in the Real Sociadad game and instantly looking more assured and comfortable in his surroundings. We have a very promising up and coming young centre half I think, and it’s not James Hill.

You may well be right, I wasn’t at that game. All I would say is Hill is playing at the top level of Scottish football ( so Lower championship/L1] level whilst Owen played in 5th tier thiis season with a club that got relegated. They are only about a year apart (my lad “knows” of Owen and really rates him) but all of these lads are massive gambles. We also signed Chris Francis, defender, from North Leigh last year (tier 7) and he has finished the season at Weymouth in NLS.

I think we have to be realistic, the likelihood of these boys playing regular EPL football (accepting Parker sent Bevan out to slaughter v Liverpool) is remote. Young CB’s in the top flight is an exception. Our two most recent CB youngsters, Cargill and Simpson have done well but are nowhere near the level required.

You may well be right, I wasn’t at that game. All I would say is Hill is playing at the top level of Scottish football ( so Lower championship/L1] level whilst Owen played in 5th tier thiis season with a club that got relegated. They are only about a year apart (my lad “knows” of Owen and really rates him) but all of these lads are massive gambles. We also signed Chris Francis, defender, from North Leigh last year (tier 7) and he has finished the season at Weymouth in NLS.

I think we have to be realistic, the likelihood of these boys playing regular EPL football (accepting Parker sent Bevan out to slaughter v Liverpool) is remote. Young CB’s in the top flight is an exception. Our two most recent CB youngsters, Cargill and Simpson have done well but are nowhere near the level required.

Yeah, Cargill/Simpson victims of our success - if we were still a League 1 side, they'd have almost certainly have broken into the 1st team and moved on for a decent fee. Well, Simpson anyway.

Hill from what I can glean certainly has more potential than Bevan, but even then, he's probably only going to get a chance with us, if we get relegated in the next couple of years. He could become a regular PL defender 1 day, but its unlikely, sadly.

Like you say, hopefully he'll get a decent loan spell/experience with regular Champ football next year, or a promotion chasing league 1 club, that attempts to play good football.

Although a lot of their fans seem to be suggesting that he is gradually regressing the longer he has been there and that the same can be said of other signings. I think now that we should be in the PL next season, we need to get him back and into a ball playing Championship side, if somebody is willing to take a chance on him. Failing that, a decent ball playing League One side as a last chance saloon.
It certainly sounds as though this loan has been a total waste of everybody’s time, which is a real shame.
I think you're right, it's telling that they mention the decline of other players under their manager — perhaps this isn't Hill's fault.

Get him out and send him elsewhere.

Congratulations to him on his first Premier League appearance yesterday.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with him by the time the window shuts. Aarons might have been dead on his feet, but it was still quite a ballsy move from AI to bring him on at right back and shows a certain level of trust.

If he's going to drop out of the squad when we have more players back then I guess another loan would be best, but I wonder if AI like's what he has seen and may keep him around?

Yes I thought it was a brave move from AI, his first game I would think he was running on adrenaline, got caught out on the wrong side of his man.....but who knows he could be a handy squad member

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with him by the time the window shuts. Aarons might have been dead on his feet, but it was still quite a ballsy move from AI to bring him on at right back and shows a certain level of trust.

If he's going to drop out of the squad when we have more players back then I guess another loan would be best, but I wonder if AI like's what he has seen and may keep him around?
Not sure on the rules. So I expect I’m wrong.
But because if his age he doesn’t count to towards the 25.

This style of play is going to take its toll on a lot of players and AI has already said he expects to regularly make changes in the latter part of games. I therefore think we may keep a bigger squad around than in previous years including more of the U21's if there are not more full additions.

Hill still just qualifies as an U21 this season and so does not need to be named in the 25.

If he counts as U21 I'd expect him to be kept in the squad especially given the number of injuries we seem to be picking up.
Looks neat and tidy, might need a few appearances to get upto full speed, hoping he doesn't have to start vs Liverpool as that'd be very tough.

I’m not sure it’s realistic for him to be a squad member at this point, same with GK. both of them struggled last season at a far inferior level to the one we are playing at now. They both have potential to be good players, but not viable options for this season. Try to get Hill a loan in the championship and time to let GK move on permanently.

;