January Transfer Rumours

just saw matt ritchie briefly in the geordies win against rochdale highlights. he looked everything we don't!

It was Rochdale... Surman looked like Iniesta against Luton....

Joking aside the system we play is perfect for Matt and it’s been hard to replace him with players not as industrious or defensive minded.

It was Rochdale... Surman looked like Iniesta against Luton....

Joking aside the system we play is perfect for Matt and it’s been hard to replace him with players not as industrious or defensive minded.

the main thing I noticed was him harrassing the other players to get the tempo up. he was running round like a loon (a toon loon!) - that and making the first two goals.

also brighton have not made a bid and are apparently not interested in the player according to the argus journos, so as ever with sportswitness stories i’d be sceptical how much, if any, truth there is to this

Dunk is a limited player but offers leadership on the pitch - sort of quality younger players need. Like us too.

Shaquiri is another Billing in waiting... He might be skilful but he's lazy... Not the type of Player EH would want in the squad IMO... and I hate to think what his wages would be like...

Fraser showed glimpses of his old work-rate V Watford... Lets hope with that he can now keep that and regain some of his better form. Getting Danjuma back as well , hopefully soon, will add some creativity...

As NSM said on another thread, we';re starting to be able to put round pegs in round holes again, albeit slowly... Lets see how the next 2 games go...

...Kelly can play CB when he is fit, as I fear taht we still may lose Nathan before the end of this window, Everton are sniffing about according to some. I would expect some clubs to be looking at one or two of our players given that we look ripe for pickings being in a precarious position?

Ake, King, Lerma, and Brooks could be on the radar of some of the top clubs...

;