January Transfer Rumours

Moyes wanting Jo Allen of Stoke for WHU? £7mn?? No brainer for us - experience, grit and can hold and play the ball. Yes please.

We already haven’t got the best out of Lewis Cook, don’t see what additional Joe Allen would bring (other than more experience as you say)

..think we need to stick with the midfielders we have and Eddie must get more out of them! We do however need a striker to boost our squad given King’s injury and the poor form of Wilson and Solanke...a punt on Bowen or Watkins would add some more energy to our frontline IMO...but I fear we just don’t have the funds to go in for one of them? Maybe we could loan one from someone?

or

Bournemouth are in talks with Borussia Dortmund over a deal to sign Jacob Bruun Larsen. The German club are hoping for a loan with an option to buy the winger in the summer.

Larsen, who has fallen down the pecking order at the Westfalenstadion, is understood to be keeping his options open at this stage of the transfer window.

The 21-year-old Denmark international has made only four Bundesliga appearances this term and two in the Champions League.

Dortmund are said to value him in the region of £12.8m (€15m), with 18 months left on his current contract.

Bruun Larsen's own health concerns - he suffered a fatigue fracture in his leg in 2017 - pale in comparison to those of his older sister, Line, with whom he is very close. Line has twice battled, and defeated, cancer despite only being in her early 20s. She has proved to be an inspiration for her brother, who is now a regular visitor to children's cancer units in hospitals in Dortmund.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bunde...o-is-borussia-dortmunds-danish-wonderkid-8229

Last edited:
A winger would make sense in terms that Fraser (looking mostly disinterested) and Ibe are both off at the end of the season, Stanislas is unfortunately made of egg shell and Brooks may now have a complete season out.

For this season that would leave Fraser, H Wilson, Danjuma and maybe Junior. An extra option would be valuable.

Looking to next season that would leave Danjuma, Brooks, Junior plus the new arrival. Even if Kilkenny is looking good I would imagine they'd want at least a half season loan in the Championship before seeing him as a reliable option for us next year.

None of our wide players have really convinced this season so if there's a good option available at a knock down price it could prove an astute move to make.

Looks like serious interest from us. Can see some logic in another winger but is this what we really need now? ... or is the club planning for next season in a different league??

Spend the money on a decent midfielder. Yes, we’ve got a few in the squad but nine times out of ten they don’t perform. L Cook has huge potential ... the others are sub-par week after week. We need a) a change of strategy to three in midfield, one advanced; b) a midfielder to fit the bill ... or by the time Brooks is back we could be dead and buried.

A winger would make sense in terms that Fraser (looking mostly disinterested) and Ibe are both off at the end of the season, Stanislas is unfortunately made of egg shell and Brooks may now have a complete season out.

For this season that would leave Fraser, H Wilson, Danjuma and maybe Junior. An extra option would be valuable.

Looking to next season that would leave Danjuma, Brooks, Junior plus the new arrival. Even if Kilkenny is looking good I would imagine they'd want at least a half season loan in the Championship before seeing him as a reliable option for us next year.

None of our wide players have really convinced this season so if there's a good option available at a knock down price it could prove an astute move to make.

When is Stanislas' contract up? I know he has maybe half a dozen good games every season, but his wages could definitely be better spent elsewhere now.

...some awful speculative rumours going about at the moment...Daily Fail saying that we are in for ex Chelsea striker Traore from Villareal for 35 million?...really wide of the mark I would say!!!

..see that The ohec has re-cycled the rumour with an initial loan then buy IF we stay up?

personally I would go for Morelos (Rangers) or Jarrod Bowen (Hull City) atm IF we are going to spend any real dosh on staying up?

;