January Transfer Rumours

You will never guess, one week into the transfer season and we have not brought anybody new in for our 6 pointer on Sunday, and we are talking about who is leaving instead.
I've never seen many players get into the starting 11 without first settling in to Eddie's way of doing things. Brooks managed to but that was after pre-season games and training.

Don't expect new signings to immediately influence the "6 pointer" you talk about.

If The Sun is to be believed .... a big ask I know .... then Ake is only two weeks away from fitness.

On the injury site it says the potential returns of Ake and Kelly are the 21st, A Smith 18th.

But sometimes the players come back earlier, other times later as we know.

If The Sun is to be believed .... a big ask I know .... then Ake is only two weeks away from fitness.
Thats about right, when he was assessed after the injury EH said 6 weeks although he could be back earlier. He got the injury on Dec 7th so the Sun is probably spot on.

That's a massive boost to get these three back. Ake and Smith go with out saying but am looking forward to getting a look at Kelly.

I'm assuming Danjuma's stress fracture should hopefully not be too far behind?

So who is the young centre-back worth £50 million?

We know of one who has been mentioned with a £40 million figure.

Sky Sports News reporter Kaveh Solhekol reveals Chelsea are very keen to sign a centre-back from a Premier League rival who is worth up to £50m.

He told The Transfer Show: "I think the targets they are looking at are wide players and also a striker.

"They are in for Wilfried Zaha but it will difficult to sign him from Crystal Palace, they do not want to sell him but it is significant that he has changed agents and will now be represented by Pini Zahavi. He's close to the Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich.

"There is also Jadon Sancho but he will cost a lot of money - he could could over £100m. That is a deal that is more likely to happen in the summer if he were to leave Germany.

"There is Moussa Dembele, we know they are interested in signing him from Lyon, but we are being told that he would like to come back to England but Lyon really want to hold on to him because of their injury problems.

"Then there is the left-back situation where their dream signing would be Ben Chilwell, but again it would be almost impossible to sign him from Leicester because they are not going to sell him.

"There is one other player whose name has been mentioned to me, he is a central defender at a rival Premier League club. We have been told Chelsea are very keen on signing him and some of the agents that are involved in the deal think it could happen this month. A young, very promising centre-back who would cost at least £50m."

SSN

Chelsea have identified West Ham defender Issa Diop as their primary January transfer target, reports the Daily Express.

It’s claimed the Blues will bid £40m to lure the French centre-back away from the London Stadium.

Wolves and Brighton after a young Brazilian forward.

SSN

Wolves and Brighton have joined a number of top European clubs in the hunt for RB Leipzig’s Brazilian striker Matthaus Cunha.
The 20-year-old, who can also play as a winger, is understood to be available on a permanent basis this month for around £17m.

So far, Cunha has made 10 Bundesliga appearance this season and two in the Champions League.

Cunha scored an outrageous solo effort against Bayer Leverkusen last season and was nominated on the shortlist for the 2019 FIFA Puskas award - given to the scorer of the best goal of the season.

Well ..we need money for a New Stadium......to compete with Stokes poorer neighbours Port Vale ...Plymouth and others who can accommodate 20,000.
Plus....we have Europes finest player Lewis Cook.. and the very best from South America in Jeff Lerma!

;