January Transfer Rumours

Talkshite said Chelsea would probably activate the deal if any of their rivals put a bid in. But obviously Nathan would have to want to go, but in our situation why wouldn't he?

Well, Nathan can keep playing for us until the end of the season.
If we get relegated, no doubt many clubs will come in for him and he can go then.
What does it matter to him if Chelsea get a better deal? I guess maybe better wages, but not necessarily.

Sheffield United starting to spend some of their premier league instalments. Palace allegedly in for Bowen for 16 million. Pretty much every club in the premier league strengthening. Very quiet down our neck of the woods.

I don’t understand why we can’t get a loan in as a minimum, don’t have to pay full wages, got to be a player somewhere that isn’t playing that can do a job for us.

Lets be honest, so far its been pretty quiet for the vast majority of PL clubs with transfers. Not too much mind blowing so far, could all change over tomorrow of course. But we have seen the likes of Newcastle having to also just get a loan player. Some others have bought in one or two at most. Many haven't done anything yet. I believe Eddie fully when he says we have been active but not been lucky as yet. Clubs won't let good players go unless they can charge a fortune.

How have we not strengthened? It’s a joke. Why are we not in for Bowen at 16m?

How do you know we didn’t try??? Not everyone wants to come to a club who are performing pretty sh*t, and has a great chance of being in the Champ again...

At this moment in time I think most would go for Palace, between us and them...

I mean, right now... what can Eddie really offer anyone...?? P*ss poor recent record... P*ss poor stadium... P*ss poor training facilities... P*ss poor history as a club...

At least the likes of Villa, Norwich, WHU have top flight history and decent set ups etc. to put on show... Can’t imagine players are too excited about walking out at DC...

Last edited:

;