January Transfer Rumours

Shove ALL of our players on 1 year contracts. Then sort out the Sh#t at the end of that year....In or Out by performance value....then carry that through for a couple of seasons irrespective of whether we are in the PL, a Euro Super League or the fuggan 'Ampshire League!

It’s easy to criticise the recent recruitment record because the only players that have come in over the last two seasons and stayed fit are Lermer, Rico, Billing and Solanke. So I would say that’s a mixed bag (so far!!) in terms of success

I’ve also seen enough of Mepham, Stacey, Brooks and Danjuma to think that they were probably decent signings and the luck hasn’t been good, and Kelly who knows?

Fundamentally these are all young players and these were all reasonable enough decisions when you know that Francis, Arter, Daniels, Pugh, Gosling and Surman are towards the end of their careers.

For me recruitment isn’t the major cause of our issues this season.

This name has been mentioned on our forum re signing for us.

SSN

Crystal Palace are in talks to sign Jarrod Bowen from Hull City.

One source has told Sky Sports that Palace are close to agreeing a deal worth £16m plus add-ons.

I think our season hinges a lot on this weekend and the importance of continuing momentum and this weekend hinges a lot on whether Ake is still with us on Saturday morning. More that than any player we are likely to buy.

I would loose Ake if we keep Lerma......
Sorry I should have been clearer I don’t think we can afford to lose any first team player (I.e. I’m not referring to Ibe here), I mentioned Ake because of the Chelsea buy back clause being on my mind, but agreed on Lermer as well.

To be honest, if Neil Blake offered ME a contract to join AFCB right now, I'd probably turn it down. Unless there is a spectacular turnaround our club is displaying all the attributes of a club in free-fall. If they have witnessed the lack of unity, effort and the general poor performances of our team in recent months, I think whoever joined us now would have to be happy to be playing in the Championship next season. I think this will seriously hinder our chances of getting somebody decent to come here.
If we survive this season we will find it a lot easier to do business in the summer.
The players we have are good enough. They just need to play to their full potential with maximum effort from here on in. I'm not expecting us to sign anybody in this window, not even on loan. Our problem is not personnel, it is attitude.
I think it’s both tbh , some players are just not up to it and coupled with the questionable attitude of certain players it has contributed to our situation .

I think our season hinges a lot on this weekend and the importance of continuing momentum and this weekend hinges a lot on whether Ake is still with us on Saturday morning. More that than any player we are likely to buy.
If Chelsea are going to do it they will leave it as late as possible. Could be a long old day tomorrow, followed by a long old afternoon Saturday.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ake has agreed to go to Chelsea but has told EH it won't be until the season ends. Lampard, EH and Ake all strike me as honourable men. Although I'm probably being a bit naïve.:)

From various reports on who Chelsea want/hope to sign, it seems Lampard is finding it difficult.

One reason is teams are reluctant to sell in January. Other reasons teams from other countries interested in same players.

But of the names I have read today Ake is not mentioned.

;