January Transfer Tittle Tattle

Where's Brad Smith? MLS season now over, though he only played 6 games - shouldn't he be back with us now?.
What's happening with him?

It's until the end of our season but at the time it was stated

"Left-back Smith's loan to MLS contains the option for Bournemouth to recall him in January. "

I'm not sure we need a left back though.

We've been here before in January, thinking that if we don't make signings we are doomed. And then we didn't....and we still did absolutely fine!

However....I think this window is an exception, due to the injuries. I can't see how we can't be adding some faces, unless Smithy was due back next week. Which he isn't.

We've been here before in January, thinking that if we don't make signings we are doomed. And then we didn't....and we still did absolutely fine!

However....I think this window is an exception, due to the injuries. I can't see how we can't be adding some faces, unless Smithy was due back next week. Which he isn't.

As an absolute minimum, and I mean bare minimum we need 1 defender. That’s without any outgoings. No ifs buts or maybes.

Gosling will be back mid Jan so we can plod on with Lerma, Brooks and Surman until then in midfield.

Hopefully that's cards being kept extremely close to the chest.

Even if Adam Smith was back and fully fit next week it would still leave us extremely short of right back options. I'm not blaming them as it isn't their position but I've seen nothing from Ibe or Fraser to make me think they are decent options there. The fact that Smith won't be back until much later than that makes it more urgent.

Meanwhile, what's the status of Gosling? Unless he's about to be ready to start again soon our CM options are beyond thin. A midfield heart consisting of Surman and Lerma is lacking in forward thrust. Even with Gosling it still lacks attacking guile.

We need more than just Smithy back !

We need more than just Smithy back !

Absolutely we do!

There was a rumour on Twitter about us enquiring about Clyne, that would be spot on to be honest. In an ideal dream world, Loftus-Cheek would arrive on loan too. Maybe with a view to getting both full time in the summer.

I know getting decent permanent players at this stage is tricky. There are some quality players at the top of the Championship for example but would any give up a chance of promotion at this point?

We certainly need to sign only Tittle..not more Tattle ! I think our transfer policy will be tightened up from now....only Brooks and Lerma have worked well! Ake of course previously a great signing...others have been slightly hit and miss!

Agree, before we've wanted signings due to our defensive frailties in a fit squad, and got Marc Wilson and Rhoys Wiggins.

This season those issues still remain, and we're down to the bare bones now in terms of options.

Desperately need a quality defensive signing that's a regular starter.

I can see Eddie putting in another bid for Chris Mepham of Brentford as we need a new Centre Back with Mings not being favoured.

Definately need a new Right Back too and possibly a Centre Mid depending on Gosling's injury and whether Hyndman comes back.

It's a waiting game now...

I love Eddie, but let's face it, he is not great at picking talent. Rico, Lerma, Mings...... all expensive mistakes. We need more experienced midfielders. Let's get rid of who is clearly not working and find people that are a better fit with this club.

I love Eddie, but let's face it, he is not great at picking talent. Rico, Lerma, Mings...... all expensive mistakes. We need more experienced midfielders. Let's get rid of who is clearly not working and find people that are a better fit with this club.

Lerma a mistake? Err.... I've heard some odd views on here before but that's up there.

Mings when fit has been a perfectly adequate squad defender.

Rico has been here half a season.

Lerma will turn out to be a bargain if they still dish out club fines for yellow cards!

;