January transfer window.

dragonm8

UTC Legend
If we could wave a magic wand and add something what would it be?

For me, it has to be a Solanke replacement, an out and out tiresome forward who can back Dom up.

I guess thats why Foley regrets the non signing of Jackson.

Dom has been immense and seems to be made of steel. He's looked finished on the turf after a knock a few times this season, but rises and runs the knock off.

If Solanke was to have a few games out we can't expect Ariolas tactics to pay off with Moore up top, the whole system would collapse.

All other positions can be covered up, or patched up, but not Doms, and we don't have any sort of replacement lined up, for if he gets injured or tempted away.

I've always thought Adebayo would be a good replacement for Moore, but I don’t see that happening.

I'd like an experienced loan signing to cover LB but I'm struggling to think of anyone. Think we need that Gary Cahill type of signing to bring that edge to the dressing room and also cover the LB spot when needed.

Solanke’s injury at Spurs a timely warning - striker a transfer priority right now, especially in view of Semenyo’s clumsy performance. Antoine can be lethal - and equally loose and unfocused. Hoping for better in the window.

I can see Moore moving out on loan or permanently, needs to happen asap so to give us a chance to get replacement in. Good thing is we only have one game in the league this month so hopefully will give chance to get some of the injured players back at left back. Also may give AL time to juggle the squad if that’s what he thinks is needed.

If we could wave a magic wand and add something what would it be?

For me, it has to be a Solanke replacement, an out and out tiresome forward who can back Dom up.

I guess thats why Foley regrets the non signing of Jackson.

Dom has been immense and seems to be made of steel. He's looked finished on the turf after a knock a few times this season, but rises and runs the knock off.

If Solanke was to have a few games out we can't expect Ariolas tactics to pay off with Moore up top, the whole system would collapse.

All other positions can be covered up, or patched up, but not Doms, and we don't have any sort of replacement lined up, for if he gets injured or tempted away.
If Dom goes I think Semenyo can replace him

For value for money, January isn't usually the best time to sign players. So assuming there isn't a potential target at a great price, I'd rather we either:

1) Sign nobody. We have the squad depth to cope and need to give game time to some of the least regular starters for them to improve. Even more importantly, we need to be mindful of FFP. We can't keep buying players for substantial fees year on year. Work with what we've got.
2) Sell Kieffer Moore and sign a good backup option for Dom. Ideally someone young with bags of potential, but if not then someone who can step up and play within our system. Only sell Kieffer if we can get someone in first.

Semenyo also needs to be given a chance deputising for Dom. He's not now a bad player because he's had a couple of off games. He can score!

The striker position is the big one for me, Moore is no more than an impact sub so if Dom were to pick up and injury we’d be in big trouble. I know Semenyo and Kluivert have both played there before but it is not their best/natural position, both are talented players but we really need to look for a proper natural number nine to fill in/cover for Dom imo. Even if it’s just a loan signing.

Singing a striker for us is always going to be a difficult one since whoever we sign, they are undeniably the number 2 and a bench warmer. Reminds me of when Spurs spent years singing dross to be back up to Kane.

Best shot is an up and coming 21/22 year old with some good first team experience already, who is happy being around a Prem squad for the time being.

Cant see anyone us loaning a player to just sit on the bench!

The striker position is the big one for me, Moore is no more than an impact sub so if Dom were to pick up and injury we’d be in big trouble. I know Semenyo and Kluivert have both played there before but it is not their best/natural position, both are talented players but we really need to look for a proper natural number nine to fill in/cover for Dom imo. Even if it’s just a loan signing.
100% correct.

Has anyone ever caught waz and RandR on the forum at the same time?

On the balance of probabilities, Waz is RandR

Stay well away and stick with what we have got. Anyone freely available in this window and at sensible money isn't worth having. Anyone available and decent we will be ripped off.

;