- Matt Clarke
- Kieran Tierney
- Lloyd Kelly
- Rico Henry
- George Dobson
- Joe Allen
- Moussa Dembele
- Victor Wanyama
- Glen Kamara (I've been raving about him for a year but he might be off to cardiff)
- Tonny Vilhena
- Yaya Toure
- Ryan Jack
- Bradley Dack
- Eberechi Eze
- Ollie Watkins
- Neal Maupay

Last edited:
Just out of interest, what player(s) would you LIKE to see us sign? You say you agree with my selection- anyone in particular? Personally, I'd be most happy with Moses and Allen.
Yes, Minty interested to know who you'd like to sign (in an optimistic world)? Also, why don't you think we will get anyone? Lack of commitment from the board, or just that nobody would want to come to AFCB?

Here is a list of players I would love to get:

- Jack Butland
- Nathaniel Clyne
- Victor Moses
- Connor Roberts
- Joel Ward
- Aaron Wan-bissaka
- Chris Mepham
- Dael Fry
- Ezri Konsa
- Matt Clarke
- Kieran Tierney
- Lloyd Kelly
- Rico Henry
- George Dobson
- Joe Allen
- Glen Kamara (I've been raving about him for a year but he might be off to cardiff)
- Tonny Vilhena
- Yaya Toure
- Ryan Jack
- Bradley Dack
- Eberechi Eze
- Ollie Watkins
- Neal Maupay

This seems a remarkably unspecific list to our current situation so I'm assuming it's an overall wishlist. I don't know them all but Kelly and Henry are both left backs where we definitely won't be recruiting right now. A goalkeeper? No chance, the flag is nailed firmly to the Begovic mast. Wan-Bissaka is pretty established at Palace so why would he swap?

It makes it a little tricky to parse.

How many of these would you actually want?

This seems a remarkably unspecific list to our current situation so I'm assuming it's an overall wishlist. I don't know them all but Kelly and Henry are both left backs where we definitely won't be recruiting right now. A goalkeeper? No chance, the flag is nailed firmly to the Begovic mast. Wan-Bissaka is pretty established at Palace so why would he swap?

It makes it a little tricky to parse.

How many of these would you actually want?
well the ones that I would sign first are:

- Connor Roberts
- Chris Mepham
- Kieran Tierney
- Glen Kamara
- Joe Allen

I don't think he replies to anyone who actually tries to engage in a conversation with him. :grinning:
You need to understand that Minty the super scout gets paid for this type of info....you can't expect him to give it away ......he's got a fleet of imaginary cars to keep on the road ffs!

Good shout. Seen that Bayern are trying to buy him £30 million though! Thats kind of insane for an 18 year old who hasn't really achieved anything yet.
He is a real talent that's for sure. I watched England win the U17 world cup and kind of have a soft spot for alot of the squad. There was some insane stuff played by the lads that summer. Some real gems. Obviously some have gone on to make a name for themselves, like Sessegnon and Sancho. Also Gibbs-White is starting to show what hes about. Others like Foden and Hudson-odoi are just itching to showcase their talents. Would LOVE Foden here for the season to fill Cooks boots but I doubt it will happen, and they're different types of midfielders anyway so not sure he would get used accordingly.

Special mention to Brewster who is currently recovering from an ACL injury at Liverpool, he should be back in the next few months and I believe he will get a shot. Especially if Liverpool have the League wrapped up at the end of the season. What potential that young lad has.

Last edited:
That's about £70 million just there on transfer fees never mind wages. Who are we selling for how much to fund it?
Connor Roberts - about £4m- £8m
Chris Mepham - about £15m
Kieran Tierney - about £20
Glen Kamara - about £1m- £3m
Joe Allen £7m- £12m... Tierney isn't even really needed I just would rather him than Rico so if you take Tierney away that adds up to around £32m. We could get mepham and Roberts in the summer and loan in clyne until the end of the season. That narrows it down to around £10m this window.

Joe Allen £7m- £12m... Tierney isn't even really needed I just would rather him than Rico so if you take Tierney away that adds up to around £32m. We could get mepham and Roberts in the summer and loan in clyne until the end of the season. That narrows it down to around £10m this window.

Given Celtic reportedly already rebuffed £20 million for Tierney and he showed no particular desire to force a move through, he won't be going anywhere for anything less than £25 million.

Brentford's asking price for Mepham in the summer was reported as being £20 million and it won't have dropped since then no matter his or their form. It's January and their owner has shown he's happy to hold out for what he wants. Oh, and that £20 million is alleged to have a whole bunch of clauses including a hefty sell-on attached. IIRC we were meant to have bid £15 million in the summer and it wasn't even close hence the whole deal dropped from view as we were so far apart.

I pegged Joe Allen at between £10-15 million although a lot harder to call.

I'm afraid it's never as simple as that. Very rarely the figures in the media are accurate. So they could go for a lot more than that. You're failing to take into account what wages they would demand, signing bonuses and also their agents fees. A £20 million signing in the grand scheme of things cost ALOT more than £20 million.

I'm afraid it's never as simple as that. Very rarely the figures in the media are accurate. So they could go for a lot more than that. You're failing to take into account what wages they would demand, signing bonuses and also their agents fees. A £20 million signing in the grand scheme of things cost ALOT more than £20 million.
I know but I didn't mean buy all of them I just meant one or two maybe Kamara and Allen which won't be that much considering one will probably want to leave because they are experienced and accomplished in premier league and playing in the championship and the other is playing for Dundee FC and they are bottom of the league so he will not be that much in clauses, wages, bonuses or agent fees. Allen will cost more because he is proven but is worth it. The others could be signed in the summer. We've just loaned out Defoe so that's £100k of the wage bill.

I wonder how much money we actually have available for January? Say we only have around £20 million...if we spent that much on just Mepham I would be pretty disappointed, considering we have Simpson ready and Corey Jordan in our academy. Plus, I just don't rate him. Especially at that price.

What we should probably do is get someone like Clyne in on loan, and then outright buy one quality player who can come straight in to the team; preferably a centre mid. I really don't feel like we need a centre back atm.

I'd be very pleased if we got Clyne for starters, just the kind of right back that we need, he would do well with us too. We play more football than Cardiff I'd suggest.

Loftus-Cheek would have been superb but he's around their first team so I doubt he'd be allowed to leave on loan or want to either.

Unless a bargain came up to buy, I think we could get along with a couple of loans and see what occurs in the summer. Joe Allen would be good for our midfield but not sure Eddie would be looking at him.

I'd be very pleased if we got Clyne for starters, just the kind of right back that we need, he would do well with us too. We play more football than Cardiff I'd suggest.

Loftus-Cheek would have been superb but he's around their first team so I doubt he'd be allowed to leave on loan or want to either.

Unless a bargain came up to buy, I think we could get along with a couple of loans and see what occurs in the summer. Joe Allen would be good for our midfield but not sure Eddie would be looking at him.
If I could pick two relatively realistic players to sign it would be Clyne and Loftus-Cheek both on loan. Job done.

;