Jason Tindall

I still find it bonkers you can smoke in a car but aren't allowed to touch your phone. Neither should be allowed.

I highly doubt he was actually speaking on the phone, more likely texting or reading something, as that car will have hands free.

Silent AFCB - 23/1/2018 11:12

I still find it bonkers you can smoke in a car but aren't allowed to touch your phone. Neither should be allowed.

I highly doubt he was actually speaking on the phone, more likely texting or reading something, as that car will have hands free.
Agreed. A lot of the new laws that are being made are broader, though, and cover "distracted driving" (more than just cell phone use). So, if you're touching anything that distracts you, you're guilty.
Not sure about cigarettes though.

Mobile phone?……we know what he was really doing.......

[img=http://www.youjustmademylist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/makeup_while_driving.jpg]

But to be fair, even if you've got a hands free, my understating is that you're not actually allowed to touch the device... Same thing!!! If that is true then I don't understand the difference between touching the phone and car stereo...????

Don't get me wrong, I;'m not defending it, but we've all done it, or focused on swapping CDs in the car, changing channels... At the end of the day, it is exactly the same thing...

Tindall has a Range Rover Autobiography, which is loaded with gadgets and gizmo’s, but which includes voice recognition telephone dialling.

One touch on a button on the steering wheel, just a thumb movement, and you can command quite a lot of things that happen in the car – radio, sat-nav and of course telephone.

So as long as he has paired his phone to the car once only, it will automatically connect thereafter, he can then press the button and ask the telephone system to dial, Mum, Dad, Eddie or the local tanning salon, so there really is no excuse.

Likewise for accepting an incoming call, just a press of a button on the steering wheel to accept a call over the sound system, which automatically cuts out the radio if you’re using it at the time.

I was following a car moving in the direction of Liverpool Victoria at County Gates, it was veering all over the place, luckily it was a quiet time of day. I thought it might have been a drunk driver but no, young lad on his phone as we pulled up beside him at the traffic lights. We gave him the horn and wagged fingers, only funny in the fact that I have never seen anyone put away a phone away so quickly.

4FCB - 23/1/2018 13:15

Tindall has a Range Rover Autobiography, which is loaded with gadgets and gizmo’s, but which includes voice recognition telephone dialling.

One touch on a button on the steering wheel, just a thumb movement, and you can command quite a lot of things that happen in the car – radio, sat-nav and of course telephone.

So as long as he has paired his phone to the car once only, it will automatically connect thereafter, he can then press the button and ask the telephone system to dial, Mum, Dad, Eddie or the local tanning salon, so there really is no excuse.

Likewise for accepting an incoming call, just a press of a button on the steering wheel to accept a call over the sound system, which automatically cuts out the radio if you’re using it at the time.

So no excuses Jason! Is it a flat fine or linked to his financial status?

Likewise for accepting an incoming call, just a press of a button on the steering wheel to accept a call over the sound system, which automatically cuts out the radio if you’re using it at the time

And it speaks out loud all incoming texts.

tednphil - 23/1/2018 14:31

Likewise for accepting an incoming call, just a press of a button on the steering wheel to accept a call over the sound system, which automatically cuts out the radio if you’re using it at the time

I have the same car, mine being two years old, but doesn’t have the text reading facility.

He may well have that on his if it’s a later model.

The thing is, and I’ve met Jason on many an occasion and he’s such a decent guy, but he has to accept he’s in the public eye and people will look to him to be a role-model. He has to be squeaky clean.

The only thing I disagree with on this report is the fact that the plod had the Echo and cameras there.

Ken Baileys Ghost - 23/1/2018 08:31

I have a certain amount of sympathy.

I got nicked a couple of years ago in Iwerne Minster, in stationary traffic.

The reason I was using my phone was to warn a customer I was going to be late as I thought there had been an accident.
There were police cars and bikes all over the show up ahead.

Turns out that the traffic was stationary because the police were nicking people on their mobile phones on a narrow stretch of road where there was nowhere to pull over off the road.

I have no doubt that while my lorry was parked up, helping to increase the traffic chaos, a few more people got nicked.

And all you can do is smile sweetly and take it on the chin.

Blimey! Whilst I understand their intentions, sometimes plod really dont do themselves any favours

4FCB - 23/1/2018 15:19

tednphil - 23/1/2018 14:31

I have the same car, mine being two years old, but doesn’t have the text reading facility.

He may well have that on his if it’s a later model.

The thing is, and I’ve met Jason on many an occasion and he’s such a decent guy, but he has to accept he’s in the public eye and people will look to him to be a role-model. He has to be squeaky clean.

The only thing I disagree with on this report is the fact that the plod had the Echo and cameras there.

Think the Echo have had a campaign about it.

Remember Eddie caught on camera parking on yellows outside takeaway waiting for his wife?

They were there for everyone as a shame in the media campaign. JT was just unfortunate to be heading along the road at the time they had them there.

horndean_exile - 23/1/2018 13:51

So no excuses Jason! Is it a flat fine or linked to his financial status?

The latter. Checked on NSC and they said it was £100k, and he paid there and then in cash.

EasternRed - 23/1/2018 10:28
No sympathy from me. Anyone using a hand held mobile phone whilst driving should get an automatic ban in my opinion...

This

...The only thing I disagree with on this report is the fact that the plod had the Echo and cameras there

What?

The whole point of have the media there is to highlight that what these drivers are doing is illegal, stupid and selfish.

AFCB Lost in Brum - 23/1/2018 17:32

The whole point of have the media there is to highlight that what these drivers are doing is illegal, stupid and selfish.

Agree, maximum publicity for these halfwits please.

Bloody annoys me that the press were there. The Echo comments page annoys me further. I know he made a mistake but the attitudes on that page are disgusting. I'm sure very few of those commenting on there dont support the club and would rather choose to knock us.

Rant over

;