Jason Tindall

I don’t think jt would maybe be a bad manger . As others have said we seem to be a fairly tight knit group which is what we are all about . I do think we need someone with personality to add a couple of different ideas To the mix

I would be interested to know if anybody on here would support his appointment? You could argue that with the short turnaround it would be good to have somebody who knows the club and the players. I just don’t think JT would make a good manager.
I would support it .how do we know he wouldn't make a good manager if he is not given the chance. Surely he has done aliot right being with Eddie the last 9 years. Knows the club the culture and the players.so I for 1 will be prepared to give him a go.

Appointing Jason Tindall wouldn't be a "new direction", it's appointing someone you hope is going to be Eddie Howe instead of keeping Eddie Howe.

That doesn't strike me as the direction the club appear to want to go.

Eddie Howe was given all the keys to every toy box, he was allowed to mould the club around him.

The club now need to decide if its taking a proper director of football approach and appoint a coach who coaches and picks the team and has the odd input on players like Smith at Aston Villa.

Or appointing someone who has his finger in every pie and thus, should be given the freedom to do as he so wishes.

Either way, despite it being sad, without Howe I can't see a place for Tindall or the likes of Richard Hughes.

He was always a very vocal voice to the players along with Eddie , but this season , especially towards the end he just seemed to stand there and not say much - a loss of influence perhaps ?
Not sure he would be right at all .
Or like I’ve said many times in other threads, eddie was not to be questioned and that is one of the reason for him going when club are talking about togetherness

Tindall is and IMO always will be Eddie's right hand man so I can't see him being the new permanent manager any time soon!

If we were to go for a so called cheap option then IMO Stephen Purches has a good chance of getting the job.

Bookies rarely get it wrong so if Jason is to be the next manager that throws my theory right out the window. My hunch why Eddie walked was because he’d been told/asked to clear out the back room and wasn’t prepared to dismantle everything he’d built. Shows how little I know.

1/3 on Skybet.
People have been backing him, doesn’t
Bookies rarely get it wrong so if Jason is to be the next manager that throws my theory right out the window. My hunch why Eddie walked was because he’d been told/asked to clear out the back room and wasn’t prepared to dismantle everything he’d built. Shows how little I know.
Bookies adjust their odds based on who is being backed. For many outside of the club Tindall would be the logical choice, hence why he is being backed and his odds are so short. It’s incredibly worrying if he gets it, the whole rhetoric about a new direction would certainly be bs if that’s the case. Unless the new direction is to work on a shoe string budget, sell anything that moves and rely totally on the youth system, in which case the only direction we’ll be going in is down.

How on earth does anyone know JT would not go in a new direction??
Yes he’s been Eddies right hand man for years but for all we know he’s been using the experience to develop his own philosophy which may be divergent from Howe’s.
Look at Hansi flick at Bayern - was coaching the youth team, appointed as interim manager, and is now Bundestag coach of the season and may well win the CL to boot. Nobody saw him as a serious long term successor because he’d not had any chance to prove himself.
So my gut says JT is probably not the guy, but I really don’t see how you can assume we all know what kind of manager he would be.

Yes he’s been Eddies right hand man for years but for all we know he’s been using the experience to develop his own philosophy which may be divergent from Howe’s.
Look at Hansi flick at Bayern - was coaching the youth team, appointed as interim manager, and is now Bundestag coach of the season and may well win the CL to boot. Nobody saw him as a serious long term successor because he’d not had any chance to prove himself.
So my gut says JT is probably not the guy, but I really don’t see how you can assume we all know what kind of manager he would be.

My main concern is (Mentioned on another thread) is the players know him and he knows the players, we need someone in fresh who the players have to impress from the off and fight for their places.

Would be a totally underwhelming appointment and not what a relegated clubs needs when it is important to organise transfers and get new players on board... we need a seasoned manager to sort this...

Agree, I have
Agree I have been making the same point. How do we know how he will go if appointed.If the bookies are right were going to find out.

Tindall failed at Weymouth,he may be a good assistant to Eddie but that doesn't make you a good manager.

Absolute joke if Tindall gets the job, will be as bad a decision as when they decided to give Groves the job on a permanent basis.

Problem is, who would you trust over there to make the right appointment? Not Jeff or Max, that's for sure.

;