Jason Tindall

Is there not somewhere a manager who is doing well at a club and is ready to make a step up?

Like the rabbit hutch guy when that lot up the road got him. Or Potter at Infrastructure FC.

Does it have to be someone whose last job was a failure somewhere and in need of another chance?

I think if we were in the PL that would have been easier to find and that is if Eddie had still left.

I’ve been brooding over this for the past couple of days. My immediate reaction (when seeing him as bookies favourite) was that Tindall isn’t the right man for the job - he’s a number 2 / won’t cut it etc.

Part of my reasoning is that I don’t consider him to have the same media “presence” that Eddie has. JT comes across, dare I say it, as slightly thick compared to Eddie. The “brawn” to Eddie’s “brain” so to speak. But the more I think about that, I realise that I’ve no idea whether my perception has any basis in reality. Perhaps JT just doesn’t do well in the media spotlight, but does that really matter? What matters is that he knows his stuff in relation to tactics etc and can get the best out the players. For all we know (reading those articles) he and Eddie have been arguing vociferously behind closed doors with JT repeatedly arguing for tactics aligned to the views of many on this message board (but Eddie stubbornly clinging onto flat lined 4-4-2).

I have been immensely proud to be an AFCB fan when hearing Eddie speak as he’s so articulate compared to other managers. But, at the end of the day, I’m left with the overriding thought that Max, Mostyn and Blake are not idiots. An external appointment is equally risky in my view.

The more I think about it, I can see this being a reality.

Everyone like Purches and Fletch steps up a rung on the ladder behind Tindall, and hey presto you save yourself a fortune and try to look like you're trying to protect the club ethos.

I'm not saying its a good idea but knowing Mostyn and Blake I can see it happening.

I cannot reconcile Max's statement of intent after relegation, with the appointment of Tindall as manager. The two just don't dovetail. If people want a Cherry, why not Robinson? Yes, he's a risk. But at least he's a manager, unlike Tindall.

I cannot reconcile Max's statement of intent after relegation, with the appointment of Tindall as manager. The two just don't dovetail. If people want a Cherry, why not Robinson? Yes, he's a risk. But at least he's a manager, unlike Tindall.

I'm sure he has the best intentions but it's possible he may see JT and the rest of the staff as the people who along with EH brought the club a decade of success.

Bookies rarely get it wrong so if Jason is to be the next manager that throws my theory right out the window. My hunch why Eddie walked was because he’d been told/asked to clear out the back room and wasn’t prepared to dismantle everything he’d built. Shows how little I know.
Or Eddie spent a week trying to negotiate new deals for all his staff before he went. Blind loyalty till the end maybe?

To be fair most out of work managers have failed at some point....as Eddie did at Burnley!
I don't think Eddie did, he built most of that team that got Burnley up the following season. He has now but he's had enormous success with us prior to that and that's the reason he was given so long.

It seems that JT is chewing it over if he is going to put his name forward for the job.

Now we know Eddie was first in, last out at the club and it affected his family life.

Not sure what hours Jason works, but it just might be he will not want to have the strain/pressure Eddie had, which may be behind his decision to leave.

It seems that JT is chewing it over if he is going to put his name forward for the job.

Now we know Eddie was first in, last out at the club and it affected his family life.

Not sure what hours Jason works, but it just might be he will not want to have the strain/pressure Eddie had, which may be behind his decision to leave.
If JT is chewing it over then no thank you. You want it or you don't.

Eddies record at Burnley was 34 wins, 19 draws and 34 defeats. hardly a disaster in a team that needed rebuilding..
Exactly, on an average points per game basis, that record would give you 53 points in total for the season. Not bad at all.

All this "Eddie failed at Burnley" stuff is a complete myth. He did all right at Turf Moor, they just don't want to admit it, least of all Dyche.

If JT is chewing it over then no thank you. You want it or you don't.

Can't say I agree; it's one hell of a step up from the man who does..........errrr................bibs and cones.

The bloke is a bit of a mystery, I have no idea what he brings to the table, only he knows that.

So him having a long hard think is probably a good idea; it's not like other clubs are sniffing around any of the other rather lack lustre "candidates".

Can't say I agree; it's one hell of a step up from the man who does..........errrr................bibs and cones.

The bloke is a bit of a mystery, I have no idea what he brings to the table, only he knows that.

So him having a long hard think is probably a good idea; it's not like other clubs are sniffing around any of the other rather lack lustre "candidates".
Trouble is he might say yes !!!!!!!!!! I just have a vision of a second Kevin Bond.

Exactly, on an average points per game basis, that record would give you 53 points in total for the season. Not bad at all.

All this "Eddie failed at Burnley" stuff is a complete myth. He did all right at Turf Moor, they just don't want to admit it, least of all Dyche.
It’s actually 64 points over a 46 game Championship season. Just thought worth including that too before someone tries to misinterpret his record!

I have nothing against Tindall but whenever he has been interviewed he has never inspired confidence. That's all i have to go on as to is 'worth' for getting the job and so far he shown me he has what it takes.

;