Jason Tindall

...our record of promoting from within and former players coming back to manage us in the main pretty dire!

Yes it worked with Harry Redknapp granted and Mel Machin (who had managed other clubs before coming back to us)

think....Hartley...Benson....Willow....Fletcher....Brookes....Bradbury (maybe a tad harsh).....Quinn....throw in Carl Fletcher and his failed sojurn into management too

So please please no to Tindall it would show that we are not serious about going for promotion anytime soon IMO....

The club was forced into giving Eddie Howe the job when it was totally broke and it was a gamble that worked, a pure one in a hundred chance! I am not sure that there are too many like Eddie around?

How on earth can anyone have a clue what sort of manager JT will make based on being Eddie's assistant!!!

It's many years since his stint at Weymouth. What credentials did Eddie ever have? And how happy were we with his results.

JT has earned his Pro Licence and for me deserves a crack it. There is zero evidence to support us being relegated because of him! Mourinho was a nothing player who translated for Sir Bobby - he's done alright. He could succeed or he could fail, of that I have no clue but he has followed the right path to deserve a chance.

Sometimes we need to be humble enough to know that we don't know very much. Maybe JT was responsible for the more direct attacking resurgence at the end of the season and convinced Eddie it was time to hand the batton, maybe 1,000 other possibilities.

We sometimes we need to remember we are fans, supporters, and followers, and not customers and critics.

Time to get behind the red n black.

How do we actually know that JT was not More than 50% of the reason for the rise.. and without his input EH would not have got anywhere....we have all assumed such and much maybe because only one person can be manager...

JTs first transfer out ....would do well to make it Sweet Caroline.....she is not Championship material...

How do we actually know that JT was not More than 50% of the reason for the rise.. and without his input EH would not have got anywhere....we have all assumed such and much maybe because only one person can be manager...

JTs first transfer out ....would do well to make it Sweet Caroline.....she is not Championship material...
Because he failed at Weymouth. And then again as Jimmy Quinn’s assistant. I’m not saying he didn’t contribute, but the past evidence would imply that it’s Eddie that carried him.

From what I read the club was in turmoil when JT was manager, so maybe not a good way to assess him from that.

Most of us improve significantly over our careers. Sometimes we take on too much before we are ready.

The mark of someone though is how they respond.

Even JT doesn't know for sure what quality of manager he will be, but he has spent the last 10 years working to improve himself. He is one of a few assistants in the English leagues to go get his Uefa Pro License which is no small achievement.

He is probably more technically qualified than any previous manager we have had.

So why not give him a chance to see how we start?

Most of us improve significantly over our careers. Sometimes we take on too much before we are ready.

The mark of someone though is how they respond.

Even JT doesn't know for sure what quality of manager he will be, but he has spent the last 10 years working to improve himself. He is one of a few assistants in the English leagues to go get his Uefa Pro License which is no small achievement.

He is probably more technically qualified than any previous manager we have had.

So why not give him a chance to see how we start?

Evening Jason.

The more I think about it, the more I think Tindall will be given a chance.
I don’t think the board would really have wanted to lose Eddie, and in JT they may feel they have a potentially good replacement that knows the club, continues a sense of continuity to the club ethos, and will look to play passing, Bournemouth brand football, and is free.
I would imagine they wouldn’t want to pass on the chance to see if they have a ready made replacement in JT, but are probably equally willing to sack him after a season if it doesn’t work out.

Tindall as manager.....the optimist In me says he has been quietly watching any dubious decisions Eddie has made and has a master plan up his sleeve to instantly get the team performing. I guess this would become evident pretty quickly in the manner and set up of our first few games if nothing much has changed then I would think it unlikely we would see a ‘new direction’ .
Plus side would obviously be the continuity that he would bring but at the same time that could turn out to be a bad thing. I guess it would be the lowest risk appointment with his familiarity to the situation.

I would have Tindall above some of the other names being chucked about and I certainly have a curiosity as to how the players would respond to him. Not sure it’s reason enough though.

;