Jason Tindall

Look why are people so against Tindall. We do know that he controls the corner routines and set pieces and actually I think he deserves a shout if he goes with a few different ideas .

The reasons we have gone down is cos of the players and as said before 90% of what we do is right, just need the extra 10%

Look why are people so against Tindall. We do know that he controls the corner routines and set pieces and actually I think he deserves a shout if he goes with a few different ideas .

The reasons we have gone down is cos of the players and as said before 90% of what we do is right, just need the extra 10%

Not against him as a person, just against him as a first time appointment for a championship football club looking to get back in the Premier League.

We had a regime that became stale and failed. We have lost the most talented person from that regime and opted to continue with a lesser talented one. There’s no sense in that to me. Had we been very successful for the last 18 months you could understand giving it a go for continuity but giving that turgid crap another go without the talisman is madness.

What you have here is a group of mates who are too close making decisions on a multi million pound business. Blake, Tindall, Hughes are all thick as thieves. That’s not a recruitment process it’s a coronation.

It’s not like we did this before with Bradbury and Fletch I suppose and had something to reference..... oh, wait... hang on....

Not building an infrastructure and (if) appointing JT will be why we are back in League one soon and all those decisions were made by weak, vision less leadership.

Last edited:
I am close not caring tbh now... The double whammy of being relegated and losing Eddie was more than most fans cared to take in in the space of 1 week, but we are now 2 weeks beyond the end of the season and still have no real direction other than a letter of commitment from the owner, which, the longer this scenario plays out the less inclined I am in believing in his sentiment and commitment.

We need a decision asap, whoever that is... We need some transfer targets and we need some time for the the new man (let's be honest, it's going to be Tindall) to get his head around where this club is going.

A large percentage of our changing room will have either loved being here because of Eddie, of chose to come to here because of the opportunity to work with Eddie. These players we got in that had other PL suitors didn't chose to come here because of the beach, believe it or not... We've now lost that Mahooosive carrot so the new man needs to get his head around how he fills that void.

I just wish we'd get on with it and lets start planning for a very tough campaign...

Last edited:

I just wish we'd get on with it and lets start planning for a very tough campaign...[/QUOTE]

I agree. Confidence can be a very fragile thing and right now it won’t be sky high. Leaving things to fester as well as various players moving on could harm our start to the season and overall momentum.
BUT...hit the ground running with a few good early results and the team will get back some of that mojo that was lacking most of last year.

On another note, if we do hit a sticky patch, whoever is manager won’t be given the same time to turn things around Eddie did. Too much is at stake if Max wants a quick return to the Premier League or even Championship stability. I hope we don’t do a Watford and go through coaches every other week but I can’t see long runs of crap results being tolerated.

Neil I don’t want to see your weird rockstar uncle- stop asking! ;)

I don’t want Tindall, but you can only support him once he’s appointed. It depends on what Demin wants. If he wants a swift promotion I just can’t see JT achieving this personally.
We will support anyone in the ground until they prove they are not worthy of the job, we always do. That doesn’t mean you have to support the appointment.

I havent really had time to read the Tindall as manager threads.

I'd rather the great late Amy Winehouse.

And the answer is still, NO, NO, NO.

It's true to say I think that nobody other than Howe would have survived certain points of the past year, that Nov-Jan spell in particular. There would have been more logic in changing manager then than now. But I thought that loyalty was a strength. I just didn't see all this coming.

Now the club know that JT decided over the last couple of days or so that he wants to be considered for the vacant job, you would then have thought if he was 100% going to get the job, we would have heard by now with the short turnaround before the players report back and everyone then would know who was going to be doing Eddie’s old job and then plan for the season ahead.

It has been mentioned that there will be no appointment before the weekend as one of the three people on the selection panel will be out of the country and otherwise engaged.

So maybe they still want to interview other candidates before making a final decision.

We don’t know if anybody has been interviewed in the meantime once Max etc knew Eddie was leaving.

Whoever the fans want and there have been a few names banded about, it will be the decision of the three men on the selection panel who will make that choice, not us the fans.

We will support anyone in the ground until they prove they are not worthy of the job, we always do. That doesn’t mean you have to support the appointment.
Great thought Neil...I had the misfortune to support us with Benson Hartley Pulis Groves Quinn and if I am brutally honest I watched from afar,,that doesnt mean I didnt support just that I couldnt stomach the dross I was watching...plus with some my damaged neck bones meant I couldnt see the ball it was so high and aimless
I remember Pulis after Harry,,,,a similar scenario to now - Pulis was onto a looser as he was left to pick up the financial outfall - sound familiar??

All seems odd that the entire media corps are saying Tindall is inevitably going to become manager and have been for several days - yet we're supposedly having this formal process of drawing up a shortlist and interviewing candidates (candidates who presumably hear this from the media as well). It seems a bit of a pointless farce no?

If going through the motions of a process is intended to transmit an air of legitimacy to the squad, then why/how the hell does the entire media know it's just a formality? Who is leaking it?

This whole situation is being handled bloody poorly, starting from the way Eddie left, with the squad finding out the same time we did.

For me if he was confident in his ability as a number one he would of made the move by now. This looks like it is just going to fall in to his lap. It might work but it all seems a bit lazy and unambitious by the club. To my mind it’s not the change I was hoping for and can’t see it working but it looks like we’re going to find out soon enough.

For me if he was confident in his ability as a number one he would of made the move by now. This looks like it is just going to fall in to his lap. It might work but it all seems a bit lazy and unambitious by the club. To my mind it’s not the change I was hoping for and can’t see it working but it looks like we’re going to find out soon enough.

I take your points but surely he will have gained invaluable experience from the past 5 years at PL level and. I for one think he will bring a new style of play as no doubt he was under instructions from Eddie in the past knows our player the club and where we need to add strength.
All is not lost in my opinion

UTCIAD

Now the club know that JT decided over the last couple of days or so that he wants to be considered for the vacant job, you would then have thought if he was 100% going to get the job, we would have heard by now with the short turnaround before the players report back and everyone then would know who was going to be doing Eddie’s old job and then plan for the season ahead.

It has been mentioned that there will be no appointment before the weekend as one of the three people on the selection panel will be out of the country and otherwise engaged.

So maybe they still want to interview other candidates before making a final decision.

We don’t know if anybody has been interviewed in the meantime once Max etc knew Eddie was leaving.

Whoever the fans want and there have been a few names banded about, it will be the decision of the three men on the selection panel who will make that choice, not us the fans.
I think if the club just give the job to Tindall without interviewing other applicants it would be a disgrace. How can we know what others have to offer if we don't speak to them? Not only would that make us a laughing stock amongst the football fraternity, i would take it as a kick in the nuts to all of us supporters.

Happy to be proved wrong if JT is given the job. I just can't see it working.

It would be great if the directors showed some purpose and drive to take the club forward but I guess they lost that chance over the last 5 years. Can't see it changing any time soon.

A lost opportunity of any legacy, at least we own our ground... oops.

I think if the club just give the job to Tindall without interviewing other applicants it would be a disgrace. How can we know what others have to offer if we don't speak to them? Not only would that make us a laughing stock amongst the football fraternity, i would take it as a kick in the nuts to all of us supporters.

That’s what I mean, maybe they haven’t decided yet, otherwise to kill the uncertainty if JT was certain of the Job they would have announced it.

Eddie leaving was nearly a week ago, so for all we know they could have already interviewed some by video link.

;