Jason Tindall

Tbh are we better off now than before JT was sacked. At least his substitutions sometimes had an impact.
If we knew we were getting woodgate, would everyone be so happy to lose JT.
Attracting a decent manager will be that much harder once we lose more players, and still in championship
Better off ?we were 6th and in the play offs.now we're 5pts outside play offs.ffs

Bit of a stretch but afcb could go up against Tindall in a fa cup semi final at Wembley this season - what odds would have you got back at the start of the season!!

Better off ?we were 6th and in the play offs.now we're 5pts outside play offs.ffs
Read his post properly. He’s agreeing with you. This whole Woodgate vs Tindall debate is a waste of time anyway, neither is anywhere near up to the job that they were tasked with. Just because he happens to be a little less incompetent than Woodgate it doesn’t mean that Tindall was the right man for the job. Can’t wait to see Purchy given a go. (That was a joke)

Put your name down for the job Neil as it’s obviously that bloody simple :bow:
Football club management isn’t simple but individual decisions are. Roy Hodgson having Harry Kane taking corners is the best example. Nobody knows more about football management than Roy but nobody in England thought he was right on that one and he wasn’t. Similarly being one of 10,000 people that knew Billing for Pearson in a central two against an energetic three would weaken us doesn’t make me or everyone else able to be Bournemouth manager but you know we are right, right?

I'm not sure where we played Billing yesterday is that important really....he was playing in a midfield 2 up against a team doing the same tbf....more to the point is why we brought him on at all!....bringing Billing on as a sub never seems to work as in a period of a game when we need a bit of energy he instantly looks the most tired player on the pitch....either start him and then maybe take him off after an hour or don't play him at all.....although tbf it's no good us wanting our manager to make substitutions that make a difference like Barnsley did yesterday because we don't have a manager like Valerian Ismael ....we have Woodgate.

Anyway back to the thread point! Looks like JT has worked his early magic..

(I’m joking and know he only travelled up today to watch.... before Rob and the rest of the Blake evangelicals bite)

Feeling a little sympathy for Aaron Ramsdale at this point. Second relegation in succession and would have been a third had Wimbledon not stayed up at the death two years ago. He'll no doubt be relieved to see JT arrive.

Feeling a little sympathy for Aaron Ramsdale at this point. Second relegation in succession and would have been a third had Wimbledon not stayed up at the death two years ago. He'll no doubt be relieved to see JT arrive.
He was on loan at Chesterfield when they were relegated out of the league

Struth, forgot that - hell of CV so far for the lad. I'm sure things will improve for him.
Wouldnt be the first time a good keeper is scapegoat for a crap defence. Making saves to prevent 3 or 4 going in but still losing 1-0 doesnt win points or keep your team up, but can show your shot saving capabilities
What i'd be more worried about is his mental strength. For a keeper to be battling relegation(and hence conceding goals) year in year out isnt good, and easy to slowly slip away down the leagues, not to come back. Ramsdale is better than that

You were so sure that Jason wouldn't get sacked you took me on at a 100 pound bet, with all proceeds going to a worthwhile cause.

You lost the bet and didn't pay the money to any charity.

What a low life scumbag.

Hi,
Excuse me for inviting myself on here. Blade in peace n all that! The Wilder thing is naturally an absolute disaster without putting too fine a point on it but while the rest of the fan base tears each other to bits whilst the club seemingly implodes we've got your ex man on the staff and the fact he's Bettis's best mate isn't helping.

Now bear in mind the board are going to probably have a bit of a fire sale and that any business we do is likely to make us maybe a club where we are probably going to have to try for playoffs because we'll be too damaged to try and keep the current squad in tact and bounce straight back. But also a mid table finish or below would be a failure.

For a club who might see themselves hovering about where you are now in the championship this time next year, can you offer your thoughts on how successful Tindall might be cos I can only see this going one way and I doubt we will appoint a big name though I could be wrong. Should you have kept hold of him (record seemed solid before that 4 defeats in 5)? Is he going to be any good at that level do you think? We litterally have no idea what interest there would have been in him if we'd not just bought him in....... Interested in opinions. Like I said, forget the idea of us holding on to all but a couple of our squad and handing the championship its **************** like we might have done with Wilder still in charge.....

In short... most thought he wasn't the right person to take over from Eddie, but it was more the fault of the men upstairs than Jason's for putting him in that role...

Started like a house on fire and we genuinely played some solid stuff and tore a coupe of teams apart... Then 'it' happened... No one is really sure what 'it' was, but it happened in a big way and we saw both results and performances dip massively... The team seemed to lack unity and we were on the decline... I'm not saying that any of this was Jason's fault, however, one could argue he wasn't the right man to get our squad sorted, after the sales of influential names, rock bottom confidence and a transition to a very tough league, all in his first ever management role and coming out from under Eddie's shadow...

At the time of his departure, most will agree that it was time for Tindall to go, purely based on the club's desire/need to go straight back up... and the erratic and declining performances, but he was treated pretty poorly by them upstairs and was seemingly walking a tightrope from pretty early on...

Jury is very much on out on his ability to be a manager as we simply didn't see enough of him to make that judgement... Maybe he'll go on and have a great career in management, or maybe he'll continue being a successful coach/No.2.

Whatever happened here this season, no one would wish him anything other than their best moving forward... So whilst ironic he's ended up with you, in a higher division, so soon, I wish him well...

He couldn't get the best out of a very individually talented squad. But he was part of am incredibly successful management team. I have no idea how he will do but he was a player and coach here for many years. Hope he does well. Probably a better coach than manager.

;