Jay Mellette

So, last Saturday was two points dropped rather than a point gained?
Technically both ;) as with every draw in the history of football since three points for a win, although I know you weren’t talking to me.

To be fair to Mr Mallette (I liked his brother Timmy) if we sign a lot of injured or injury prone players we will have seven out. These were pretty much all the case before his arrival. He is a medical performance director not an evangelical healer.

Technically both ;) as with every draw in the history of football since three points for a win, although I know you weren’t talking to me.

To be fair to Mr Mallette (I liked his brother Timmy) if we sign a lot of injured or injury prone players we will have seven out. These were pretty much all the case before his arrival. He is a medical performance director not an evangelical healer.
Reminds me of a joke I heard not too long ago:

Faith healer visits a small town.

And sets up a prayer meeting. All the faithful are there and are ready for a miracle.

One man hobbles up and says "I've been lame since I was a boy. Can I be healed?"

The preacher says "All who believe will be healed. Now go behind the curtain"

Another man walks up and says "C-c-can you c-c-c-cure a stuttttttter?"

Preacher says "all who believe will be healed. Now go behind the curtain"

The preacher starts praying then tells the lame man, "throw out your crutches". Two crutches come flying out from behind the curtain. The crowd goes wild!

Then the preacher asks the stutterer "tell us in a loud clear voice, what are you seeing?"

A voice comes from behind the curtain,

"the f-f-f**ker f-f-fell flat on his f-f-face"

How many of those out injured had a history of injury prior to signing? Lewis cook and dango didn’t for sure. Not sure Tav had did he?

Fredericks yes but he was a freebie. I expect quality players come into our price range due to injury record. That’s why a 25 man squad can spread the risk.

Ake had a great injury record but then first 18 months had a bit of a nightmare with injuries at man city but this was not predictable from history.

Yes I would say so. West Hams goal was the result of Rothwells error and so they may not have scored if he had not been caught in possession. Looking at our performance we may well have won the game if we had our full strength eleven on the pitch.

Yes I would say so. West Hams goal was the result of Rothwells error and so they may not have scored if he had not been caught in possession. Looking at our performance we may well have won the game if we had our full strength eleven on the pitch.

There are lots of scenarios where we might have won and lost the game. We didn't have our full strength team out - teams very rarely ever do. You just have to get on with it.

Next game we try to win with the players available just like all of the other games.

Early indications says bringing this guy in was an excellent idea.
Gradually getting the injured players fit, and keeping them fit.

Imagine this guy is near the top of his field tbh.

Seems like an excellent appointment/move by the club.

We’ve needed someone like this for years. Although, let’s let it crack on before we get too excited. We signed a couple of injured players who we were told would be back following the international break. They weren’t.

Them eventually coming back isn’t a sign he is a miracle worker I think it was always going to be the case. Good that we have external experience though.

We’ve needed someone like this for years. Although, let’s let it crack on before we get too excited. We signed a couple of injured players who we were told would be back following the international break. They weren’t.

Them eventually coming back isn’t a sign he is a miracle worker I think it was always going to be the case. Good that we have external experience though.

Well yeah. You only have to look at Chelsea to see workd class facilities and supposedly staff doesn't prevent concerning injury issues sometimes.

Re signing those injured players in Scott and Adams, if our club didn’t sign them because of their injuries there would have been moans, so whichever decision our club took they couldn’t win with some fans.

Looking at it longer term, Alex Scott is only 20 and Adams is 24, so hopefully when they are both fully fit and integrated into the team, we will have two very good players.

Yeah credit to Neill Blake for bringing someone in, that's how the logic goes isn't it?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t believe there was any official information that Adams or Scott would be back after the international break, remember reading varying reports on both but never any official time frame.

Re signing those injured players in Scott and Adams, if our club didn’t sign them because of their injuries there would have been moans, so whichever decision our club took they couldn’t win with some fans.

Looking at it longer term, Alex Scott is only 20 and Adams is 24, so hopefully when they are both fully fit and integrated into the team, we will have two very good players.
It’s a different argument Billy. Yes personally I didn’t have a problem signing two injured players with potential.

;