Jeff and Eddie Howe

Neil Dawson

UTC Legend
Both Jeff and Ed have been very interestingly quiet on the appointment of a man they know so incredibly well. Especially as one is the chairman.

It seems from what was said on Solent yesterday J M is more an ambassador of the club now and involved on various FA committees.

He may be chairman, but it seems now more in name only.

so what do you want Jeff to say, I mean the club released a statement on the appointment, I would say the club statement is enough we don't need to hear from everyone, I mean if Jeff releases a statment what do people want next, the kit man? the tea lady?
eddie might be quiet because he doesn't want to take the limelight from Jason I would imagine he has contacted him about it but again he doesn't need to come out public with his views

Can understand Eddie staying away and giving Jason some space.
You would expect Jeff to say something though. Could imagine he's upset at how the last couple of weeks panned out.

I have to admit Jeff has been very quiet...Expected something from him...

I don’t expect Eddie to say anything for a while and when he does, I expect it will be in the form of a feature interview in the Athletic, or something... Eddie doesn’t do social media, and his parting letter said probably everything he needed to and needs to say...

Why should we expect anything...that way we won’t be dis appointed by anything that happens

There is no conspiracy or hidden motives. Jeff has been quite for a long time. How often does a former manager comment on his replacement?

I think JM will be extremely upset that Eddie has left to the extent that he doesn’t feel able to make a comment at this stage. Max Demin is according to reports a BIG fan of Tindall - he is not a fool so must have good reason to feel like that!

It seems from what was said on Solent yesterday J M is more an ambassador of the club now and involved on various FA committees.

He may be chairman, but it seems now more in name only.
If that is correct, Billy, and I am not doubting it, that would leave us with one on -site executive Board member in Neill Blake.

I wonder how many other clubs at Premier League or Championship level operate on that basis? Is that really enough for a club of our size / turnover and with our ambition?

If that is correct, Billy, and I am not doubting it, that would leave us with one on -site executive Board member in Neill Blake.

I wonder how many other clubs at Premier League or Championship level operate on that basis? Is that really enough for a club of our size / turnover and with our ambition?

It is mentioned by Kris T 38 or so mins in.

Also you might be interested earlier on what he said re Steve Purches and the players.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08m15qm

;